Green Circle Growers Employee Reviews

Stessful job
Floater (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Working at green circle growers is no joke. Some people are cooperative with you while others expect you to work like a machine. It is a very stressful job depending on what or where you work in a specific plant.
Only out for money period.
Assistant Grower (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHAugust 29, 2018
I have an associates degree in greenhouse management but I was assigned to "grower helper" for $9/hr. Two women there have bachelor's in biology which has little to do with understanding plant care, these women were quickly appointed to section grower. I was treated as if I went to special school after a year I quit, no raise, no promotions.
Not a good place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHAugust 8, 2018
They over work you and your underpaid the bosses are lazy and they are no help what's so ever regular days are simple but they are all demanding people so I didn't get along with them
Tough but Fun
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJuly 20, 2018
Inside the Green house is gonna be hot no matter which area your at in the house. I learned a lot of life lessons there from the people there and there a great group of coworkers.
Pros
The People
Cons
Pay
Energetic
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJuly 2, 2018
given different types of jobs to do such as bagging, potting and organizing shipments. Everyone is friendly and willing to help and teach you. the hardest part for many people would be standing for long periods of time a day. but the best is to be surrounded by so many beautiful flowers
Diversity
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJune 13, 2018
Multi culture fast past excessive amount of hours long weeks. If you can learn by watching others it’s easy to adapt. If you need someone to explain and show you what to do most of the leads do not speak well enough English to train new workers.
Pros
Great place to build technique
Cons
Language barrier
Productive not fun and very distracting
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJune 11, 2018
I have never work for a company that is all about certain people they have other chill and relax while other work hard you will have to make sure you bring water or something they will barley if not give you water the short breaks and long consecutive hours pf work
Great place to work. Very productive
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHApril 17, 2018
Good and honest place to work. Long hours but great training. Very good supervision and advice.Also somewhat good mechanical system, meaning the Wellons high pressure wood burning boiler. Only problem was that it had the wrong grate system.I had to manually clean the grates every day.
Pros
Good shifts excellent boiler control system.
Cons
Bad grate system
agricultural labor
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHMarch 6, 2018
If you don't have a strong back you won't like working there. It's agricultural labor. That's all i know. So i liked going to work everyday. I just didn't like the people i was surrounded by.
Pros
40 minute lunch
Cons
moralless coworkers
Very Busy
Greenhouse Laborer, Agricultural Eqpt Operators (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJanuary 29, 2018
Standing and walk 8+ hours, bend and squat, lifting up to 20 pounds, push/pull loaded plant carts weighing up to 200 pounds. Duties may include planting plants on a moving line, put pots/plants on a moving line, set down pots/flats onto floor or tables, pick up and space pots/flats, hang hanging baskets using ladders, pinch plants, pick plants to ship, box plants to ship and may drive electric carts.
Pros
Great hours
Productive and high paced. Learned a great deal.
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 18, 2017
Green Circle Growers is a great place to work. You will always stay productive, learn different merchandising capabilities, learn people skills and etc. It is a great company to work for.
Decent Work/Decent Pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJune 29, 2017
Supervisors did not treat the workers well, Aggressive Environment, Although my immediate peers treated me well. All in all this was an area that could do for improvement in many areas.
Pros
Flowers smell nice
Cons
Management was dismissive at best
Ambiente de trabajo divertido y relajado
Produccion (Former Employee) –  LiniasMarch 29, 2017
Buen trabajo áreas buenas de trabajo personal adecuado para cada una de las linias muy entretenido y lo mejor que se trabaja mucho
If you are a power house of energy and willing to dig your heals in and stick to it? Then this place is job security because a lot of people cannot.
Orchid Technician (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHFebruary 26, 2017
Every day might be different. I learned to deal with many different personalities. Be respectful to management. The Culture can be summarized as "we are in this together". I imagine this is true anywhere that people are working together. The hardest part about the job is some of the work you do makes you repeat the same motions for 10-13 hours. The most enjoyable part about this job is that you can learn a lot about industrial greenhouse labor and automation.
Pros
health care is good in my opinion
Cons
long hours of difficult work makes it hard to get things done outside of work.
Green Cicle Growers
Assistant/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Provide goods to customers such as clothing, general merchandise, grocery or other goods ready for purchase at retail stores. Supervise all employees when manager is away. Schedule and cover breaks and lunches for employees during their shift. Meet and greet customers. Answer customer inquiries. Answer phones. Stock and check out customers upon leaving. Responsible for deposit and safe. General clerical duties.
It's a job
Semi driver (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJanuary 7, 2017
The shipping personnel are very unprofessional. They do not value their drivers. Dispatcher and current load scheduler do not communicate with drivers to see if we can legally take a load. Pay per mile is way under trucking standards. Trailers are equipped with lift gates that many do not work. Tractors are new from Penske. Not the best but new. I could go on and on. Home time is great. Long runs only gone a couple days.
A farce
Assistant Grower (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHDecember 20, 2016
GCG gives the air of professionalism but it is a ruse. The major issue is terrible management and the debilitating culture it creates. Never have I felt like I mattered less then I do here.
Pros
Hard to get fired, everyother weekend off
Cons
Terrible management, awful people culture, hostile work environment
Overall Good Place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHOctober 22, 2016
it is physical work and long hours but most people are pretty cool.The pay isn't great but better than most. Speaking Spanish is a plus to work here. Lots of bending stooping and time on your knees.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
few English speakerfs
challenging job
Shipping and Receiving / Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHSeptember 28, 2016
every day I must check all equipment, then do anything requested by any office staff and my countless bosses. while also receiving and delivering all fedex and UPS packages for the whole company. I unload receive and label all the plastic used, while keeping inventory and distributing to 4 different plants to keep all production running smoothly. I am in charge of 1-3 towmotor drivers and deligate they're daily duties /
last resort job
Robotics Technician/ production technician & lead (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHSeptember 15, 2016
you never know what to expect from day to day. Very unfair with the duties delegated to certain employees. I had harder and lower grade jobs frequently as a robotics tech than some newer entry-level laborers. I left because they have totally taken advantage of my loyalty and hard work to the point of exhaustion with no compensation.