Green City Force Employee Reviews

Propelling Experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2019
Green City Force, GCF, was a good experience. It can open many doors of opportunity. It can also help develop your communication skills and your professionalism throughout the program.
Productive, Fun, Sustainability
Brooklyn (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2019
I loved being here, the leaders, supervisors, and director will make you feel welcome and like family! Taught me about farming, dont focus on the b.s.
green city force
Urban Farm Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2018
I've learned so much from green city force like how to engage with my community whats going on in my neighborhood. Green city force has taught me life skills like professional development and also how to be a better me.
strict work environmen
Americorps Urban Farm Corps Member/Farm Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 8, 2018
a typical day consists of team building exercises gained experience in urban gardening and agriculture, community engagement, composting, interpersonal skills, helps mold punctuality skills and market your brand
Good productive work place
Health Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 20, 2018
Green City Force is a good working company only if you don't mind getting dirty. Its good pay, breaks are kind of short but the working hours per day isn't so long.
Pros
Good pay, intern
Cons
No free lunch, short breaks
help teen who live poor community
Clean Energy Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 8, 2018
green city force teach us to become leader and talk to different resident i took a experience of customer service outreach .its all about help poor community teach the resident how to recycle
Alot to learn from
Energy Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Eco-Friendly job that also requires for you to take classes called GCA or Green City Academy in which you learn as much as you can about going green, saving energy. Management is awesome and very professional and they have alot of connections. Workplace is great and they know have fun while both working and learning.
Pros
Eco-Friendly
Cons
N/a
Nice environment
Farm Facilitator, AmeriCorps Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2018
It was good nice people nice environment every body working there was respectful and well mannered the manager work wit you on schedule picking and very caring about people timing
Pros
Lunches days of timing
Cons
what i learned how to save money
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
I learned how to help people save money by reducing heating, water, and lighting usage but also got them to replace their incandescent lightbulbs to LED lightbulbs.
Great place to work at
Clean Energy Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 4, 2017
Working at this job I was able to obtain the skills I needed to preform my duties. However, the job its self didn't have benefits or paid sick and vacation days. Incredible staff to work with.
Pros
Great staff to work with
Cons
Not a carreer
great learning experience
Energy Conservation Advocate (AmeriCorps) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 11, 2017
we are assigned to a different part of the city we dont know about to learn bond and help people in the nycha community about energy conservation and how to maintain a low carbon foot print
Very different kind of knowledge
clean energy corp member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day of work consisted of going to the food bank to box up hundreds of pounds of food, clothing, and hygiene products. I learned that its important to get involed the more people the more pounds of foods we can get shipped off
Cons
Travel all around the bouroghs
Hardwork and dedication to a work place.
Alumni Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2017
A typical day starts out slow, but as it goes on, the day get stronger. I learn how to teach people about saving money and energy. Gcf manage to take care of business. The workplace culture is a bit difficult but we do our best to be safe in our environment. The hardest part of the job was talking to people who did not know what the program was about. The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun and work together as a team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Being late
Gcf
Green Energy Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2017
The job culture is great everything about the job would be great if it wasn't so unorganized. Take it this way: they'll tell you to be on a job site by a particular time but you won't start working til 2-3 hours later due to supervisors not being on time, lacking required permits to work, and or the materials you need are simply not there.While all this is going on you"ll either waiting in a too small space or outside (in the rain) but you will be happily chastised if your 10-20 minutes late regardless of excuse. Good luck if you decide to join.
good people who work here you can really grow
Volunteer Coordinator/Farmer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11206June 11, 2017
as a person and work wise you grow and prosper learning while you work its a non profit program stationed in New York City to help youth get the work experience employers want young people to have.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard labor, drama
Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2017
Great organization wish I could stay, however I need more money. Very diverse group of individuals coming together for a common cause. Would definitely refer a friend.
AmriCorp Member
Clean Energy Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 1, 2017
The main goal working for Green city Force was to educate the masses on energy conservation. I enjoyed my time with green city because it was the most noble position I held. I like the fact that the work we done had a great purpose.
Productive and fun place to be
Surveyor & Resident Helper (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Its a great non profit organization that helps people better themselves and having great opportunities for people to better their career. They help you get job ready as far as fixing your resumes and interview training
working in NYCHA
EmPowerNY Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2017
going from apartment building to apartment approaching the energy efficient free program for all residents, and the benefits of the program.
very fulfilling work that helps people in public housing developments
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
we conduct energy audits with people in public housing we talk to them and educate them on how to save energy and were usually split up into groups of four
Pros
very easy work advancement within the company
Cons
short breaks dealing with the people who work there