Great West Employee Reviews

Director Provider Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 20, 2018
Great West was one of the best jobs I ever had. I worked there for about 15 years and enjoyed going to work almost every day. It was a sad day when they decided to close the North East office and move functions to the Mid West.
Pros
Great staff, great leadership
Cons
can't think of any
Corporate
Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2018
Great benefits, pretty easy. Not the best pay or career advancement. Lots of time off and pretty easy job but just can't move up very quick and pay is so-so but not enough to survive in a city on your own.
Stable Work Environment
Marketing Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 19, 2018
Great people but little opportunity for advancement. The pay rate for most positions is below other companies. Also the responsibility for said positions is more than the pay rate given should be.
Great-West Healthcare
Internal Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 16, 2018
I'm not sure this review would be helpful now given the Healthcare Division was sold off long ago and the business now focuses on Finance and Investments as well as Life Insurance.
Productive workplace
Flexible Spending Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2018
Had my own daily tasks and deadlines to meet, I learned about FSA accounts (flexible spending account) Management did not hover. Hardest part of the job was knowing it was not a permanent position
Pros
Hours
Cons
Contract/Temporary position
positive
Senior Manager, Operations (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 4, 2018
Been a very positive and productive experience working there. Have been provided opportunities for personal and career development. Much exposure with senior management.
Awesome work place
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver County, COFebruary 6, 2018
Mostly working in day time and learned good things form this company. I was working as computer programmer in this company. We were following agile methods to maintain our work and project development.
fun people to work with
Administrative Assistant, Operations (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 29, 2018
This is a good company to work for. I liked it after I was trained to do the job. I was very exciting. Had to learn about the different departments and how to find people by name and date of birth rather than social security number
Cons
lossing jobs to foreign places
Great Manager
Internal Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2018
Consider myself a friend of the manager, but it became difficult to work there on the current income. Decided to start looking at my other options. The manager did great, he had no control over pay.
Fun and compatative environment.
Senior Software System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 18, 2017
I loved working at Greatwest.We had a great group working together to debug and resolve applications issues, including BMC Remendy applications, Oracle stored procedures ... etc.
I wanted to go back to keep my position alive, but my mothers sickness kept me busy and the company could not give me more than 6 months, which was very apprciated.
Pros
great place to continue widening knoweledge and skills
Cons
Shrinking down jobs to be moved to India, was a great stress.
Limited communication and places to advance to.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 11, 2017
My chances for advancement were good, except we are installing a new computer system and my job will become obsolete. I can't get anyone in a manager;s position to give me an idea of where my role will be heading and spend most of my days staring at the walls.
Worst management I have ever worked for
Production Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 25, 2017
Worked for Great West for almost 20 years then in 2016 they brought in all new management and their so called new management was extremely difficult to work for to say the least.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
management
High Stress Call Center
RETIREMENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 23, 2017
Management style is very micromanaged. I was able to learn a great amount in the retirement service industry. A typical day at work consisted of being on the phone all day and answering 80-100 incoming calls.
Fast paced but structured. Good co-workers.
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2017
Overall, good place to work. It was a good experience with good
co-workers. Processed and audited forms on a daily basis.
Learned about Benefit distributions and paying attention to
certain details.
Typical Large Corporation
Deployment Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2017
Many employees, lots of departments. Politics happen. Nice facility, decent people to work alongside. Management struggled to understand what their solutions team was really making, despite many briefings by the lead developer. Many managers do not understand what they manage. This is a common problem in companies.
Productive and fast pace environment
Assistant Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 30, 2017
Great company. Fast pace environment opportunity for growth. Opportunities to take college courses. Great health care benefits.
Great people to work for.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
1/2 hour lunch
You will be a small fish in a big pond
Senior Mutual Fund Implementation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 25, 2017
The Investments Implementation area was very hectic and understaffed. Manager played favorites to friends she had that also had children in school - she gave them better schedules and less work. My assistant manager talked to his wife on his cell phone half the day while the rest of us in the department tried to keep up with all the service requests in the queue. They are sending jobs to India as fast as they can and their supposed Corporate Value do not line up with what actually takes place in the department. Good benefits package but you are always looking to be replaced. They say to speak your mind to your manager or to HR but don't be tricked into doing that.
Pros
Good location, access to light rail, parking
Cons
They will constantly hire from outside the company
Productive and fastpase
Security Architect (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 17, 2017
This company is very concerned about all of their customers concerns and works to make sure that any incidents are resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
Great company to work for!
Customer Service/Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moon, PASeptember 15, 2017
Great West was a wonderful place to work. We all worked together to achieve our goals therefore achieving our bonus every quarter.
The only reason I left was because the company downsized to 5 locations in the country and there was no longer a Pittsburgh area office. Most of us did not want to relocate out of state.
Pros
Paid breaks and lunch
Cons
No cons
You'll be paid fairly only if you leave and come back
Tech Support/Help Desk Rep (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 11, 2017
Worked here for 6 years at the bottom of the pay scale. There is a cap as to how much you can get for a raise which prevents you from applying to internal jobs that you maybe qualified or even over qualified for. They would rather look outside for talent that pay attention to the people that are actually working for the company and have been there for years and understand the business.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
bad pay and no one to help you advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight