Great Minds Employee Reviews

Nobody stays
Accounting Associate II (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCAugust 3, 2018
In my two years there, most everyone cycled in and then were walked out if they didn't leave on their own. There is too much work to do. It is becoming a women owned business.
Pros
free snacks, women owned business
Cons
how you are treated
A young curriculum company
Account Solutions Ohio Valley Region (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2018
An exciting new curriculum with an approach that rivals it's predecessors. The company is still more re-active than proactive. Still seeking that balance.
Review
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2018
This company definitely has its growing pains due to being a fast-expanding start up. Overall is a good work environment, but the company structure is very flat with lots of junior staff and a team of senior staff without much middle management. Benefits are stellar, pay is average but on the slightly low side. Remote work is a plus.
Great, growing organization
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2017
Great Minds believes every child has the potential to grow and takes it's responsibility to provide the very best learning materials for students. This is a great organization to be associated with.
Great Non-Profit Mission with A Changing Direction
Senior Manager, Digital Services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 26, 2017
Great Minds has a great mission, where the organization believes every child is capable of greatness. As the company has grown and is attempting to scale, a lot of consultants have been brought in while there have been a lot of changes to the leadership team. There seems to be a lack of focus, and it has taken a long time for the organization to come to timely decisions. Rather than commit to decisions, more time is spent on analysis. This makes it difficult for operations to stay on budget and schedule, when process improvements could easily be implemented to help alleviate pain points across teams.
Pros
Great Benefits, Telecommuting, Talented Employees
Cons
Constant Change, Growing Pains, Lack of Training
Remote curriculum writing
Curriculum Development (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL - RemoteMarch 8, 2017
Webinars were held week and grade level teams worked together to produce high quality curriculum which was reviewed by content editors. Training was provided to build capacity in its writers. Collaborative teams worked very well together to produce a quality product.
Pros
Remote work, competitive compensation
Cons
short-term
Great people and company, helpful, team-oriented
Grade One Content Editor (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 28, 2016
I enjoy working for this team-oriented company. I work on a team with three other people. We meet online daily to discuss the current project. Our team is very supportive, anchored by a content lead. I have built my skills as a curriculum writer. The hardest part of my job is writing, but it is also the most enjoyable. Writing is hard work!