Green Energy Biofuel

Working at Green Energy Biofuel: 18 Reviews

United States18 reviews

Energetic and great co-workers, peers and support

Since starting at Green EnergyBiofuel I have enjoyed the work and learned a lot, and plan to keep learning from my associates and peers. Great support from upper management. Awesome team work. Human resources is there for you any time you have questionsor need help. Glad to be apart of the team here at Green Energy Biofuel.

Pros

Honesty and great associate with knowledge

Cons

None so far

Good family place to work

From my start at Green Energy until now, I have learned so much about an industry I never knew existed until I started. Every day is enjoyable, and sometimes stressful, but I would not change it.

Pros

Great group of guys

Cons

Smelly, greasy work

Green Energy Biofuel insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Challenging and high paced work place with small town family feel

Every day presents new challanges and a chance to learn something new in a field that is important to the environment . Theres never a dull moment and daily task change enough to keep me engaged and on my toes .

Pros

Layed back feel

Cons

the long drive to and from work

Productive and family oriented company with room for advancement.

A typical day at work for me would be handling all customer calls and office responsibilities. The owners are supportive and encourage growth and advancement. They want to hear your input! Management is fun and supportive. They push you to better yourself and also motivate you. The work environment is laid back and not micro managed. The hardest part of the job for me, are rare days that get super busy and plans change on short notice. But this is rare and happens with most companies.The most enjoyable part of my job is working with an excellent team that feel like family and being part of a company that cares about the pursuit of global environmental sustainability.

Flexible work schedule

I come in an do my route. Then I’m pretty much off after that. It’s a dirty smelly job. I feel the pay could be better for well experienced drivers.

Productive and fun workplace.

Teamwork, fun environment, a great place to work, and get support with tasks when needed. Being able to help employees with any questions. I enjoy coming to work everyday.

currently i go to work around 7 or 8 am and a 40 hour week,

currently , some overtime but not to much about 5 to 10 hours a week,usually Chaotic, Always adding own a run or taken away a run on a daily basis,greasy business

Pros

home everyday, paid by the hour, overall good people to work for

Cons

very dirty nasty greasy job, smells bad, but its the nature of this business

Good coworkers

I haven't worked in over a month. I was told that it was a part-time position for a few months, until they get back contracts from another company to haul from ! Part-time to me is 28-32 hours a week ! It started out good and then it all changed, with not having enough work to not working at all !! Management has not given me any reason or a call about work ! Good pay, but not professional enough when it comes to driver's.

Pros

Good schedule and pay

Cons

Won't be straight with you about work

Hard work, relaxed environment

The work environment is extremely friendly and relaxed compared to other places I've worked. The work can be labor intensive. Lots of hose dragging and carrying five-gallon buckets, climbing, valve turning and occasionally you might find yourself moving a heavy pump from one location to another or shoveling or vacuuming up a lot of grease. Don't recommend for someone who isn't in good physical shape but for those who are theres plenty of room for good raises and opportunity to grow. Probably the best part is theres a great deal of plant operations experience available in one location. You will get greasy and stinky though, no question.

Pros

Relaxed, wealth of operations knowledge to learn

Cons

Physical, dirty/greasy

Green Energy

Typical day at work is very greasy and busy. Learned how to run a production plant. hardest part of the job is the winter time. best part of the job is the environment and family oriented and also easily to advance if shown capable and loyalty.

decent company to work for

This is a family owned company. Job allows you to be home at night. Co-workers are easy to be around. Job can be messy and stinky because we work with old cooking oil and grease. Once you get used to it, you are fine.

Short but sweet.

Green Energy Biofuels is a relatively small used cooking oil recycling company. It is run by a husband and wife team that seem to care about their employees, and their company’s reputation. I have only been working with this company for about two months, but in the short time I have been with GEB I have learned a lot about the day to day functions of the business. From oil collection to cleaning customer bins, and surrounding area, and finally processing the oil. They are receptive to suggestions and give constructive criticism, without being insulting. It has been refreshing to work with people who care about what they are doing and try to help their employees.

Work

Pulling hoses, turning valves. I have learned alot since working here. Management is average.The hardest part is opening doors. The best part is once you know you know.

Typical day on the job is driving the collection truck to locations on a route to collect oil. The sooner you start the fast and easier your day is. The hardest part is getting up, but you get used to it and learn to go to bed earlier to get your 8 hours of sleep in. The culture here is great. I have the coolest bosses in the world, and your input is actually taken into account all the way up the ladder.

Great company

I started with Green Energy Biofuel as a part time employee . I'am now in management and run the Tennessee plant.This is a great company to work for..

GEB Family Environment

Green Energy Biofuel definitely has a family atmosphere to it. A small but going company, there is a great connection between staff and management. This creates and enjoyable and positive work atmosphere.

Do you have it in you?

A work culture of getting things done and yet having work/life balance. Rapidly expanding, fast paced work environment. Small family owned company.

Challenge accepted!

Over the years, I had a chance to work in several different companies in different countries, and I have to say that Green Energy Biofuel is the most challenging place. Every week brings a new task, which helps me grow as an individual and develop my professional skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Green Energy Biofuel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits