Green Dot Public Schools Employee Reviews for Teacher

3.3Job Security & Advancement
Stressful and detrimental to youth
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2019
A typical day consists of me coming in, not knowing what is going despite reading the emails. Instructional leads and/or curriculum specialist offer no guidance but yet you can get put on a "plan"...you improve or lose your job. They also lacked the credentials and experience to come into your classroom and tell you anything. Also the students were extremely disrespectful, with no consequences. Adults were held more accountable for student behavior.The system is basically set up for them to work a dead end job, go to jail or death. Being that I am very passionate about what I do it disturbed me to be a part of the problem so therefore I had to leave. The few students and adults who actually cared were drained of all of their energy from the poor school culture. Admin isn't any better, the experienced admins left mid year or worked a year or two and left. And lastly there is plenty of unnecessary paperwork. I would recommend Green Dot only for the insurance benefits.
Productive Environment
Chemistry Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
Hard work due to student population but rewarding

A typical day was fast paced in-order to keep the environment with students safe.

Great Assistant Principal for my mentor.
Pros
Great Mentors for incoming teachers
Cons
They do not count teaching years before your credential for salary rting.
Green Dot overworks the teachers and the union is very soft.
teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2013
If you are single this is a good place to start working, but it is very unfriendly to families. The union cannot support you the way a public school union can.
Pros
good wages good teachers
Cons
terrible teaching contract and bad work conditions-mice/rats/roaches in classrooms, lights and phones not fixed for months on end.