Green Tree School & Services Employee Reviews

2.3Job Security & Advancement
Great, supportive team and environment
Outpatient Clinic Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2019
GTSS is a school with one side serving kids on the autism spectrum and one side serving kids with all other IEP needs, and it has an on-site mental health clinic for the students. I interned there as a social work graduate student and had a small case load of students for one-on-one therapy as well as one therapy group.

The other therapists there went above and beyond to support me, teach me, and make me feel comfortable. They were always willing to answer questions and give advice or feedback. My supervisor was generous and supportive and gave great supervision and guidance, and the director was approachable and included everyone, asking for feedback and input in our meetings.

The environment was fun and inclusive. There is always stress inherent to social work/therapy but even on the hardest, longest days with incidents and problem behaviors, we still managed to have a positive environment.

Favorite place I've ever worked.
Pros
Great kids even on bad days, Nice clean environment, Supportive and friendly staff, Opportunity and leeway to try new things
Not a nice place to work
Emotional Support Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2019
A lot of favoritism and backbiting going on there. Everybody worried about other people and what their doing instead of focusing on them and their job responsibilities.
Pros
trainings
Cons
pay
gts
Paraprofessional / Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2018
Worked at GTSS for eighteen years. A great and special place to work. The staff are highly trained and care greatly about the young people that are sent to our school.
Would be good besides some management
Teacher (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaJuly 8, 2018
Unfortunately there are some in management that should not be. Fair pay and benefits, awesome students, professional development...just a really really bad manager.
a normal day
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Phila, PAJune 1, 2018
i love working with my students , but the staff above me seems to
not keep the lines of communication open. We are not offered over time , you expected to do so much with so little.
Pros
students
Cons
short breaks and no support
Ok Place to Work
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2017
Nice atmosphere to work in with ok benefits. Need to work on work place culture and put more processes and procedures in place so that the billing and clinical team can come together.
School thepary
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2017
Morning meet about the students and the goals that they need to meet and what would help them reach their goals. Also to document a description of their day including their behaviors that was displayed.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Health care
Green Tree School and Services
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2014
Approved private school with in-house mental health and other therapeutic services.
Overall a Good Place to work
Special Education Teacher/Culinary Director (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaOctober 22, 2014
Green Tree School and Services is a private school for special needs students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Green Tree School & Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9