Great Lakes Roofing Corporation Pay & Benefits reviews

Great Place To Work!
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 8, 2019
I need to laugh when I read some of the negative reviews. This is a great place to work, so i felt that i had to speak up. I have been in many different sales roles for different industries. Great Lakes Roofing by far has been the best.

They pay top salaries for the different positions from the installers, inside sales, and outside sales. With that being said the company expects all roles to do their part and work.

They give you all the tools and ways to be successful. As they say you can lead a horse to water but you can not force it to drink the water. The company will work and teach anyone. They will put in the time but you have to be willing to do it.

Never have I been asked to do something unethical or lie as some reviews have said. We are always above board and expect the best. The company strives for excellence and expects all employees to do the same.

Management is always there when needed. They may not drop what they are doing because we all are busy but they will always get to you in a timely manner.

Bonus structure for inside and outside sales are phenomenal. Some may say its unachievable however, if you follow the processes Great Lakes Roofing gives you it truly works outs and is very achievable.

It is a great team atmosphere to work at. We all push each other to do more and do better. It brings out the best in everyone.

Benefits are better then most companies.

The owner really does care about each one of his employees, and makes sure we are all taken care of and can provide for our families.

In short this is a great place to work.
  more... Most of the bad reviews seem to be from people you are angry and probably did not follow the processes Great Lakes Roofing has layed out for us. If you are interested in any position here please take the reviews as a grain of salt and come see for yourself.

They love to promote within as well which is really nice. They also are always willing to train anyone with little to no experience. You just need a can do attitude, want to work and show up.
Pros
Pay, benefits, atmosphere, company values
Cons
Unrealistic goals change in compensation to make it harder to earn money
Account managet (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 12, 2018
Don't bother to even apply. Huge turnover several management changes they reinvent the wheel upon each manager change they've made it unrealistic to make your commission earnings
Pros
Cons
Need to use your own vacation time for holidays
Hard Work IS Rewarded!!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WIJuly 19, 2017
Sure, every employee here is expected to work hard & give 100% but the pay scales are above the market and they prefer to promote from within. The owner sometimes promotes employees before they are really ready and develop specific training plans for them rather than hire outside/unknown people. All employees are expected to be rock-stars! Sales people must sell, roofing crews must install water-tight roofs, etc...people that don't perform generally do not stay here very long. I find this company to be VERY family friendly, have really good benefits and is employee centric. Employees are not only listened to but are also expected to be active partners in coming up with continuous improvement ideas--many employee suggestions made at the group weekly meetings have been implanted over the years. No company is perfect but I have found a rewarding home at Great Lakes Roofing where my hard work & dedication HAS been recognized & compensated for!!! Many of my ideas have been implanted, I enjoy having a platform to voice suggestions & areas for improvement. I have, many times, been allowed to state an idea & then given the authority and autonomy to implement my idea to completion--pretty cool!!!
Pros
Free flow of ideas, willingness to try new ideas, rewards hard-work
Cons
High expectations, must wear many hats