Green Mountain Treatment Center Employee Reviews in Effingham, NH

Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Effingham, NHJune 1, 2019
Loved my job, coworkers and the clients! Relocated out of state, so I had to resign. I would recommend this company to any nurse who is interested in working in the the field of addiction treatment.
Great place to work!!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Effingham, NHNovember 25, 2018
Love it at GMTC, relocating so am unable to stay. Being able to watch clients gain the tools needed to overcome addiction is an amazing thing. The CEO is hands on, in the trenches and an amazing guy.
Gmtc
Direct Care (Former Employee) –  Effingham NHAugust 15, 2018
New company that is still working the kinks out, had an awful CEO that has since been let go. Hoping it has gotten better. Mostly direct care jobs available with the pay not being very high for such a remote area.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Effingham, NHApril 16, 2018
I would recommend GMTC to anyone who is interested in working in the field of addiction in NH. The company is growing quickly and it is a busy place, so in a nursing role, there is much more to do than pass out medications. You are on the front lines and have the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is definitely a different culture than working in a hospital or any other facility, but it is definitely worth it. I feel like I am making a difference every day.
Pros
Salary, No scrubs required, 1:1 client contact, being a part of the success stories
Cons
None that I can think of
Great Views to Balance the Day
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Effingham, NHNovember 12, 2017
The day is very full. I have learned a great deal about insurance that I did not know before. The fact the campus is dog friendly is a great stress reducer.

I work with a great co-worker. Without her, the place would crash. The downside is that although the day is supposed to end when you leave, it doesn't. To have a heads up of what is waiting for you, I end up checking email and take the job home with me. I get emails at night and on weekends from case managers on transfers.

The way the facility has grown, we need another person in our office so my co-worker and I can consider taking vacation time and to stay caught up in the office.

Over all, the management is straight up and honest. Teamwork is encouraged and grandstanders discouraged.
Pros
Dog friendly campus, beautiful view
Cons
Unable to take vacation time. Job coming home on off time.
Very fast paced, unpredictable environment. Not for everyone.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Effingham, NHOctober 5, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Very fast paced environment and can be quite stressful. Fairly good communication. Good relationship between middle management and upper management while I was there.
Pros
Pretty competitive pay, great cause, great coworkers, beautiful campus.
Cons
Very fast paced and unpredictable.
Competitive salary with poor management and unethical practice
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Effingham, NHSeptember 17, 2017
Challenging environment to work in as a mental health professional due to poor management and agency practices which compromise client ethics. Best part of the job is the client work and the ability to facilitate both group and individual therapy. Unfortunately agency is most concerned about financial gain and it shows with client care.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
Poor management and ethical concerns
Good place to work.
Detox Specialist (Current Employee) –  Effingham, NHAugust 15, 2017
It's a beautiful campus and a nice place to work. The modality is an amazing idea any way to treat addiction and it works. The staff that work there are all driven and hardworking.
Continues to evolve as a new company
F.T. Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Effingham, NHJuly 22, 2017
Good experience
Fun company to work with
Nice view
Paperwork is demanding as with any health care facility
Late nights
Can be quite chaotic
New company
Pros
environment
Cons
suboptimal communication