Great Wolf Lodge
Information from Great Wolf Lodge:

Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

United States1,354 reviews
Found 1,354 reviews matching the search
The work isn't necessarily difficult, it's about what you'd expect at any hotel front desk, but be prepared to always be busy: the lodge is never closed and more times than not it's at max capacity. Guests are probably the roughest point of the job, which is par for the course when working with the public. At least compared to standard retail positions, guests are actually happy to be there; they're on vacation after all. And a majority of people working at the lodge were genuinely happy to be there.

The general work atmosphere has such strong pros and strong cons that it's hard to pin down a single rating. Coworkers are some of the friendliest, most helpful people I've ever met, and we had each other's backs through every thick and thin - whether it was work related or not. This is naturally not a guarantee, but our front desk was so tight knit we actually kind of bought into the idea of being a 'pack family' as we were referred to, at least with one another. Unfortunately, one of the main things we needed to back each other up on was management. Everywhere you go you'll have your fair share of management issues, and we had ours too: late/missing breaks, not being consistently supported with guest issues, favoritism, some lowkey racism mixed in for fun. When management takes a stand for us, it's a huge highpoint. When they don't, the feeling ripples all through the desk.

Overall I felt like I got a lot out of the job: better communication skills, practice with problem solving/deescalation, a solid introduction to sales/upselling (through activity passes and room upgrades),
 - more...
Pros
Amazing coworkers, free waterpark tickets, discounted rooms, food/retail discount, above average salary for the area, generally happy work environment
Cons
Inconsistency in management support
Fun place to work, if you enjoy struggling through life paycheck to paycheck. The pay is not a livable wage, unless you have no kids and live with your parents. Hard work got you nowhere, as the General Manager hired her former colleagues and family for leadership positions. Hopefully it's changed since I left.
It is an amazing place to work. I recommend it. Some jobs pay well in the company. Others do not. This is more for the college student who needs a full time job or a high schooler who needs a full time job rather then the adult who needs to provide.
Pros
Insurance, some management, culture, people
Cons
Rest of management, HR can be difficult, pay
Kids experience crew is like a little family. So fun and I make more than I ever made at Disney. Also a lot less stressful and allows more time to really interact with guests.
For a first job it's alright, but I feel like an outsider, despite being there since launch (of the Scottsdale location). It's stressful and more often than not feel like my managers don't care. I feel like a bother to them. It pays a little better than most jobs, and there's plenty of chances for moving forward, but it feels like favorites are played in the choosing of who moves forward.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I worked with pretty bad coworkers the entire time I was there. Everyone seemed very unmotivated and unenthusiastic about being there. This made for very very very long shifts each day I worked.
The managers are HORRIBLE they often wouldn’t let employees go to the bathroom when asked and would make us wait to got for up to 4 hours. Keep in mind you’re around water all day and it’s 80 degrees in there so you have to drink lots of water which means you also have to use the bathroom often. The morning before work I had gotten my period, I told my manager when I got to work that I might have to leave early due to the fact that I had cramps and I cannot take medicine for it. He then proceeded to rush my 30 minute break and tell me I needed to get back out there. I continued working and acted as if nothing was wrong. I asked to go to the bathroom so I could take care of lady things and they told me someone would be right up. I waited 4 hours until someone came up and I had to run down the stairs (from RCR) because a customer told me I had blood running down my leg. Managers and supervisors often tell you they are on their way when they are just sitting down or talking with each other which they DO NOT allow sitting at any slide while working.
Pros
Free water park passes
Cons
Managers SUCK and supervisors SUCK.
Fun place to work at as a High School Student or Early College Student. Very Social group of people that know what they're doing to help assist families.
This job was great at first with promise of care and respect for you and your family

If you have a family emergency, they are not understanding and require proof and even sometimes will deny that proof

Very poor communication between management and staff
Pros
Free one night stay per year
Cons
They took chat away, low moral, poor communication
They don’t give us the 40 hours a week, that we need, the J-1’s are treated better than the people who live here and really need the income, The schedule is never the same! They don’t like when you ask for off time they get mad! The whole place is a wreck to work for!
Due to COVID-19 we had to stop working there but all in all it wasn’t bad at all. Was a good team work job and where I was working at we always got it done
Great Wolf Lodge has out of touch corporate decision makers which leave the lodges unorganized, confused, and unprepared.
The mangers do their best to keep everything in order but with orders coming from corporate unexpectedly and without any preparation customers often know about deals or special offers before front of house employees.
Worked there for 11 years and I didn’t was much appreciated for my hard work. The upper management is awful and there is a lot of discrimination in there. They don’t treat the employees fairly and is there a lot of corruption on the upper management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not a good leader support
You were promised that you will be promoted within a year, but managers never follow through, unless you’re their favorite. The pay isn’t worth the amount of work that you do.
Pros
Friendship amongst coworkers
Cons
The pay
Everyone there is very friendly. A really enjoyable place to work at. Everyone is committed to lift each other up and working together. Flexible hours
During my time working there, I was paid very well compared to other employers and even other departments within the same company. It’s a great job for younger employees, mainly high schoolers, because the pay is competitive and higher than minimum wage. It has its cons too, it’s very physically taxing and the shifts are long. Management is quiet terrible though and don’t provide a friendly environment.
Pros
Good pay, lots of hours, discounts, free passes, holiday pay, Pto
Cons
Poor management, labor inducing, excess hours/overworking employees, management and work atmosphere
Most of the time i didn’t even feel like i was at work. It’s a great place to be and all customers are very nice and being able to keep everybody safe and happy is an honor.
My experience at great wolf had a lot of good and bad to it. I feel that my coworkers were a mix of good and bad people, a lot of young high school students. The management team is large and nice but the head manager is extremely rude and always sets you up for failure. If she does not like you even if you are good at your job, she is extremely rude to you and always shuts you down. The general environment of the water park is disgusting and we have had a roach problem for a long, long time that has yet to be terminated. Guests can be rude. Pay is low compared to other places. Part time is 9.75 an hr and its better than minimum wage, but with the amount of hours you put into this place its nothing. I do like how they are flexible with creating the schedule around your time, but it can be rough because a day of work has long hours. Its 8 hour shifts of being stuck in a hot waterpark with TERRIBLE ventilation. Its a decent place to work, but you do not get much out of it with growing with the company unless you are super close to the supervisors and management team.
Sometimes would work with my schedule. Supervisors would make sure I was okay and had everything I needed. One complaint I would have is that sometimes I would be working one whole outlet by myself; meaning I would be doing cashiering, serving and restocking all at once.
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Needed more workers
I enjoyed my time at great wolf lodge as a lifeguard and do not regret working there. I had made many friends from working there and learned alot of useful skills like cpr, communicating to guests, and answering their questions.
It's up in the air day to day. Managers are nice but winging it. It works because a few do more than most and the lowley staff(packmemebers) do 90% of the workload.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Wolf Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight