Green Circle Growers Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Very productive
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHApril 17, 2018
Good and honest place to work. Long hours but great training. Very good supervision and advice.Also somewhat good mechanical system, meaning the Wellons high pressure wood burning boiler. Only problem was that it had the wrong grate system.I had to manually clean the grates every day.
Pros
Good shifts excellent boiler control system.
Cons
Bad grate system
Very Busy
Greenhouse Laborer, Agricultural Eqpt Operators (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJanuary 29, 2018
Standing and walk 8+ hours, bend and squat, lifting up to 20 pounds, push/pull loaded plant carts weighing up to 200 pounds. Duties may include planting plants on a moving line, put pots/plants on a moving line, set down pots/flats onto floor or tables, pick up and space pots/flats, hang hanging baskets using ladders, pinch plants, pick plants to ship, box plants to ship and may drive electric carts.
Pros
Great hours
Productive and high paced. Learned a great deal.
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 18, 2017
Green Circle Growers is a great place to work. You will always stay productive, learn different merchandising capabilities, learn people skills and etc. It is a great company to work for.
Decent Work/Decent Pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJune 29, 2017
Supervisors did not treat the workers well, Aggressive Environment, Although my immediate peers treated me well. All in all this was an area that could do for improvement in many areas.
Pros
Flowers smell nice
Cons
Management was dismissive at best
Ambiente de trabajo divertido y relajado
Produccion (Former Employee) –  LiniasMarch 29, 2017
Buen trabajo áreas buenas de trabajo personal adecuado para cada una de las linias muy entretenido y lo mejor que se trabaja mucho
If you are a power house of energy and willing to dig your heals in and stick to it? Then this place is job security because a lot of people cannot.
Orchid Technician (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHFebruary 26, 2017
Every day might be different. I learned to deal with many different personalities. Be respectful to management. The Culture can be summarized as "we are in this together". I imagine this is true anywhere that people are working together. The hardest part about the job is some of the work you do makes you repeat the same motions for 10-13 hours. The most enjoyable part about this job is that you can learn a lot about industrial greenhouse labor and automation.
Pros
health care is good in my opinion
Cons
long hours of difficult work makes it hard to get things done outside of work.
Green Cicle Growers
Assistant/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Provide goods to customers such as clothing, general merchandise, grocery or other goods ready for purchase at retail stores. Supervise all employees when manager is away. Schedule and cover breaks and lunches for employees during their shift. Meet and greet customers. Answer customer inquiries. Answer phones. Stock and check out customers upon leaving. Responsible for deposit and safe. General clerical duties.
It's a job
Semi driver (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJanuary 7, 2017
The shipping personnel are very unprofessional. They do not value their drivers. Dispatcher and current load scheduler do not communicate with drivers to see if we can legally take a load. Pay per mile is way under trucking standards. Trailers are equipped with lift gates that many do not work. Tractors are new from Penske. Not the best but new. I could go on and on. Home time is great. Long runs only gone a couple days.
A farce
Assistant Grower (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHDecember 20, 2016
GCG gives the air of professionalism but it is a ruse. The major issue is terrible management and the debilitating culture it creates. Never have I felt like I mattered less then I do here.
Pros
Hard to get fired, everyother weekend off
Cons
Terrible management, awful people culture, hostile work environment
Overall Good Place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHOctober 22, 2016
it is physical work and long hours but most people are pretty cool.The pay isn't great but better than most. Speaking Spanish is a plus to work here. Lots of bending stooping and time on your knees.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
few English speakerfs
challenging job
Shipping and Receiving / Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHSeptember 28, 2016
every day I must check all equipment, then do anything requested by any office staff and my countless bosses. while also receiving and delivering all fedex and UPS packages for the whole company. I unload receive and label all the plastic used, while keeping inventory and distributing to 4 different plants to keep all production running smoothly. I am in charge of 1-3 towmotor drivers and deligate they're daily duties /
last resort job
Robotics Technician/ production technician & lead (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHSeptember 15, 2016
you never know what to expect from day to day. Very unfair with the duties delegated to certain employees. I had harder and lower grade jobs frequently as a robotics tech than some newer entry-level laborers. I left because they have totally taken advantage of my loyalty and hard work to the point of exhaustion with no compensation.
Production Workplace
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 14, 2016
Nice place to work.. The personnel there are so friendly and give all time to train people.. I had to leave my job there because I moved to another state... ...
Pros
A lot of over time
Cons
Nothing for lunch near there
long hours during busy holidays
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHMay 7, 2016
long hours during busy holidays
short notice for working overtime
steady work with no layoffs
discounts on flowers
pull flower orders and deliver to production line
Pros
steady work with no layoffs
Cons
short notice for working overtime
Never again!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHMay 6, 2016
It was too much labor for the amount being payed. In my own personal opinion it was not worth working there. Some people were nice but the experience there was horrible.
Good Job!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2016
If you're looking for part time seasonal work this is a good job with a great company. Hours are flexible and you work mostly outside with plants. Supervisors were knowledgeable and trained you well.
I would recommend this job if you're looking to work a seasonal part time/full time job.
Long shifts, but great pay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHDecember 27, 2015
Worked hard and long shifts, mine was 7:30pm-6:00am weekdays only. I didnt relly learn anything besides better sleep schedules and to drink alot of coffee. The work is extremely easy but repetitive so after a while it gets boring and you get sleepy. Lunch was only 25 minutes and only got two other breaks (a 10 minute, and 5 minute) but by the time you got up front it was time to go back. The pay however was great (started off at 9.50 an hour) was bringing home anywhere between 400-500 a week.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, repetitive
loved the orchard range
lineworker (Former Employee) –  Kipton, OHMay 14, 2015
fast paced got the chance to help improve/build it was alot better than any other department I have ever experienced, it gave me the opportunity to work a little later on the shipping and recieving.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
worked with some slobs
fast moving and always busy.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHMay 13, 2015
first off roll call to where you are placed with a group of co workers and a leader. being sent to a destination of where we prepare a task to do the job that is ordered. i learned to massively multitask quickly. plant manager is reasonable and a great boss. hardest part is the not knowing when getting off work. makes it hard with my family. family is very important to me and my son. i also don't speak spanish so it makes it a little difficult to understand other coworkers.
Pros
a lot of walking led to me losing weight.
Cons
bathrooms and many people don't speak english.
Good job but only seasonal
Greenhouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Fast paced some hard work long hours never knowing when going home there were no set hours you wre there till the job was done.