GreatCall Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fantastic place to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 19, 2018
It was the most stress free, straight forward, and well compensated job I have ever had, the health benefits are the best and they really seemed to care about me as a person. They have paid training, free snacks, great PTO and are LGBT+ friendly.
not a good place to work
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 13, 2018
overall it was a nightmare, I stayed because I needed the money. very poor micromanaging you have to log yourself in and out of a computer every you want to do anything, including go to the bathroom there. and if you used too much of a certain code because maybe for example, you have to go to the bathroom often because you drink a lot of water you get looked at or in trouble. there's no way to move up in that company, they pick and choose who they want, and if you are not on their "favorites list" then you don't get to go to the department you want. that's why I left, there was no getting out of that position unless i left the company.
They are awesome
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV 89521May 26, 2018
Best possible company to work for. No other job comes close to providing the training, support and personal growth like Greatcall. They really support their sales agents.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 25, 2018
Good job
Good pay
Good people
Good environment to work in
Food trucks are always there for people who dont have a car for lunch time
Pros
Food trucks
Cons
The products they sell, suck
Company run by Ghosts, Afraid to reach out and find out it's all a MIRAGE...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 23, 2018
At first, they make you feel like you won the lottery. They contradict themselves a lot and they don't even realize it. That is the saddest part of it all, and they believe their own hype. The class is run by a couple of dorks. No real-life training or preparation for the floor. All notes and worksheets. The trainers should be taking calls, they are not just a big joke all they do is joke/train in class. They don't train! That is very clear in the first few days.

CONS:

You get paid for (TRAINING)?, You get to figure out if it's worth wasting your time, start looking for other companies to work for, you get to ask yourself if you want to become a slave/robot working along GHOSTS and taking calls from old nice people who are taking advantage of. It is all a scam! There is a reason why the call center is all white, even the chairs. Every day you ask yourself if you are in The Twilight Zone. It's your call, you'll figure it out, NO WORRIES :)
Pros
"We invest a lot in you" "We will work with you"
Cons
"All the ghosts"
Cut Throat and No Empathy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 14, 2018
There were so many times that I was sent home early without pay because not enough customers were calling. It's very annoying and made paying rent, groceries, etc downright impossible to do. They will fire you if you don't show up (no sick time and no PTO ever) and if you're there and throwing up - you get DOCKED points for going home. It was the worst company to ever work for. After I had an ER surgery, they expected me back the next day and told me I would be fired if I didn't show up even with a doctor's note. I ended up leaving because of it
Excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 26, 2018
If my personal life hadn't taken the turns it did, I would definitely still be working at GreatCall. This was easily the best place I ever worked at. Once you got a schedule, it was set. The pay was great, and has gotten better since I left. Management was involved, and cared about the employees.
Pros
Great pay, relaxed work environment
Cons
Lack of advancement options
Mixed feelings about this company
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 23, 2018
The job was great going in, however, I signed up for a customer advising position, thus customer service. Ended up having to do sales pitches on almost every phone call and that I did not sign up for. Very clique like when it came to supervisors and managers, not enough support to help with the calls when there were issues. A good majority of my fellow co-workers were awesome and I really enjoyed working with them. If you don't like keeping up with stats and being constantly watched and graded on your calls (typical call center protocol) I would not advise this job.
Pros
Vacation and sick time was great if you needed it
Cons
Too many out of the ballpark rules that didn't help the employee
prefer not to comment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 17, 2018
I did a variety of things throughout the day in the Direct Sales Department. As you can imagine, sales is a highly stressful environment. My co-workers were amazing.
Nice place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
Good people and interesting projects to work on. Has been a stable company to work for. Offer flexibility in work schedule. CEO is down to earth and friendly.
Fun and organized workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 16, 2018
The employees and supervisors were very helpful and made sure I was comfortable and trained me very well for the job. The food was also very good and it was definitely a fun job overall.
Pros
Food was great.
Cons
Not so much to do on breaks and lunches.
Great experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Excellent place to collaborate and grow. The culture is creative as well, and incorporates a excellent sense of well being for the entire team. Leadership team is very supportive.
Tough Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Very demanding job where quantity was more important than quality. Felt they didn't train well enough for the job, and should have chosen a different department to work in.
Pros
Early Shift
Cons
Micromanaged, not enough training
Nothing is ever good enough
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 7, 2018
Unless you are outperforming everyone else you are not good enough. Agents are forced to work 28 days a month min to earn a good commission. Management is a joke and doesn’t care about their employees, unless you’re the number one agent, the rest are scum. It’s all about numbers for them, not the people behind it. Hourly pay for agents is low for the stress. Yea the prizes are cool, but unless you’re working your weekend, you won’t get one. Little to no room to move up in the company, and all about favorites, even in leadership.
Pros
food, prizes
Cons
Manager, overtime, pay, no personality-all numbers
Fun place to work. Good People.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Working at GreatCall is a really good experience and good for experience. Especially as a Customer Service agent where you are required to wear many different hats. The Company is big on Training but somewhat struggles at keep everyone on the same page and with the same information.
Pros
Company activities, Good people, Competitive pay
Very Team Oriented
Sales and Phone Activation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Overall a good working experience. A lot of benefits that ranged from health to life insurance. There a classes to help the individual as well as the worker for the company
Stressful and high turn over
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 27, 2018
I don’t recommend any one to work for this company they don’t care about there employees they have manadory overtime sometimes for 2 months straight you get burned out fast , no pay raises I worked for them for 3 years without a pay increase when asked for one was told you have to work on your day off 6 days a week I refuse to give my day off up to work for them because I’m not a top producer 😡.And they think by bringing in donuts and pizza to thank us for our work means something it means nothing !!!! Oh and don’t call out on a holiday before or after it’s 2 points 10 points and your gone this company sucks to work for DONT DO IT there are better places to work where they appreciate there employees .
Pros
Cons
The whole company
Poor management/ poor systems
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 24, 2018
Management is clicky and they blame you for any reason possible. They got a new system that had many issues and when you try to show them it’s the agents fault and not the system. They find any possible way of writing you up for anything. Point system for attendance is ridiculous because if you get sick on a holiday you better show up or otherwise in a three day span you have 5 points. You constantly have to worry about your job and if management is watching you. They listen to personal conversations that you are speaking on break or lunch on your own phone.
Pros
Free lunches, great pay, great benefits
Cons
Management, micro management, systems, attendance points, the list goes on
Great Call
Operator Services (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoy working at greatcall, management is sometimes not always willing to go to bat for you but still by far one of the best work environments. There are always events going on, and they really encourage you to be a healthier you which i love.
GreatCall is a company that helps individuals with their cell phones and/or fall devices.
Customer Service Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 11, 2018
As a customer service advisor II, I enjoyed helping people. I followed continued changes in policy. Most of the customers were retired and I had patience with all of the customers.
Pros
Enjoyed the holiday parties.
Cons
GreatCall seemed to have continued change of employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GreatCall. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight