Great Plains Coca Cola Bottling Company

Working at Great Plains Coca Cola Bottling Company: 24 Reviews

United States24 reviews

workgreatmanagementworkinggoodplacefunemployee

Great Experience

Great Experience in merchandising. Hard work but fun environment. Worked a major market retail route and gained great merchandising experience. Fun contests building 12pk displays.

Career opportunities

I was excited to work for this company and possibly advance. Lost that when they were bought out and a good percentage of employees were laid off. Had to fight to keep my job and lost all hope of advancement. Work load increased and understanding of family needs were never to be considered.

Pros

Good pay, advancement from low positions

Cons

Heavy workload, low family priority, no work life balance

Great Plains Coca Cola Bottling Company insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things

Toxic management. Good employees

Lots of shady things done by mgmt. Class b drivers make way more then class a drivers. That's unheard of anywhere else. My manager wasn't even licensed to drive my truck. Red route is brutal during the summer and outright dangerous during the winter. Benefits are terrible with super high deductibles. Only reason I stayed as long as I did was the other employees.

Pros

Other employees

Cons

Way to many to list.

Does not care about employees

Low pay, long hours and a mentality that if you dont work extra youre not doing your job. Management does not care about the well being of employees, they only care about hitting quotas

forklift operator

A very nice and pleasant place to work. Co workers were easy to get along with and worked well together. Management were cooperative and very understanding.

Very Poor Environment

Working with the receivers was awesome! I was able to meet many really cool people when delivering the products. The problems were not with our customers, it was with Management and how they deal with the employees. This is NOT a place to work if you are a woman with a CDL, they will run you into the ground with harassment!

Cons

Very poor Leadership

Product -monthly birthdays-we raised money for angel tree

Coke was like family. I worked there 27 years. And most people stayed. They did things to raise money for charities. For the angel tree, coats for kids, we adopted a school.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes-free beverages

Cons

Too many meetings

Overall great job

Probably one of the best jobs I've had in my career. Very friendly environment, paid training, the supervisors are very helpful, managers are easygoing, and I would recommend thos job to others.

Good fast past environment with good benifits

Working for great plans was a good temporary job using pallet jacks and hand picked device everybody got along and went in there did there shift and got out ?

Pros

Vending ect

Cons

2 15 min breaks and a 30min lunch was required

Fun job

Great plains Coca-Cola was a fun place to work. The process for doing your job was pretty straight forward. It was fun working hard and coming up with new ideas to improve job functionality.

Pros

busy work

Cons

extreme diverse personalities

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Great Plains Coca Cola Bottling Company?

Mangaement.

Great Plains Coca-Cola was efficient at what they did. however, they seemed to care about their bottom line more than they did their employees. all in all, not terrible.

Pros

free soda

Cons

Poor leadership

Fast paced. Job security

Easy enough job. Low quota so it’s easy to get your numbers and they train for everything there, no experience required. Good opportunity if you’re looking for a way into the warehouse business.

Pros

Paid training

Cons

Short breaks. No climate control

Fun place if you are ok with being a delivery driver

You werent really around management much. You work on your own filling coke machines and snack machines. It was great other than the career advancement part.

Nice place

Great place to work every one is very freandly.would recomind to someone if ask. Had fun working at Great Plains Coca Cola in the seven years there.Thier was some up and down .

Pros

Great place to work.

Not a good place to work

Not a good place to work and they are shorthanded and will work you regardless of DOT regulations. They will hound you to work on your days off, and guilt you in to working.

Pros

Good driving experience

Cons

extremely long hours

Great

Great place to work and advancement is always available, great automoshere and fun environment.Flexible schedules and set duties. Training was offered and regular check of advanced work was available.

Benefits

The sky is the limit

Very good work environment in my experience. Advancement opportunities and opportunity for other job titles within company. Work/ home life balance has been great.

Pros

Insurance coverage

Cons

Some equipment

fun work place

its a fun at work and very enjoyable.Management is very good they take care of employees.I like to help customers in work place after i feel so good.I learned so many things in this job.

Changes are a coming.

Been with this group for 12 years. The latest ownership is taking over at the end of July. I strongly feel the new ownership will be like Bob Brown's Coke when I first started. Mr Brown and our new owner, friends, both in their 80's are cut from the same cloth. Customers first. Then, the associates, us, you reward and recognize. The ownership in between was, well, poor.

Pros

Currently, none.

Cons

See above review.

Great place to work for. Everyone is always eager to help you learn and grow.

I am a merchandising operation supervisor. I work with my team on finish accounts and making sure that each associate is happy and staying on task. I have started a program that will help each associate move into a job they want in the future with the company.

decent work environment

It was a pretty simple job. If you want to interact with other co workers, this is not the job for you! If you're an outgoing person with good people skills, you'll forget that working here! You have to keep your numbers up when building orders so basically you barely know the people you work with...

Pros

nice breakroom, nice front office workers

Cons

short lunch, no ac, pallet jacks are faulty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Plains Coca Cola Bottling Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits