Great Northern Employee Reviews

Poor work environment
Take off (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 23, 2018
Fast pace, lazy workers, alot of favoritism from HR. Alot of drama, n bulls--t full of back stabbing liars. Don't trust anyone there, all act like they are in high school. Good luck... And beware..
Pros
Some nice people, maybe 2
Cons
Negative people
Poor management team and co worker bully each to force them out
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratagraph OshkoshApril 20, 2018
Usually scheduled 8 hr shift at stratagragh oshkosh. Also scheduled 1 Saturday off month (work 2 saturadays in row then off one). Also scheduled overtime during week to cover other shifts almost 3 times a week. Co workers on packaging lines bully others they don’t like to the point they quit or don’t show again. HR and supervisors have no idea what is going on on floor. Sent home many times due to lack of work. Lots of time pushing brooms. Not a place I would recommend to anyone unless very desperate
Pros
Cons
Bully employees and poor management, going threw temp agency
Stay away
Production (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 3, 2018
Unfriendly atmosphere high insurance cost and deductible. A million tests and a long chat to with a psychologist if you do not go threw a temp service to be hired.
Pros
Climate control
Cons
Everything else
challenging with the number of associates that come through the plant
Fulfillment Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 28, 2017
Start out your shift by looking at what jobs are urgent that need to be done right away and then the ones that are less urgent.Getting the lines set up for the associates when they show up for work.when associates show up set them up on the line to start production.I have learned to be a lot more patient with the part timers. the hardest part of the job is keeping the lines running when the associates decide to leave after one of the breaks.I really enjoy my coworkers that I have to work with.
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
too many associate changes
Driving nights
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Netcong, NJApril 28, 2017
The job was called on per diem. it was the northeast region. It was night work midnight to morning drop off reload and return to next destination or the yard.
Productive and face paced
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WISeptember 21, 2016
Good job and great people to work for. Very face paced work. Great Northern Corp is a job that multi tasking abilities, dependability, and accuracy is a must.
Fun at Work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 30, 2016
Great co-workers and a nice place to work. A very good 401 K and Profit Sharing program. Get up to three pay increment your first year.
I enjoyed working there. It's a great company to work for.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 20, 2016
I had an amazing crew on my machine. I was a press operator on my machine. The hardest part about my job was not being able to get orders out on time because a machine issues.
Pros
Safety lunches and yearly raises was a plus.
Cons
There were very little supervisor communicaton with the employees.
Great Company to work for!
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIApril 6, 2016
Great Northern is a great company to work for with excellent benefits and great advancement opportunities. The people are extremely friendly and there is plenty of work to keep you busy.
Pros
Friendly People, Busy
Cons
Drive was long for me.
productive and fun workplace.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIMarch 20, 2015
the work at great northern is very fun theres always different products to deal with so it never gets boring. they are fast paced so you get a bit of a workout. i would deffinately go back to work there.
was ok, no advancement
driver (Former Employee) –  Netcong, NJMay 16, 2013
no 1 worked together, always had to run over the log book, I day after starting my day at 5:30 am, & getting back to the yard at 11:30, they let some new driver use my truck, and gave me a few days off, now after driving this truck for over 8 years, their now giving me a much older truck, and less days of work, need to get into a new company and fast, don't like what I see coming down the shoot
Pros
no pros
Cons
many