Great Lakes Tissue Company

United States10 reviews

Great Lakes Tissue Company insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

It sucks!

The dollar is the only thing that matters. Management is in the owners butt. They have little concern for the workers and people that make waves get screwed out of a job. They also never honor unemployment. If you file they will falsify paperwork so they don't have to pay.

Cons

Make this place a last resort if you need a job

Forget covid-19 safe this place isn't safe at all. Sometimss pastic chains are put in place and paper signs are hung up to avoid the company any liability when you eventually do hurt yourself. They have point system for handling discipline the less points you have the better your doing the only problem is you get a points for taking a sick day, leaving early sick, being 1 second late and clocking out 1 second early, so never mind 6 feet, avoiding gatherings at the time clock is impossible and if you feel sick too bad you'll get a point if you call in. And of course you don't deserve your raise when you have points is what management will tell you and points stay on your record permanently. Management is more worried about keeping there job than actually doing their job.

Pros

Checks every Friday.

Cons

covid-19 safty, Management, pay rate, stressful work environment

Fun place to work, but hard to get increases in pay.

Enjoy driving the forklift, get a lot of work done. Hardest part is the 45 mile drive to get to work. Boss may buy us lunch or dinner, if working holidays.

Pros

Do have health ins. Guys seem to get along with everyone.

Cons

The building is not the best

No direction!

Management was there to take orders from the top and make it happen regardless of the outcome. managers who were never on the same page. Roof collapsing all the time.water like waterfalls coming in from damaged roof.

Pros

The workers are the best people anywhere.

Cons

Moral was always low.

This is a good place to work until something better comes along.

I enjoy working at Great Lakes Tissue, but improvements need to be made to the building conditions. I got along with the guys and made friends. Management does not give out pay raises like they should. I have learned what this business is all about, it was a different type of work for me to learn .

Cons

The 45 mile drive is just too much time on the road, getting there and coming back home, especially in the winter, when road conditions are bad.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Productive fast paced evironment.

It was a good job to work but the line machines always had issues running or had to be fixed daily. Pay was alright but the hours were terrible. The 12 hour swing shift messed with my ability to sleep properly due to my insomnia as well and was over all very draining.

Great stepping stone

I've had job security and receive a yearly raise. We stay busy all winter. I get to learn and operate new machines and they give me plenty of responsibilities. I train new employees.

Pros

Checks always clear

Cons

Dangerous work area at times

An OK place to work

This is an OK place to work and get health insurance. But there are times, when I don't think this business will last long, with no product getting sold. Hours were cut last winter because of no sales for a couple months. The work culture is very stressful. Hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day, loud noise from the machinery running. I have learned to operate several kinds of equipment, and have met many new friends working there.

Training

Better training, Worked with very little help to complete orders daily.The hardest part of the job is not having enough people to complete a team when orders are to be completed on short notice.

productive

worked 12 hour shifts, My job was doing the same thing just in different areas. The management was run poorly. My co-co-workers were great, If you had a problem most of them would stop and help. There were no hard parts to this job. The most enjoyable was the paycheck at the end of each week.

Pros

Paycheck, the 12 hour shifts, and my co-workers

Cons

No benefits, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Lakes Tissue Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Great Lakes Tissue Company Reviews by Location