Great Lakes Roofing Corporation

Great Lakes Roofing Corporation Employee Reviews

United States22 reviews
Most places provide pd training and an ability too give you time too learn the job .There was no training no time too learn the job at all I do not advise working there the job is set up for failure until they set up a pd training this job is a waste of time
Good company and I was look for benefit so i went to different company and they are still working even tho bec of covid-19. They can keep u busy during covid-19
Cons
Bait and Switch. I had a perfectly good job before GLR but management told me everything I wanted to hear and didn't follow through on any of it. Don't do it, stay where you are, they will not pay you the way you agreed to nor are they good on their word to their clients. GLR DOES NOT offer warrantee work on roofing jobs!
Things taken to personal and not on a professional level, would recommend to stay away as other reviews state. If the place was ran by better management it be a great place.
Awesome training program, great benefits, work your way up fast. The owner actually cares and does lots of employee benefits outside of work great bonuses.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I love this company!!! Been with the company for years,and like any company you have ups and downs. When I started I had no experience at all with commercial roofing,but here at great lakes they do have tranning steps that will help you succeed and move up in the company. I am proof of that!! I would also say that that it is very family oriented. And I enjoy every single person I work with.and I would recommend anyone that's wants to have a career and make great money and learn a great trade to apply.
This place is shady and treats you like nothing. Position was a foreman that we had to pretend that the job they bid was right but always sucking the most out of the customer and not telling them what fully is wrong with there roof until where up there tearing it off. They don’t care about any new hires use them till season is over the pay and management is terrible. The hours are long and don’t pay you for all your tim. Don’t work for this place stay far away
The CEO is a lair and con artist. Their HR dept is horrible they have a controller doing it, and she thinks just because she goes to one or two SHRM meetings makes her qualified to be a HR Manager. The pay is horrible, there are no benefits. The Sales manager once said he called 640 people in one 8 hour day that would equal to 80 phone calls an hour. He was a lair and fits in just fine there, they don't honor their warranties, or their commitment to their customers. If i was able to call the IRS i would have them look on how the CEO does his books as well I am sure they aren't legal.
Pros
Cons
Ceo, Sales Manager, and Controller
Great people, great pay, great management, great opportunity, they have a vision for the future like no other company I’ve seen before. Anything you need they get and they are willing to help in any way.
Not recommended. Not enough atonomy. Too many worthless leads. Overcoming past reputation of former employees a challange. Crowed market place treats you as an outsider. Crews are good and well trained, follow good workmanship practices.
Pros
Good hourly pay, training
Cons
Micro management, short hours for inside sales
I need to laugh when I read some of the negative reviews. This is a great place to work, so i felt that i had to speak up. I have been in many different sales roles for different industries. Great Lakes Roofing by far has been the best.

They pay top salaries for the different positions from the installers, inside sales, and outside sales. With that being said the company expects all roles to do their part and work.

They give you all the tools and ways to be successful. As they say you can lead a horse to water but you can not force it to drink the water. The company will work and teach anyone. They will put in the time but you have to be willing to do it.

Never have I been asked to do something unethical or lie as some reviews have said. We are always above board and expect the best. The company strives for excellence and expects all employees to do the same.

Management is always there when needed. They may not drop what they are doing because we all are busy but they will always get to you in a timely manner.

Bonus structure for inside and outside sales are phenomenal. Some may say its unachievable however, if you follow the processes Great Lakes Roofing gives you it truly works outs and is very achievable.

It is a great team atmosphere to work at. We all push each other to do more and do better. It brings out the best in everyone.

Benefits are better then most companies.

The owner really does care about each one of his employees, and makes sure we are all taken care of and can provide for our families.

In short this is a great place to work.
 - more...
Pros
Pay, benefits, atmosphere, company values
Cons
Do not work here!! Turn over in 1 year is almost 85% people do not stay because of extremely poor managment.

Avoid this place like the plague. They do not install quality products and the goal of their sales people is to steal as much from customers before caught, then move on to the next one. They charge double what other contractors in the area charge and play off of the ignorance of the customer to suck them dry.

The home office spends tons of cash flow on trying to manage their public relations with fake reviews and fake accounts, in an attempt to get/keep people. In reality they will tell you anything to get you working there then pull the rug out from you once you're there.

This may sound like a random angry employee but be warned all they focus on is making fake reviews on Google, linked in, indeed and the better business bureau.

Again avoid working here, avoid hiring them for work, just run!!
Cons
My experience with this company was awful. Management is only concerned with how to squeeze out more profit, employees and customers be damned. We had no management in our branch for most of my time there, and zero support from corporate. When I asked how to address customers who had negative experiences with the company I was instructed to lie and say we were under new management. My position was temp-to-hire, my onboarding was nearly a month overdue. This meant a loss in pay and PTO that they refused to backdate. They don't even offer paid holidays, something even Walmart does. The only positive were my coworkers, all of whom were too good to be working there. If you're reading this you're probably considering a position with this company. Don't. If you're half-way competent there are too many companies in the area who will value you. Go work for one of them.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
Everything else
Don't bother to even apply. Huge turnover several management changes they reinvent the wheel upon each manager change they've made it unrealistic to make your commission earnings
Pros
Cons
Need to use your own vacation time for holidays
It was ok to work for them but theyalways were changing pay rates and making pointless rules to micro manage employees. Promised things to people and would not follow through.
Pros
benifits
Cons
deceptive tactics
Very high turnover with management, and sales professionals, plus policy is always changing. Very few meetings for training and overall what’s going on with the company.
Pros
Good pay when hitting target goals
Cons
High turnover, which created bad culture
There's always a lot of pressure and mistrust from the uppermanagment, which leads to low morals throughout the employees and causes a high turnover rate.
Worst company I have EVER worked for!
Mind numbing work with zero room to move up

CEO and Controller of the company are paranoid, nasty people to work for.

Lies about incentive pay.

When I started the entire office quit, left on my own for over 9 months.
Pros
Hours
Cons
no room to advance, 30 hour work week, unattainable incentive pay, Shady Management from the top to the bottom
This is one of the best jobs I've had. Company does a great job of processing feedback from employees to improve and rewards individual achievement. They allow me autonomy to perform my job and get the resources I need to be successful.
Sure, every employee here is expected to work hard & give 100% but the pay scales are above the market and they prefer to promote from within. The owner sometimes promotes employees before they are really ready and develop specific training plans for them rather than hire outside/unknown people. All employees are expected to be rock-stars! Sales people must sell, roofing crews must install water-tight roofs, etc...people that don't perform generally do not stay here very long. I find this company to be VERY family friendly, have really good benefits and is employee centric. Employees are not only listened to but are also expected to be active partners in coming up with continuous improvement ideas--many employee suggestions made at the group weekly meetings have been implanted over the years. No company is perfect but I have found a rewarding home at Great Lakes Roofing where my hard work & dedication HAS been recognized & compensated for!!! Many of my ideas have been implanted, I enjoy having a platform to voice suggestions & areas for improvement. I have, many times, been allowed to state an idea & then given the authority and autonomy to implement my idea to completion--pretty cool!!!
Pros
Free flow of ideas, willingness to try new ideas, rewards hard-work
Cons
High expectations, must wear many hats
There's a bunch of pros and cons. Working outside is great but when it gets super hot out it can be miserable at times. Also when it's winter you sill have to work outside since they do work year round
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Lakes Roofing Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7