GreenAcres Market Employee Reviews

Mistake, bad management, secretive, stressful environment
Health and Beauty Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 1, 2019
I worked at the Oklahoma City for a month it was a waste of time. Nothing we discussed upon hiring ever transpired. From day one I was pressured to meet sales goals and daily after that. Employees are encouraged to almost harass customers by asking them repeatedly if they need help and management will not facilitate any suggestions to to boost sales. Something very odd was going on within this store during my short time there. Glad it was only a month wasted.
mistake
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 23, 2019
i wish i had never applied here. it’s incredibly slow paced, things are changed with no notice, you’re expected to cater to the east store on a whim, and the days drag on and seem to never end.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, little room to advance, slow paced, nobody cares about your growth
Fun workplace, Terrible management, No opportunity to grow, Low pay
Employee (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 30, 2018
Most of the co-workers and customers you work here with are amazing, I had never worked with more positive and friendly people. But, the happiness you find with being able to work with people you enjoy being around is quickly lost thanks to management. Everyone is on edge, nobody knows who will be fired next or what state the business is in. Meetings are required once a month where finances are discussed in percentages for each store. However, important notices about changes in the company are almost always left out. The owners seem friendly but need to build their employee morale and trust. When constant negative changes are made that affect the employees directly and employees are left in the dark, there should be no question to them as to why there is such a high turnover rate here. The company is running on a bi-polar mindset. The moment a mistake is made there is no warnings. You go from good employee to bad employee and soon are quickly removed. You cannot grow within in this company and promotions are rare, pay raises even rarer. Maybe if you were doing this part-time in High School this job would be okay. If you have a family to support and need something stable with decent pay I would not suggest working here. This place has the potential of being so much better than what it is. It is sad that the employees cannot leave as happy as the customers do.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and customers, 20% off everything but sale and clearance
Cons
No chance for growth, No chance for raise, No meal discounts, one short break, bad management, poor employee treatment
Great place to work!
Worker Bee (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 20, 2018
GreenAcres provides an excellent resource to the communities it serves. There is no other retail store offering so many local and farm to table products under one roof. The amount of support the company offers to these community farmers is unbelievable, especially in a time where corporate conglomerates threaten the very existence of this way of life. Take a walk through one of the stores and you will quickly notice the positive energy that stems from human beings helping one another to live happy and healthy lives.
Pros
Benefits, Discount Program and Education
GA is a great company
Company writer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 13, 2018
GA is a pioneering organic health food store chain in three Midwest states, offering made-from-scratch deli food daily, suffering now from competition.
Pros
CEO and management easy to work for, encouraging, enthusiastic; great colleagues who worked hard and knew the health market well.
Cons
Company stores struggling against copious competition.
On pins and needles from day one
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Wichita, KSJanuary 5, 2018
The upper managment of this company will turn on you in an instant to cover their own behinds. The HR/Operations manager is completely unprofessional. She is going to run this company into the ground because the can't keep employees because of her, There is no training provided, No coaching, and all of the employees are just waiting to be the next person she decides is not a good fit.
Pros
The Employees here are amazing
Cons
Upper managment doesn't have a clue what it takes to actually do the job
Whatever you do, do not work here
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 5, 2017
From day one, you will have people warning you about how shady the management is. You will always be on Edge. You never know if you will be getting in trouble or fired. They do not really coach you or work with you. They will just turn around and get rid of people. There are a lot of this about this place that create a not so pleasant work place. Avoid it all costs.
Pros
discount
Cons
Too Many too Name
Do not work here, no matter what
Baker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 26, 2017
I worked hard for 3 months, stayed late, came to work early, and was let go for no reason at all. The HR department was harassing, unprofessional, and the district manager was a creep. I worked in Wichita ks, in Bradly Fair. I was treated like a slave.
Wonderful place to work.
Supplements Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 24, 2017
What keeps me coming back? The feeling that I'm making a difference in people's lives everyday. I get to spend the day educating people about health and helping them decide what would be best to help them improve their health. It makes my day when people come back and tell me how much a particular supplement helped.
The owners and managers are all great people. It is nice working at a small business where I feel like the owners are invested in my development.
There is a nice discount that lets you try all sorts of amazing and new foods, and there is always something new to try.
It can get busy or stressful at times, but that is the nature of retail. Besides, we have plenty of good supplements that help with that!
Pros
50% off deli lunch, 20% off the rest of the store, learning environment, fun coworkers, full time benefits
Cons
Health codes don't allow dogs. As a manager I have to ask people to leave if they bring in a dog.
Only if you must...
Csshier/Grocery (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 6, 2017
Staff mysteriously come and go, and you will never even know what happened...employees are pretty uptight because of this and it stifles creativity and hardwork...people are afraid to make a mistake...so it's head down, and don't look up.
You will never see a raise....NEVER...so beware the $9.50 they will talk you into taking with promises of an increase...it will never happen.
Benefits are decent if you can afford it.
There are wonderful people working on the floor , and if you just want part time it can work for you.
Don't just talk to the HR, or owners about working here...they will "ra-ra" till their last breath.
Ultra conservative owners with liberal staff makes for wacky times...
Talk to staff away from the store before making a decision to work here...
Pros
Folks on the floor....clean stores ( because YOU will clean it)..half off deli at lunch
Cons
Tense, stressful employees always worried about losing their job, high turnover, low pay...
Great Environment!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 28, 2017
Great team and great energy! Management allows us to do the jobs we are hired for. Opportunity for growth and advancement is always available as long as skills, abilities, and performance supports this. Company really cares about their customers, building a presence within the community, and making a difference one person at a time. Grateful to be part of this each and every day!
Pros
Positive culture and environment, room for advancement, competitive benefits, and great employee discount program
Walking on eggshells pretty much sums it up
Assistant Buyer/Point Of Sale Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 16, 2014
I started working here in Oct of 2013. I had always worked for family friendly, HONEST companies. Let me give you a nice head's up. With this company they care nothing about their employees, only their profit. There are 3 owners as well as their daughter, so 4 total in charge. They like to come off as being all about treating their employees so great so as to get the customers thru the door. But NEVER in my life had I seen so many employees treated so unfairly and let go over nonsense. They are very all about what they want, the employee is just a number. Use you and abuse you is a great term for it, I have never felt so hurt and betrayed in my life. A total waste of 11 months of my life I wish I had back. If you wanna be put down on a daily basis for every little mistake...power to ya. No constructive criticism in that place.
Pros
Cons
The company owners/managers, their ethics and morals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GreenAcres Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5