Green Mountain Electric Supply Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Pretty good place to work
counter sales/ warehouse backup (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHMay 25, 2018
Good atmosphere, can be stressful at times. All holidays observed, employee discount, good benefits, good culture, training is a little undirected, overall not a bad place to work
Pros
all holidays observed and paid, employee discount
Cons
some overtime, can be extremely stressful at times
Great place to work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTFebruary 24, 2018
It is overall a great place to work. My boss was very helpful and understanding. He gave me days off when I needed them. I once called in on the day I was working to let him know I wouldn't be able to make it and said it was okay.
nepotistic and poorly run
Wire department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTFebruary 12, 2018
As a former supervisor I can say confidently that this business is unsafe (for a variety of reasons, some that Indeed specifically forbids me from mentioning) and a poor choice unless you're desperate. When I got hurt here they didn't even bother submitting an accident report and stuck me with several hundred dollars worth of medical bills. It's rife with silly internal politics and reliant on high- turnover of employees to keep the pay low.
Pros
A few good and reliable employees.
Cons
Most everything else.
a good time
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTSeptember 22, 2017
using an rf scanner to receive in new product, verify quantities and any damage associated by trucking company
I learned the know hows of basic warehouse knowledge
Pros
laid back work environment
Cons
its hot in the summer and cold in the winter
Nepotism
Outside & Consultative Sales (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHAugust 11, 2017
Since this company is a family owned and operated business, nepotism is a clear problem. I had a very non-supportive boss. I loved the work and the customers.
Pros
Good work and pay
Cons
poor boss
Great Company, very open minded
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTJuly 6, 2017
I walked into the company knowing little of electrical. The management was very positive and proactive towards my education of the industry. My co-works were very helpful as well. Even though the company has many branches everyone worked together as a team to better each other not just GMES. This is a career that is always evolving both the industry and the company. Lots of room for growth if you are looking at the big picture. Great benefits. They take care of their employees because GMES does not want employees leaving. Keep an eye for job openings here. They will promote within if you are willing to work. Highly recommended.
Pros
Flexible vacation. great health benefits & 401K
no room to grow
SALES / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  St. Albans, VTJune 30, 2017
I was not happy with ths place, no room for growth, was a family business, and family grew with the company not the employees. no room for growth, very private place
Pros
I learned about lighting and met some great people
Cons
no growth
Good luck
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTMay 18, 2017
High turnover, lack of support, if you have an accident its your fault.
Management writes you up for mistakes. Night shift gets stoned often. A good job to learn the basic for warehouse work.
Pros
Many great people to work with
Cons
A family business, so watch out for yourself
Good work environment, fun staff.
stock shelves and back-up delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTNovember 1, 2016
Friendly and knowledgeable staff.I enjoyed working in both the receiving department and driving for deliveries. Supervisors and managers are helpful and made learning and working easy and fun.
Pros
2 paid 15 minute breaks
Awesome
Driver/Warehouse/Reciever (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYAugust 15, 2016
Very good job, well worth joking the United States Army weather it is active duty or army national guard. You still wear the same uniform. It's fun in my opinion.