Great Western Malting Employee Reviews

Hostile environment
Maltster (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 19, 2019
Management is the worst I’ve ever seen. If something doesn’t change they will drive the plant off the edge, and run off any remaining good workers. The production employees are at each other throats and the rumor mill is like nothing I’ve witnessed before. Hostile work environment. I do like the job and all the duties surrounding it but the culture is tough.
Benefits
Cons
Awful management and HR
Horrible management team
Maintenance Mechanic/ Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 30, 2019
I do not recommend this employer. Constantly changing management teams, no one knows how to run the plant correctly. Management team does not care about the employees, therefor they hire and fire, going through people like water through a strainer.
benefits
Cons
management
great work environment
Security (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDApril 27, 2018
Everyone that works there is pretty nice, they show you how to do new tasks. The hours that i worked were flexible. The management there is pretty good. I don't have any complaints about the place
Technical Writer
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 1, 2016
I worked at Great Western Malting in Vancouver, WA as a consultant to help create training materials for an inventory transition project. The environment was nice to work in, despite the security requirements of checking in/out. The people were great to work with and very helpful. Management seemed to be very responsive and on top of issues.
Professional
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 2, 2014
Very well structured environment, fast paste, attention to detail, work place.
Most negative place I ever worked
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 6, 2013
This was the most stressful and negative place I ever worked. Accounting management are work-a-holics and expect you to be the same. There were many days the only words spoken were "good morning" or getting yelled at, no personal interactions. New ideas or process improvements are frowned upon, unless it is their idea, this after commenting "when I was in that role, I did x". Lower level staff do care and want to make changes for the better, as well as outside of accounting, but frustrations make them end up leaving the company or have one foot out the door.
Pros
People care about customers and products
Cons
Long hours and negative
Fast paced sales
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 31, 2013
High volume of customers in an extremely fast paced environment. Great skill building environment.
will get you in shape
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 7, 2013
I learned that maintenance is the bottom of the pecking order. If anything goes wrong it was the fault of the maintenance crew.
A very hostile work enviroment out side of the maintenance crew. As for the maintenance crew, they are a great group of guys. work well together and are always upbeat. Management outside of maintenance is very hostile. They use maintenance as a scape goat for most every problem. The hardest part of the job for me was the physical part. I can't even guess as to how many stairs I climed every day. I took this job for something to do and found that it was fun. I liked being able to fix the equipment and was able to use my engineering experience to solve control problems that have plaged them for years.
Pros
great workout
Cons
the constant blame game by upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Western Malting. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7