Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Long hours, low pay
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 19, 2018
High caseloads, poor management, the schedule is flexible but you have to work long hours to cover the high caseloads. No guidance on how to manage workloads. High pressure on ticket turn in times.
Pros
Flexible schedule, bonus possible
Cons
low pay, high caseloads, no support, poor management
Fun, flexible place to work!
Drug and Alcohol Counselor/Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2018
I recommend GCB to work if you're in college because of the flexibility it gives! Also, there is room for growth their as well! GCB offers college assistance with your Masters if you're their for 1 year as well!
Terrible place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 10, 2018
Overly stressful, management sucks . I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. You are overworked but the pay is decent. Not enough for what you do. ..
Challenging field
Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 25, 2018
The job is very demanding, but allows personal rewards which help to motivate me as a man of integrity. I often felt overwhelmed with the case load I had to carry.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Lots of stress
Do not recommend
member of the GCBH case management team (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 17, 2018
This was not a good job as a case manager you are responsible for multiple people but have no actual way to help them. We just enabled people that had no intention of trying to get better. Much more drug abuse than actual mental illness.
Pros
Cons
Mostly everything
The Agency itself is great to work at. Lots of Great People
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 1, 2018
GCB is a great agency to work for. Everyone you work with is great and encouraging. The Job itself, the work you have to do outside of business hours, and the clients are what make it difficult. It's further stressful that the PTO is there but you have to make up time you take off. It is difficult to balance personal life and work without falling behind.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work computer, work phone if so desired, great people and environment
Cons
Have to make up PTO, Ticket turn in time is strict, productivity requirement can be difficult
Program review
SCHOOL BASE MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 28, 2018
Some programs at GCB are wonderful the program that I am in at this time needs some more support and development from the agency. Overall the company is a very good company to work for, they need to increase they salaries a little more for the work expected. Benefits are okay, need to make sure all clients in all departments are able to receive same perks
Flexible hours
Account Receivable/Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2018
Liked the flex able hour to work four day week, so I could take care of my mother during her sickness. They believe in helping others and stand behind that.
Good Networking but stressful
Behavioral Health Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 19, 2018
I worked here for a little while and I had a big problem with the amount of notes and things to be completed outside of the workplace. Care Managers are loaded down with so many clients that they cannot meet deadlines for paperwork turn in. More stress than is nevessary. Not enough Case Manager support.
No respect
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 30, 2018
Supervisors ignore doing their role tobsuiervise. They have favorited thatvgetcaway with everything. Supervisors do not explain why changes are happening they just tell you to go with the flow. If you question anything in employment area yourctokd tomleave or quit if you do not like it.
Pros
Made a great long term friend with a coworker
Cons
Unfair supervisors
Least valued department
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2018
To begin I resigned, and stayed in good standing at my departure - I was not fired OR even up to be fired.

Could be okay if working in a different department, no consistency in expectations,treated poorly by other departments, high caseloads, potential for advancement if you can stand the abuse. PTO is great. Paperwork heavy. HIGH turn over for a reason.Performance is heavily weighed after the 6 month point, despite what is told to you.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor compensation, high stress, poor department
This was an easy going place to work at
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 11, 2017
This was an easy going place of employment. Nothing special but nothing horrible. I would go back if I was under different management, they are all about money and do not care about their employees.
Good
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2017
It was fine. It was interesting and I enjoyed it very much. It was a great time and the clients were amazing! I liked my boss a lot he was great at what he did.
Pros
nice bosses
Cons
hours
Great place to learn about all things mental health
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 24, 2016
GCB does a wonderful job of integrating a variety of services for those with mental illnesses. They have worked hard to create a safe, non judgmental environment where clients and their families can learn about and participate in treatment, practice skills, and work to reach their individual potential.
Could have been a really great place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 13, 2016
I actually would have really fantastic things to say about this company...if they didn't expect their employees to move mountains to meet even the MINIMUM quota. I think their "quotas" made my clients suffer because I was so focused on the numbers I needed to get rather than what they really needed from me. They really need to lower their quotas or be me lax on it.
They also need to update how they handle paperwork...I took my work home with me every single day and spent at least 2-4 hours on paperwork outside of my normal 8 hour day...my coworkers expressed that they had the same issues. These issues might have been manageable but I was also in graduate school at the time. However, a coworker I know was not in school or working another job, often complained about just wanting to get home to her kids at night without having to take her paperwork with her. NOT NEARLY ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE HOURS. Full time at this company...means probably closer to 55 hours at least...if you want to meet their quotas that is. I worked many late nights and weekends...not forced too, but that was what I had to do to give them what they wanted.
I did have really great times at this job...I was usually in a great mood while at the office and it was a very laid back place to work. I usually enjoyed being there. They had a great policy about team meetings that I thought was helpful and good for the work environment. However, looking back, what stands out is how much stress/anxiety it caused me and how unfair I thought it was. I worked my tail off for a year, and I'm not just saying that...and they
  more... always gave me mediocre reviews at best...cause it is all about the stupid numbers with them...not about how happy, healthy, and satisfied my clients were. I know that this has a lot to do with managed care requirements...but they still could have offered more help to their employees. I loved having a private cubicle, but as I left the company I was told that they would be doing away with private cubicles in order to save money and create more space :/ Not ideal for a health care facility that asks clients about their private information often.  less
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay, performance quotas, lots of overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Reviews by Location