Greater Baltimore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor management = low morale
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2019
Working everyday for 8 hours day completing the workload for more than 2 people.
The days were stressful, non-collaborative, and management did a poor job working with their employees to create a meaningful work environment.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 27, 2019
GBMC is a great place to work, I enjoy working with my co-workers to provide the best care possible for our patients. I am grateful for the privilege giving to me to be part of such institution.
Gbmc
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 29, 2019
This is a not for profit hospital which is well situated in towson. it was my first full time accounting job. i have learnt alot as when i started i had no clue about the accounting software they use all in all i have come a long way.
Pretty good place to start
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2019
Great place, worth the time and effort, nice people, could use a renovation, great cafe, friendly president, nice patients, glad to b apart of an amazing place
The start of my career in the medical field
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 8, 2019
Working at G.B.M.C. was a good experience for me. My knowledge of medical terminology increased along with my work experience. I worked with a team that cared about continuity of life for others. My work experience at the hospital helped me advance my career in the medical field by obtaining a job with an insurance company. I held a position at the insurance company for 17 yrs.
great place to work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2019
i shadowed here as high school student to be able to learn more about the field. it was a great experience to be able to be in the environment of a cardiologist
its an okay place to be and if you're there long enough you become family!!
Retail Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2019
it wasnt a bad place at all to work. like any job everyone has their favorites, but if you come in and do your job you shouldn't have any issues. Stay to yourself and out of the drama, because yes, there always is some, and make friends with management to move up, they'll be able to separate you from the madness and you should be a shoe-in!
Very professional
Patient Service Assistnt (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2019
GBMC gave me a lot of experience in a year, it really taught me how to multitask and also it made me want to better myself and take my career to the next level. Since I have CNA experience as well I feel I know how to do the back and front office of a medical office or any other office.
Productive but short staffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 24, 2018
The work here can be very easy some days and other days you’re working like a wash machine. Overall if you have the perfect triple team, your days will go smooth.
Great Job
Admitting Officer (Unit Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Greater Baltimore Medical Center. I was you and had a young child at the time, so I decided I should take time off while I could to obtain more certifications though the fire department.
Pros
great people
Cons
young
Workplace Culture
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 10, 2018
Great place to work with prolong longevity of staff members. Provided opportunities for growth as well staff interactions. Will highly recommend GBMC to anyone
Nurse, Level 4, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2018
GBMC afforded me a career advancement into management while continuing my clinical skills on the unit. I have been able to attend hospital wide groups and meetings that have been enriching for my career. I have gained management knowledge and I am very thankful for th opportunities that GBMC has given me.
excellent Invasive radiology department
Clinical manager Interventional Radiology (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2018
I worked at this hospital for over 30 years, I grew up at this hospital and have learned many management tool. The management training over the years was very helpful and offers much needed support for management decisions. I worked with great physicians and a strong team of interventional radiologists. The hospital promotes teamwork and works daily on communication. This included morning huddles, weekly leadership meetings and monthly departmental team meetings
Pros
free parking, 4 weeks vacation
Cons
health insurance requires you see their doctors
Great Job
Retail Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 31, 2018
Excellent food, great hours, some great people. GBMC is the best place to be employed they love and value their employees. Just don't apply for nothing that has to do with working in the food area, patient transport, housekeeping, or distribution. They are ran by a contractor by the name of SODEXO and they are very rude, they don't treat you fairly and for them to be management they fail at having good customer service skills.
some workplace politics
Hospital Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 28, 2018
Some Pharmacists did not work well as a team. Too much favoritism among scheduler and some pharmacists. The schedule was not well organized and fair for everybody
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
hectic schedule
Professional and fun workplace
Patient Transporter, GBMC HealthCare (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 27, 2018
Its been 8 years since I work there and I still appreciate the opportunity that was given to me. It was my first job and the experience helped become the employee I am today.
Pros
Teamwork
Great People and A Great Place to Work
Peer Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 10, 2018
Been Working at GBMC for several Months at this point and do not have a bad thing to say about them. Like most people wish I was compensated better but the benefits are excellent.
Great learning experiences
Environmental Services Associate (Day Porter) (Former Employee) –  Towson, MD 21204October 8, 2018
Overall a great place to start working after high school. In my opinion management was a little biased as far as advancement however you learn all the basics you need to be an productive, successful employee.
Pros
Dealing with patients and benefits
Cons
Bias amongst management
love working with the newborns
Newborn Nursery Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
I love working with the newborns and new mommies and being apart of the newborn nursery team. only thing I didn't like was all the people that worked there for years was for each other and helped each other out and if u wasn't in their group then you was all alone by yourself and they was out to get you.
Regular hospital setting
Certified Nursing Assistant , Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 12, 2018
working here was a great learning experience, the people and staff were great. I would go back here to work if the position was still available.Great team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greater Baltimore Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Reviews by Location