Great Plains Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
ok job
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEMay 4, 2018
Stressful jobs, management isn't worth anything, really have to watch your back especially when it comes to the higher ups. Work isn't as bad, and department managers are AWESOME!
Productive and fun work enviroment
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEApril 18, 2018
Being able to work as a generalist is amazing. I would stay a generalist anywhere if I could. A typical day on my shift is working three people on Evening shift (1;45pm-10:15pm) we will work 2-3 assigned departments that day. We will help the phlebotomists with miss draws and receive inbound batches from all the smaller surrounding hospitals. We are very fortunate to have a strong Microbiology Department in the middle of the state of Nebraska. I enjoy all the people on my shift and work as a team or independently depending on the work load that day. A typical day I maybe get to relax three times because we are so busy, and currently shot staffed.
RN (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEApril 6, 2018
They scare off all the potential leaders and superior physicians because they lack supportive and transparent management. If you dig deep enough you can find a lot of conflicts of interest just on the board members alone.
Pros
Good for learning how not to lead
Little training, good people, favoritism
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEApril 6, 2018
I was not enough training to feel comfortable in my job before being sent to do it alone. When tasks came up that I was never trained to do I was faulted for not even knowing I was supposed to be doing them.

The people were friendly and personable, especially my manager.

My schedule was changed many times to occomidate another employee. Most of the time I wasnt asked before my schedule was changed. When I asked why it was changed it was always, she needed the day off, she wants to work these weekends so we switched your schedule so she could. I had to cancel several plans because of this.
Okay place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEMarch 2, 2018
Overall a decent place to work although I would not recommend a friend to work here. More worried about the income than patient care. Quality of staff lacks education.
I overall love my job. I love the people I work with and for.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEFebruary 5, 2018
I truly love working for GPH. There are opportunities for advancement. It is a wonderful environment, lots of positive energy. They want you to succeed and will help you in any way they can. The CEO makes himself very available. They are doing great things.
Pros
Was able to work from home, great pay, great benefits.
CNA Pysch Tech (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJanuary 24, 2018
It’s a good place to work but managers not always there for their employees did get your hours, they do provide good quality care for the patients. Happy
Pros
Discount in the cafeteria
Cons
Short breaks work later then your shift not good sick time
great coworkers but lack of support from management. Too much micromanaging going on
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEDecember 14, 2017
Great plains Health is a good place to work but lack of support from upper management has been detrimental to the nursing culture. Staff turnover rate is very high and too many travelers on board.
Pros
great co workers
Plays Favorites in OR
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEOctober 9, 2017
Poor manager who shows favor to her friends. Too many hours no teamwork. Doctor's were great but older techs not really interested in teaching specialities.
Pros
Can afford to pay higher wages.
Cons
Bad town to live to raise children.
Pros/ Cons
Contracted Certified Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEOctober 4, 2017
Three room OR. Level three. Can be quite busy some days, others, lots of outdating and cleaning.
Dr.s are great. Staff is great.
Some days, not enough staff
Some days, to much staff
Pros
great peers
Cons
lack of communication
Na
Employee (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJuly 19, 2017
I am neutral about my experience at Great Plains Health. Some departments are clique-like, and some departments are supportive. If you are in the right department, it's a positive environment.
Good place for a beginner to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 25, 2017
The management at GPH is lacking in a lot of respects, most of them do not care about their patients or there staff. Managers are to concerned with appereances and numbers rather than the sick patients and the staff that works very hard to keep patient's safe, happy and healthy while in the hospital.

I believe that a hospital of this size should have more oppurtunities for advancement, and that the pay for any position should be raised.
Great Plains Health
Interventional Radiology & CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEApril 25, 2017
Small community, but great people.
Not much outside of worklife if single.
Great Doctors to work with.
Friendly staff and very much team oriented.
Smaller hospital but regional hospital for many rural towns/communities
poor culture and management
RN (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEMarch 15, 2017
This fairly busy hospital is typically understaffed. Patient to nurse ratio is high and dangerous. Management is biased and all in the "family" (having the right last names gets you far and allows unjust advancement). Coworkers are friendly and work together well.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
minimal breaks, poor management
Prestegious. Nice physical layout. Friendly staff. Productive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NE 69101January 24, 2017
Been working here for over a year. Nice hospital. Friendly environment. Good teamwork. Can be very busy on the medsurg floor. Management can be a little more motivating. Opportunities for learning. I definitely learned a lot. Overall a good experience.
Nice people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEJanuary 11, 2017
Typical day is never typical, flexibility is a must, management is supportive,
The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the consumer happy and healthy
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NENovember 2, 2016
Great staff and fcikity. Fantastic pay and benefits. Very clean and organized. Helpful with questions and staffing was great.
Okay
Clerk (Current Employee) –  NebraskaOctober 17, 2016
Great bunch of gals to work with, management not so much. Patient care is at an all-time low due to budget cuts. Could be much bermtter if they cared more about actual patient care rather than the scores.
Pros
Discounted coffee
Cons
Lack of hours
Great place to work for cross training
CT TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEOctober 4, 2016
The DI department at Great Plains Health strives to train people in multiple modalities to ensure that they always have coverage in all areas. This is great for people who want to learn other modalities like CT but it is not so good for those people who only want to work in one modality.
Patient focused growing regional medical center
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEAugust 15, 2016
Patient focused growing regional medical center. State of the art facility, amazing technology, expanding specialties, and employee friendly environment make this a wonderful place to spend your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Plains Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Great Plains Health Reviews by Location