GreatAmerica Financial Services Employee Reviews

Not an understanding employer.
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 14, 2018
If your manager does not like you they will find a way to get rid of you. If you have an emergency come up and you must miss one of the last days of the month you will probably loose your job. It seems like a great place to work until you actually get there and speak with a lot of the employees who are actually very unhappy with management and the way that they are treated but they feel they can't say anything because all the managers are friends so you have no one to turn to.
Pros
Lots of free food days.
Cons
Poor Management, Do Not Care About Your Family
Good people, not a lot of chance for advancement
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 28, 2018
The people and culture are a positive attribute to the company. There are not a lot of opportunities for advancement or for further training. Communication is something that needs to be improved. When a change is be implemented, it isn't broadcasted through the company very well.
Pros
good work work/life balance
Cons
not a lot of opportunity for advancement
Great Place to work
Funding Specialist/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 17, 2018
Amazing company to work for. Hardworking and they reward for the hard work. Great culture and team atmosphere. They care about their employees and they want to see them succeed
Committed to Employee Growth
Account Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 28, 2017
The best part about working for GreatAmerica is that they genuinely value their employees and are committed to helping us grow and succeed in our careers. They empower their employees to make difficult decisions, take charge of their future, and to have fun. I have never worked for a company that puts so much effort into their culture to insure that they are finding the right employees to fill the correct spots. GreatAmerica also has great benefits and monthly bonuses that keeps everyone motivated to assist in reaching our monthly goals.

In my almost 2 years working at GreatAmerica I could not image working anywhere else.
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Culture, Benefits, Team-Based Environment
Awesome place to learn, grow and stay.
Director of Marketing, CDG (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 22, 2017
GreatAmerica is a company that truly cares for its people. My favorite part is how much GreatAmerica supports each individual to find a role at the company that allows them to use their strengths and their passions. I have personally benefited from this, starting in a role that I liked and was good at, to the role I’m in today that I love and have the opportunity to excel at.
I get to come to work every day and work with really smart, driven people to create marketing materials, campaigns and branding that helps us attract new customers. Our innovative culture allows me to find new and exciting ways to accomplish that.
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Benefits, Leadership, Culture, People
Cons
Little Flexibility With Working Remote
Amazing Culture & Growth Opportunities
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 21, 2017
I am approaching my sixth year with GreatAmerica and I can honestly say I don't see myself working anywhere else. From day one, the environment just felt different here. Everyone genuinely cares about each other and people enjoy coming to work each day. Our leadership team is very motivational and they do a lot to show care for and to give back to our employees. GreatAmerica offers a very fast paced and collaborative work environment.

In summary, at GreatAmerica you aren't just a number, you have an opportunity to make a difference and there are many opportunities to grow in your career.
Pros
Great benefits, monthly bonus, team-based environment, fast-paced, opportunities for growth
Great Culture, Great People
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 21, 2017
I have never worked for a company that dedicates itself so much to their culture and making sure they obtain the right people. In doing this though GreatAmerica has achieved something that is hard to describe. They have created an atmosphere where people genuinely like to come to work and interact with customers. We make time for fun, strive for excellence, and create opportunities for growth. When starting at GreatAmerica almost 1 year ago it never felt like I was starting a new job, it felt as though I was starting my career. GreatAmerica encourages growth and fosters development. I had never experienced an employer that invested so much into each individual employee's success. I would recommend GreatAmerica to anyone that has the desire to strive for greatness, look at the whole picture, and start a career.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GreatAmerica Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight