Green Star Exteriors Management reviews

GSE is a truly great place to work!
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2017
As a biology major, lacking business/marketing experience I was uncertain as to how I'd fair as a BDR. However, I was pleasently surprised as the management team laid out a clear/easy road to success. The workplace culture at GSE is always positive, making it fun/enjoyable to go into work every day. So long as your a goal oriented, positive minded person, who's willing to learn the sky is the limit with this company.
Pros
Great pay structure, fun work environment, and a caring management team.
Cons
Working Saturday's
Don't believe the hype
Marketing/Sales (Door-to-Door Soliciting) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2016
This company isn't bad for someone with little bills or major responsibilities, but when you start off knocking door-to-door asking for business it's not as great as they make it seem. It makes it a little bit more annoying that this company doesn't have permits for soliciting anywhere so you will frequently get the cops called on you. When the cops show up if they catch you knocking on someone's door they sometimes ticket you with the fines ranging anywhere from $200-$1000 depending on what town you're in. Also don't expect to move up in the company seeing as how most of the sales people are friends of the owner and the other management positions are filled and not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. The base pay isn't great and obviously the extra bonus pay isn't guaranteed and is very unstable. They have made promises of advancement and opportunity to some employees who were there for years that they failed to live up to and have let others go with little to no warning without giving them any actual advice or direction beforehand. It can be a relaxed, fun environment at times but almost to a fault. Those in charge may act like your best friend, but be cautious in thinking they have your back when push comes to shove. Other than the very select few door-to-door people don't let them sell you on the idea of making great money and be prepared to work long hours every day. On average with the amount of time spent at work compared to what you get paid, at the end of the day it's not much better than minimum wage. Most of the reviews written on here are from people who work  more... there in management positions with personal stakes in the success of the company. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. How many companies actually have 5 star reviews? I'm not saying it's impossible to make good money at this place, it's just not that likely.  less
Pros
Some great people you work with. Can be a fun environment at times.
Cons
Indirect managment, Long hours with typically low rewards, Knocking door-to-door asking for business, Soliciting without permits can lead to neighbors calling cops, If cops see you knocking they sometimes give you a ticket
Opportunities are Endless!!!
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2016
Green Star Exteriors is an amazing place to work. The atmosphere in the sales room is unbelievable. Management keeps our heads in the game even if problems do occur.

When I first started I didn't have a clue about the business world. But in the last 6 months I learned more than I thought possible. Things I didn't even think about could be a full time career for someone.

The growth of the company is also incredible. I have been promoted in my 6 months and so have many other employees. Positions have also been created for certain employees so the career opportunities are endless.
Pros
Base pay + Commission and benefits.
Cons
No 401k yet, but it's in the works.
Great environment with friendly personalities
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2016
I really like working at Green Star Exteriors. All of people are friendly and offer a helping hand. I have learned valuable information that not only helps with the job but with life. The management is great,They offer helpful advice and always make you feel part of the team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling that I am providing a service that really helps people.
Pros
bonuses, good hours
Cons
work on saturday
fun workplace where everyones views are heard
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2016
a typical day at work begins with a meeting with all of the marketing representitives. The management goes over the appointments set from the day before, as well as how many appointments sold. Everyone is asked how they feel on the job and then you go to a territory. You then must go door to door marketing for Green Star, trying to set perspective appointments.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No job security, Little room for advancement
Amazing and motivating work environment!!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2016
My experience at Green Star so far has been amazing! Everyone in the office is very friendly and all get along very well. The work environment is always positive and uplifting which makes it easy to stay motivated. The training was great, they work with you until you feel comfortable making sales on your own instead of just throwing you in the field like most companies. Another thing that I liked about GSE training was that i never felt weird or annoying asking questions and to this day they still answer all of my questions no problem!

Since Green Star is a smaller company, there is never an issue with trying to communicate with management, they are always there for you! Overall, Green Star is a young, fast growing company with so much potential. I always leave work smiling and would totally recommend this company!
Pros
fun environment, work hard play hard, bonuses are realistic and achievable
Cons
not a 9-5 job
Fast growing and naturally motivating workplace
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2016
Green Star Exteriors has an environment that naturally motivates the entire team. Working at Green Star is amazing and extremely gratifying. The energy and excitement in our office makes the experience truly unique for all employees. From a management perspective, we strive to develop each of our team members while pushing them to challenge themselves each day. Since 2014, I have grown as a manager, as an employee, and as a person thanks to this company. I truly have enjoyed every moment so far and am super excited to experience all Green Star has to offer in years to come.
Pros
Green Star is a company that promotes honesty and integrity
Cons
We've outgrown the current office space and need a larger office sooner than later
Great Place to Work and Excellent Growth Oppurtunity
Processor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2016
The atmosphere at Green Star is probably what makes the company so great. Everyone who works here is pleasant and fun to be around, creating a great work environment that makes it easy to come to work every day. The company is new and growing, which provides new employees with an amazing growth opportunity; there is room to grow into almost any position that you desire, as long as you are willing to put in the work and prove that you deserve the promotion. I myself was moved into a more desirable position from where I started in the company, because I proved myself and my competence in my original position. Management is excellent and very accommodating; they are willing to work with you on almost any issue and genuinely want you to do well.
Pros
Great management, excellent growth oppurtunity
Cons
Company is new and growing, so you need patience and an excellent work ethic to advance within
Awesome company to work for!
Web Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2016
I have been with Green Star Exteriors for almost two years and I've truthfully enjoyed every minute of it. It is such a satisfying feeling to work for a company that is growing and growing along with it. You really get the feeling that everyone is on the same page in trying to accomplish the company's main goal: pleasing the customer.

I've learned a lot while woring here. The management is really willing to take the time to teach and explain things. There is great camaraderie and support amongst everyone in the office. Overall, Green Star Exteriors is a great company to work for.
Awesome company!
marketing associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2016
I got this job out of college and it has been great. Learned a lot about sales and business. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is a positive atmosphere every day at work. Management has direct relations with the employees to help you grow as an individual.
Fun, competitive, work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaSeptember 21, 2015
--Every day is a new challenge

--Co workers are like family

--Management listens to us

--Opportunity to grow

--Company is striving to improve daily

I feel like I am part of the growth of a successful company.