Great Lakes Roofing Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work!
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 8, 2019
I need to laugh when I read some of the negative reviews. This is a great place to work, so i felt that i had to speak up. I have been in many different sales roles for different industries. Great Lakes Roofing by far has been the best.

They pay top salaries for the different positions from the installers, inside sales, and outside sales. With that being said the company expects all roles to do their part and work.

They give you all the tools and ways to be successful. As they say you can lead a horse to water but you can not force it to drink the water. The company will work and teach anyone. They will put in the time but you have to be willing to do it.

Never have I been asked to do something unethical or lie as some reviews have said. We are always above board and expect the best. The company strives for excellence and expects all employees to do the same.

Management is always there when needed. They may not drop what they are doing because we all are busy but they will always get to you in a timely manner.

Bonus structure for inside and outside sales are phenomenal. Some may say its unachievable however, if you follow the processes Great Lakes Roofing gives you it truly works outs and is very achievable.

It is a great team atmosphere to work at. We all push each other to do more and do better. It brings out the best in everyone.

Benefits are better then most companies.

The owner really does care about each one of his employees, and makes sure we are all taken care of and can provide for our families.

In short this is a great place to work.
  more... Most of the bad reviews seem to be from people you are angry and probably did not follow the processes Great Lakes Roofing has layed out for us. If you are interested in any position here please take the reviews as a grain of salt and come see for yourself.

They love to promote within as well which is really nice. They also are always willing to train anyone with little to no experience. You just need a can do attitude, want to work and show up.
Pros
Pay, benefits, atmosphere, company values
Avoid this place!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 4, 2019
Do not work here!! Turn over in 1 year is almost 85% people do not stay because of extremely poor managment.

Avoid this place like the plague. They do not install quality products and the goal of their sales people is to steal as much from customers before caught, then move on to the next one. They charge double what other contractors in the area charge and play off of the ignorance of the customer to suck them dry.

The home office spends tons of cash flow on trying to manage their public relations with fake reviews and fake accounts, in an attempt to get/keep people. In reality they will tell you anything to get you working there then pull the rug out from you once you're there.

This may sound like a random angry employee but be warned all they focus on is making fake reviews on Google, linked in, indeed and the better business bureau.

Again avoid working here, avoid hiring them for work, just run!!
Terrible management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  McFarland, WIFebruary 9, 2019
My experience with this company was awful. Management is only concerned with how to squeeze out more profit, employees and customers be damned. We had no management in our branch for most of my time there, and zero support from corporate. When I asked how to address customers who had negative experiences with the company I was instructed to lie and say we were under new management. My position was temp-to-hire, my onboarding was nearly a month overdue. This meant a loss in pay and PTO that they refused to backdate. They don't even offer paid holidays, something even Walmart does. The only positive were my coworkers, all of whom were too good to be working there. If you're reading this you're probably considering a position with this company. Don't. If you're half-way competent there are too many companies in the area who will value you. Go work for one of them.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
Everything else
Unrealistic goals change in compensation to make it harder to earn money
Account managet (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 12, 2018
Don't bother to even apply. Huge turnover several management changes they reinvent the wheel upon each manager change they've made it unrealistic to make your commission earnings
Pros
Cons
Need to use your own vacation time for holidays
Good bonus and commissions if hitting goals.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIAugust 17, 2018
Very high turnover with management, and sales professionals, plus policy is always changing. Very few meetings for training and overall what’s going on with the company.
Pros
Good pay when hitting target goals
Cons
High turnover, which created bad culture
Its a decent place to work but the way its run could improve
Material handling (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIJune 15, 2018
There's always a lot of pressure and mistrust from the uppermanagment, which leads to low morals throughout the employees and causes a high turnover rate.
This "company" is a joke. Lies, cheats and doesn't trust any of their employees.
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  McFarland, WIDecember 14, 2017
Worst company I have EVER worked for!
Mind numbing work with zero room to move up
CEO and Controller of the company are paranoid, nasty people to work for.
Lies about incentive pay.
When I started the entire office quit, left on my own for over 9 months.
Pros
Hours
Cons
no room to advance, 30 hour work week, unattainable incentive pay, Shady Management from the top to the bottom
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 12, 2017
This is one of the best jobs I've had. Company does a great job of processing feedback from employees to improve and rewards individual achievement. They allow me autonomy to perform my job and get the resources I need to be successful.
Roofers work with gravel, asphalt, tar and other construction materials in order to construct roofs. They work in extreme conditions and are required
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIAugust 4, 2017
Repaired, maintained, and removed roofs and the installed of new ones

Measured roof to calculated the quantities of required materials

Installed vapor barriers and layers of insulation

Inspected composition shingles, slate shingles and metal roofs for leaks

Applied cold process roof coatings

Erected rigging

Determined materials requirements for roof repairs

Inspected problem roofs to find out the best way to repair them

Founded and replaced damaged joists and plywood

Installed shingles, asphalt, metal, or other materials to make the roof watertight
Hard Work IS Rewarded!!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WIJuly 19, 2017
Sure, every employee here is expected to work hard & give 100% but the pay scales are above the market and they prefer to promote from within. The owner sometimes promotes employees before they are really ready and develop specific training plans for them rather than hire outside/unknown people. All employees are expected to be rock-stars! Sales people must sell, roofing crews must install water-tight roofs, etc...people that don't perform generally do not stay here very long. I find this company to be VERY family friendly, have really good benefits and is employee centric. Employees are not only listened to but are also expected to be active partners in coming up with continuous improvement ideas--many employee suggestions made at the group weekly meetings have been implanted over the years. No company is perfect but I have found a rewarding home at Great Lakes Roofing where my hard work & dedication HAS been recognized & compensated for!!! Many of my ideas have been implanted, I enjoy having a platform to voice suggestions & areas for improvement. I have, many times, been allowed to state an idea & then given the authority and autonomy to implement my idea to completion--pretty cool!!!
Pros
Free flow of ideas, willingness to try new ideas, rewards hard-work
Cons
High expectations, must wear many hats
Good people
Roofer/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIJanuary 3, 2017
There's a bunch of pros and cons. Working outside is great but when it gets super hot out it can be miserable at times. Also when it's winter you sill have to work outside since they do work year round
fast paced environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WIMay 7, 2014
The demands of the job kept the work day flowing at a comfortable pace. At times the requests could seem unobtainable but overall the "working family" was very pleasant. Most enjoyable part of the position was the planned group activities and being part of giving back to the community.
Pros
very positive atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Lakes Roofing Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9