Greektown Casino-Hotel Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very nice stuff areas.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 10, 2018
Overall, staff was cool. Hours and pay was good for me, being a first time mom. The benefits for working here, was very good. Denial, health care, and gym fitness memberships, life insurance for the whole family.
Experience something that'll change your life. For the better long as you apply the tools that they give you too better yourself as an individual.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Detroit MichiganMarch 22, 2018
Stay focused.
Take the job serious.
Use it as a stepping stone to better yourself and your family.
And just remember everyday is not going to be easy. What if you are a true professional and whatever position that you hold. Just remember is all entertainment and you should never come to work with the problems of home on your mind.
Pros
It's a learning experience. And it is a stepping stone to Greatness
Cons
There are no true cons of working for a corporation such as Greektown Casino
Cook 2 (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 20, 2018
Love the place love the employees been working there since I was 19 love cooking good management I love the benefits they offer I would recommend Greektown to friends
Pros
Free lunch good bread
Interesting an worked with alot of people it was fyn
Busser (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 28, 2018
Work was was fast pace alot of people be there the food was good its a busy place did alot of cleaning and i enjoyed working with my crew we was respectful i kept a smile on my face treated people with kindness
Pros
I bring my own lunch
Cons
30 minute breaks and good health care
good place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 24, 2018
Good place to work. Lots of good employees the management listens to your concerns and help out with what they can help with. If they cant help they will find someone to help you with your issues.
Greektown Casino is a great & Productive place to work for!
Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 20, 2018
Greektown Casino is a very productive & fun place to work at. I am in customer service line /server. The reason that I want to leave is that I am making the transition to learn something different that has more of a purpose as much as I love my job I am willing to give it up because I know it's something better out there for me. I am eager to learn different things and if I don't understand it I would ask or try to get some type of comprehension into it. I am bright & enthusiastic individual, who is trying to learn all business
skills!
I loved working for greektown
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2017
The atmosphere is amazing the staff amazing one of the best jobs I've had in years. Management cares about its employees. It's a fun upbeat environment. Something fun is always happening always a reason to smile an enjoy what you do.
Former employee
Change Attendant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Greektown. I wish I was still there. When I started in 2000 we all were like family. To this day I am still in contact with others since then. It was a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Smoke
Stressful
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2017
Been working here for 9 years and it is currently at its work management wise. My particular dept. Has had 6 different managers since the hotel opened. The current manager is messy, divisive, and plain mean. They speak poorly of team-members to OTHER team-members and rewards people who dont deserve it. Hard work goes unnoticed if you are not a favorite. Its constant gossip and most of it instigated by management. If you go to them and speak to them personally be prepared for everyone to know your business a few days later. The messiest place ever. The manager gives you dirty looks if she doesent like you. And will not greet you if you greet them. Just poor leadership all around the board.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
You read it
Greektown Casino - Hotel Experience
Office Coordinator/Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 22, 2017
A great experience and fun place to work. Worked for several executives over the course of 15 years. Learned something new and exciting from each of them them.. Often on the fore front in interaction and working closely with all departments within the casino and hotel, including the Michigan Gaming Control Board, Michigan State Police, Detroit Police Department and FBI. The experience of working, collaborating and executing our expectations with outside vendors was invaluable.
Pros
Varitity of entry level and experienced positions and opportunities
Cons
Nothing that could not be contributed to the normal day to day working with employees and guests.
great place to work.
PARKING OPS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work. Great environment. love the culture of the area and what it brings. Team members and guest are very friendly. great healthcare benefits. Paid days off once you have earned them.
It's a avenger...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2017
Just like any other company it has it problems. You meet a lot of different people. Everyday is a new day. This company has been through a lot of changes.
great palce to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2017
very diverse and a enjoyable place to work. friendly people and coworkers. the benefits are great. they provide different things that may fit your needs.
Work environment that feels like home
Leave of Absence and Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 31, 2017
Greektown Casino Hotel is one of three casinos here in Detroit, Michigan. The majority of the team members who work for the company have been there over 10 years. The benefit package and pay is competitive and the leadership team is evolving into a cross functional, innovative and progressive group. Greektown's culture is laid back, business casual and a "welcome home" atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Needs a diversity and sensitivity program
Primary employer
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 29, 2017
Greektown casino has been an experience a lesson a way of life for the past seven years. I enjoy working for Greektown casino and don't have any reasons to leave they fulfill most of my needs.
Pros
Free parking provided uniform an hour paid lunch a Free meal
Cons
Downtown traffic
great place for employment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 12, 2017
I enjoy working for Greektown. It is filled with other Great team members. It is accommodating with request that I need for any reason, It is convenient with my commute to work
Great Environment
Food & Beverage Barback (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 12, 2017
Great staff family oriented. this place could bring life to anyone who was down just by the smiles and staff and management. There was always a good experience to take away from each day
Pros
Union
Cons
Little flexibility
Fun atmosphere
EVS Janitor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 31, 2017
Managers and supervisors are easy to talk to and will work with you to resolve your issues. The atmosphere is fun and busy. Team members are helpful.
Pros
Free food, team member lounge, friendly co-workers
Cons
walking and standing
Very friendly, high volume restaurant with a positive environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 30, 2017
The restaurant that I currently work in is a high volume, fast paced restaurant that seats up to 550 people. The company looks for workers who are energetic, friendly and able to work at a fast pace. They also look for individuals who have good teamwork and are also strong as an individual.
Enjoy the free lunch
Auditor/Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 3, 2017
I like the diversity in the people and enjoying seeing a lot of people in the casino. Work load is extremely busy, which I don't mind because the time goes by fast.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Pay is not enough