Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

Terrible company
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Working at great wolf lodge was absolutely terrible. I can handle the regular guest who are tired hungry and mean, but not the backstabbing-drama filled coworkers and management. There was so much favoritism that it wasn't even being hidden throughout the managers. I tried to love this place for almost three years, but just gave up. The company itself illegally tries to keep your time and a half for the holidays and didn't say anything until some of us found out. They will work you until over time, and only give you part-time benefits. If you demand for full time benefits, as you are working 40+ hours, they will drop you to 10 hours just because your manager is being petty.
Pros
free food if you work in the restaurant
Cons
literally everything else
Not worth it
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 16, 2019
The lifeguard supervisors play favortism towards other guards . Senior guards dont make the new guards feel welcome . Everyone is sleeping with eachother . All the managers and supervisors do is gossip about everyone
Pros
Pay and discount
Cons
Everything us
Fun job, terrible communication
Server (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I absolutely loved my job as well as the money I made in tips. But there was absolutely no communication between management. I was approved for a vacation and then when I came back they "forgot" to put me on the schedule for 3 weeks. The managers refused to answer my phone calls or texts during that time. When the manager finally responded, his excuse was "oh I just didn't know." They all knew....anyways, always check your pay too....my checks were usually wrong.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Terrible terrible management
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 15, 2019
This was a good opportunity for me to grow in the field that I love. I also enjoy working with the people there. I honestly believe that this was good.
Execellent place of employment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 15, 2019
Would definitely return back if given the chance,had my living situation had been more secure and child illnesses didn't become between my place of employment would still be employed at Great Wolf Lodge.
Very enjoyable
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed my stay at Great Wolf Lodge, but I wasn’t given any opportunity to get promoted even though the managers constantly say they wanted to promote me
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lack of advancement
I enjoy working there, I get to meet different people from different country
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 8, 2019
Great wolf lodge is the best place of work interest.
My coworkers are very helpful and we work together as a team.
At times the work is quiet challenging but at the end it’s your job.
You get to collect your tips also.
Most of all we do not just work, at times they will keep party for the staff were we all can have fun and forget about work for just a day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
stressful
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAJanuary 8, 2019
Poor management. No communication between supervisors and chefs. Employees are inappropriate and steal food. EXTREMELY competitive place to work and very sexist work environment
okay first job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 8, 2019
this place is good for kids who need something to do for 8 hours a day and don't need too much money. Doesn't pay well enough for anyone who has bills to pay unless you are in management. And it is hard to achieve management status.
Brakes.
Laundry attendant. (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJanuary 5, 2019
I learned how to maximize the time and category of the washing machines to wash the right set of sheets and bath towels. Lint had to be cleaned every 2 hours on the drier machine upon the starting shift, carts had to be clean and sanitized before putting any kind of sheets and towels wether they were dirty, stained or cleaned. It was teamwork at its best on a busy day on a morning or evening shifts.
Pros
Free lunch!
Cons
30 minute breaks.
Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJanuary 3, 2019
it took some getting used to the way things were run within this company but once i was settled in everything was fine, my biggest complaint however was the lack of communication between shift leaders and staff.
benefits
Cons
working holidays
Fun and productive workplace family oriented
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 3, 2019
I loved working there it was just what I loved doing cleaning making a difference helping people and being around family environment and my shift was absolutely wonderful
Pros
Discounts on rooms waterpark wherever located
Cons
It could be very busy/ crowded at times
Never work here
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 27, 2018
The best part about that job was the coworkers. I met amazing people there. My main issue was that 3 out of 4 managers did not care about you at all. The supervisors only look out for themselves. I was part time working 40 hours per week and they still had the guts to ask me to stay for another shift. The most difficult part was watching the water for hours at a time then getting a 30 minute break which was unpaid. I would 1000% never recommend this place. They were always understaffed and rarely over staffed. The times they had too many people they would send people home who had only been there for 15 minutes. Overall this place sucks especially as a first job. I would get injured because I would be standing too long and they even gave me a concussion.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, poor management and poor organization
good
Host (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 26, 2018
I would work thir again if I got re hired but mangment is lacking and some of the employee are pist off a lot no one ever advances and thay will work you to death if you let them
Pros
some free lunches
Favoritism & Neglegence
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 26, 2018
Check your hours weekly. Checks will be messed up and takes forever to fix them. Constantly asked to do things outside job description. No respect for life outside work. Scheduling is a hot mess. Managers are wishy washy with who needs to follow which rules based on what benefits them at the time.
Pros
better than minimum wage
Cons
inconsistent rules, no breaks, under staffed, messed up checks, rude staff & guests
Unfair company to work for
Food & Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2018
Benefits are so-so. Everything else just sucked completely. Most workers are super lazy. Management picks favorites. People act so childish it's like being back in high school... Including members of management.
Fun
Retail Lead (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 23, 2018
Great place to work for those who like fast pace environments. Great management and a great brand to work for. There are also around 2000 kids daily so get used to that
Pros
Free water park passes
Cons
corporate
great place to work
Overnight Security and Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 20, 2018
fun people and great perks for employees. Management was very friends and they had a way to make the employees feel like a team. Pretty flexible hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Great wolf
Hotel desk clerk, Customer service (Former Employee) –  pocono paDecember 19, 2018
the experience i had at this job was a good one the people were great to be around the pay and schedule was good. If i had the chance i would work there again
Productive and fun workplace
Bartender/Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotrun, PADecember 17, 2018
Energetic and positive work environment. Employees are provided with exceptional healthcare benefits as well as paid time off and a plethora of other workplace benefits. Overall, an amazing company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Wolf Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight