Greater Lawrence Family Health Center Employee Reviews

GLFHC has a highly skilled staff and a very productive environment.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 12, 2018
I enjoyed every moment at this organization; met some very committed and dedicated people. Highly innovative and patient centric. The CEO I worked with was somewhat eccentric; however, he brought out the best in his executives, he trusted and gave them a great deal of autonomy and they were very successful as a team; he also cared a great deal about the employees and the organization.
Pros
People; skilled, dedicated staff.
Cons
Weak head of medical and residency.
Changed for the worst
Management (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJanuary 11, 2018
In the past 2 years GLFHC has unfortunately become a difficult work environment that's not enjoyable. Leadership is out of touch and promotions and salary increases are based on favoritism not performance.
Stressful environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 20, 2017
Very poor management! They do not respect employees (some high ops) and show favoritism to undeserving workers. If they do not favor you, they make you do more work than what you're paid to do. Not only do they not offer good health care, but they also have very poor customer service.
knolowdge
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 27, 2017
Was my first expirience like pharmacy technician. It is very satisfactory take care of the health of other people. i think that the pharmacy technician's job is very sensitive.
Pros
long brakes
Cons
not beneffits
Very nice and professional place to work
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAOctober 11, 2017
GLFHC is a very nice and professional place to work. The mission of the GLFHC is to help the people who cant afford to take care of their health and we do the best to reach the goal. I feel very proud to work for the GLFHC.
Professional dedicated team-player on a mission to improve the quality of healthcare in the community
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 27, 2017
A wonderful diverse population of residency students, doctors, faculty and staff members working together in a fast-pace clinic to provide and improve the best of healthcare to community patients. Being able to work in one of the busiest sites in the company out of four sites gives me confidence to achieve a daily mission to work productively as a team, multi-task, accomplish my day to day routine tasks and learn about different clinical environments, medical/administrative work and patient interaction. Working in this clinic is a challenge where I see medical emergencies happening on the spot, assisting multiple doctors at once and most of all providing safety for our patients. I enjoy interacting with patients, residency students and doctors, especially helping them with any request such as a procedure set up, appointment booking, referrals and much more.
Pros
positive environment to gain experience
Cons
low pay rate for job responsibilities/description
Too fast paced, no dedicated time for patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 25, 2017
We would see up to 30 patients in a day.
Appointment slots are 15minutes.

I worked here, I use to be a patient and transferred to an outside office.
stressfull
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MASeptember 7, 2017
my day would be logging on the phones answering calls from patient. To make appointment and reschedule. check labs order or referal or office note or call from doctors.
Internship
Medical Billing Coder, Internship (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAAugust 30, 2017
I did my internship here. I loved the culture and the people I worked with while I was there. This was a 4 week internship for my program.
If they were hiring, I would have stayed given the opportunity. However they were not hiring at the time when I was there.
Pros
many... much to be learned.
Cons
I was misinformed by the school that they were in a hiring mode for a biller.
Great place to start your career as a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Greater Lawrence. The environment was all about team work. I never felt alone when a difficult situation arose. You learn a lot about your patients and how to help them.

Want to know more about Greater Lawrence Family Health Center?

Ask a question
Work Culture
HR Employment Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 17, 2017
This was a great opportunity to work with the community provide employment and be part of a new generation of family practice doctors. It is a non-profit so the pay is not that great but it was a great place to work.
Currently not a good place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAAugust 4, 2017
Poor Management decisions, preferential treatment to some staff while others are not treated well, extremely stressful, low salaries even for non-profit
A very important work experience in my life as Scanning Clerk
SCANNING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 2, 2017
I loved working for this great family GLFHC gave me the opportunity to work with them 1999 without hardly knowing the English language. I learned a lot and was given the opportunity to take trainning from other areas
Pros
The dining area is very cozy
Cons
Marginal benefits are excellent
Fun place to work at. Excellent team work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 20, 2017
I love my job and the fact that we can make a difference in the lives of people in our community. My work place is second home and where I spenfd a lot of time in. Glad for my coworkers they rock.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Great organization doing meaningful, innovative work and a great place to work!
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 20, 2017
GLFHC is an organization that focuses on the patient as opposed to the bottom line. For employees, the benefits are really good (especially paid time off) and there is flexibility and an emphasis on work-life balance. The people who work here are caring, hard-working, and passionate.
Pros
Benefits, company values/mission, work-life balance
Cons
Dental insurance plan
Wonderful Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 20, 2017
Enjoyed my time at GLFHC. It is a rewarding, demanding, and busy place to work at. Love the staff. Everyone truly care for patients and want to help. The staff for the most part gets along and help one another, when they are not in competition.
Exceptional Commitment to the Community
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 14, 2017
This is a company that does an outstanding job of providing unbiased, holistic health management to an underserved population in the surrounding Merrimack Valley area. Mostly serving people of Dominican Republic and Puerto Rican origin, the staff here works well in helping each patient get connected with what they need, whether it is applying for disability, getting approved for insurance, or just being seen for a routine check-up. For a non-profit, it also does a great job at maneuvering the tricky health system and staying profitable for the betterment of the clinic, community, and employees.
Pros
Positive work environment, get to serve an appreciate population
Cons
Not as competitive pay as other Boston-based Health Centers
Disorganized, poor communication
Part-time 24 hrs/wk (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 25, 2017
Not supportive of registered nurses, senior management inaccessible, inexperienced staff assigned management positions
Pros
schedule
Cons
inexperienced, unprofessional middle management, inaccessable
Great professional environment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJanuary 13, 2017
My typical day consisted in updating large numbers of customer contact and prescription information. Under Christine Habeeb I learned how to create journal entries and other accounting information. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the professional environment
Gained a lot of experience
Transcription Clerk, Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 11, 2016
Greater Lawrence Family Health Center was a great place to start my professional career. Working with such high level staff and sensitive information was extremely educational and I value everything that I learned from that experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greater Lawrence Family Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Greater Lawrence Family Health Center Reviews by Location