Green River Community College Employee Reviews

Productive, fun and informative
Intern-Facilities Department (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 6, 2018
Great place to work, fun environment and always something to do.

Great people to work for and work always seemed like it was contributing to something.

The only complaint is the pay was something to be desired.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
There was very little chance for full time employment
Work study student
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 16, 2018
Helped my 3 supervisors by translating their forms to my language, printing and scanning things, schedule appointments for them, and try to advise students as possible about classes and college.
An Amazing Experience
Piano Accompanist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 16, 2018
Piano is one of my hobby. My professor introduced me to my supervisor and I was super excited to get this part-time. This part-time required me to practice hard on piano and play in front of 200+ people. It created my confidence. It was an amazing experience.
aaa
Office of diversity (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 22, 2018
great place to work very fun lots of nice people would recogmed it to who ever wants to work it boss was really nice enjoyed every moment of working there
Pros
aa
Simulator instructor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 14, 2017
Worked in the aviation department. The management did not communicate effectively with staff. Telephone calls and email not returned: Chief instructor of the program very passive-aggressive.
Grades are "pencil whipped" to make the department look more effective than it is which doesn't do the students any favors when they get out into the real world and discover they don't know squat and fail .
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Poor custodial staff, lack of communication with employees
Fun place, great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 9, 2017
I helped students with finding books need for course work. I did some data entry. Checked out and returned class books for the quarter. Days were very slow after the first week of classes.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 24, 2017
Great place to work and meet positive people. Learning environment is very positive, professional, and conducive for encouraging students to excel in their chosen career path.
Very satisfied with work/study experience
Print Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 10, 2017
While I only worked for one year through the college's Work/Study program, it was one of the best job experiences I've ever had. I was treated with dignity and respect by my managers & co-workers.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
It was not a permanent position.
Easy going, fun
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 10, 2017
I worked as a teacher assistant while attending classes so I did not work as many hours but it was a great learning experience since I got to attend classes and be an assistant.
It is a nice place to work as an International student.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 18, 2017
My job is called Peer Mentor, which basically means a Lifestyle mentor for new coming international students at the school. It was an easy job, our main tasks are to guide students what to do and what not to do in the US, explaining the cultural differences, and mostly hanging out and chatting. The staffs have always been honest and welcoming to me. There is no discrimination at workplace. Everybody just focus in their jobs and are very respectful to the others. My bosses are very frank and serious at meeting, so i learned a lot from them. The salary is basic, we are paid on minimum wage of WA, which is around 9.32$/hour, it is not bad for a first job. In general, GRC International Office is a great place to work as an International student in the contemporary manner of time.
Pros
free pizzas sometimes
Cons
highly selective for a part-time minimum wage job
Productive place
Lab Assistant, GRCC (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 27, 2017
A very nice place to work at. The staff was friendly and the overall work environment was very positive. Management was understanding and were flexible with the needs of the employees
Most reviews on here are from students!
Classified Staff (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 12, 2017
Management is extremely top heavy, none of which know anything about students or how to manage effectively. Being full time staff is nothing but a spinning vortex of fear that you're going to be fire for going above and beyond anything that isn't explicitly in your job description. "Think student, then decide" has only gotten me repremanded. I'm on my SECOND round of being bullied by my superisor (two completely different supervisors). HR does nothing to support the employees. The union has all but dissapeared from campus giving us no support but still taking dues. All we have is the faint hope that the new president will come in and clean house. Was hoping that my dedication, ethics, and excellence in doing my job would take me into retirement, not HR because im making supervisor look bad for telling the truth. New president please save us!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Environment that foster and encourages bullying employees, wages tha are below poverty line, no chance for advancement, clueless management.
TRiO Student Services is amazing.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 22, 2017
It is an amazing feeling to have a student comeback to tell you that from a usual 60% grade he received a 90% on his test!
I was hired by TRiO Student Success Services at Green River Community College. I truly loved this job, my supervisor Annalee, is an incredible woman. She is very patient and helpful with supplies and ideas to help you better tutor your students.
I was able to set my own time with the student and relay those times to my supervisor which was very easy. It was at least one hour per day per student. TRiO has a tutoring/computer lab and there are also private rooms in the Holman Library or the CH building for math tutoring.
Pros
Great students, amazing supervisors, good hours.
Cons
None!
Outstading faculty benefits
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 5, 2017
Obtaining capital investments to acquire state of the art technology was not an issue. Always at the front of the latest technologies.

Beautiful campus.
Benefits
Cons
A culture of "pay your fees and get a B"
Rewarding position
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 27, 2017
I worked as a peer navigator. This position was in essence peer counselor, helping fellow students overcome obstacles that would prevent them from achieving their goal of a college education.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
unmemorable if any
Work study
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 23, 2017
It was a work study. Financial aid team are amazing. Everyone there were so nice and welcoming. I had a great experience and i learned a lot from my managements.
working on campus
Housing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 6, 2017
First job on campus. Coordinated with Student Housing Department to arrange student visa, I-20 and passport. Get to learn a lot for working and meeting the working students
Pros
free lunches and dinner
Cons
no cons
Great employer
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kent and Auburn WAJanuary 30, 2017
I loved working here, great co-workers and supervisors. I got all the training I needed and ongoing support when I needed it. I loved helping students plan their curriculum, answering their inquiries and lowering their fear levels.
Beautiful campus, lovely buildings and a truly meaningful place to work.
Pros
Helping people improve their lives
Ceramics Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 15, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Ceramics Lab very much. I enjoyed working with my supervisor, she was very accommodating when I had last minute schedule changes.
Avesome place to work
Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 27, 2016
Great place to work as a tutor with nice staff members and students. I enjoyed my work and schedule. They give you flexible schedule.