Greenback Expat Tax Services Employee Reviews

Inspiring, engaging and high-growth remote team!
Director of Business Operations (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 27, 2018
I get asked all the time - wait you love your job and get to work remotely? Yes!

There are so many pros to working at Greenback, but really it's the team that makes it all worth it for me. It's an extremely high-performing and fast-paced team working cross functionally across Marketing, Ops, Customer Service and it's really collaborative in nature.

From top up to top down, everyone has a say as well as an impact on the direct success of the company. - most of our strategy comes straight from what our customer service team sees on the front lines!

I love remote work (and could never go back to an office!), but it's not the right fit for everyone. It's easy to wake up and jump on computer, so routine, organization and commitment to self care is key for someone to be successful in a remote role.

Over the last couple of years, we've experienced extremely high growth and technology advancements which can be tough for some not wanting to roll with the punches, but exciting for those who thrive on change, growth and learning new things.

Inspiration/vision for the business is unparalleled and it's exciting to work for leaders who truly value creating/growing something really amazing - from recruiting and retaining the best-of-the-best team, focusing so deeply on excellent care of both team and customers as well as utilizing top-notch technology to make it all happen remotely!
Pros
Work from home, smart/collaborative team, best-in-class technology, full benefits + take what you need vacation
Cons
Remote work not for everyone, challenging time zone coordination
Love it here!
Management Team Member (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 30, 2018
I've had experience working for a variety of different types of companies in big cities, and under a variety of management styles and work cultures. All this experience has taught me what effective leadership looks like and work philosophies I believe are important to embed in a culture for employee engagement and high business results. Like Goldilocks, I finally found one that is just right.

Leadership gives you a lot of trust and independence, yet at the same time there is ample support and collaboration when you need it. Working remotely gives you the flexibility to work where it is convenient for you and to choose an environment that allows you to focus best. Being someone who is more efficient with independence and quiet (rather than an open office floor plan as many companies today are), this is the ideal set up.

The work itself is engaging with plenty of opportunities to continue to learn and grow. The team is smart, motivated and friendly and overall I cannot say enough good things about working at Greenback.
Pros
vacation policy, health care, supportive team, inspiring and supportive CEO, remote work arrangement, growing business, healthy work philosophies
Cons
None come to mind
Ideal Remote Job for Tax Preparers
Accountant (Current Employee) –  remoteFebruary 1, 2018
I love the job! It is everything that working for a Big 4 was not - you are not micromanaged, you have control over your own time, you really own your clients, and you feel relevant.

You can move around and maintain a steady job. Several team members, including the owners, live abroad.

The pay is actually GREAT. You have to expect to put in a few years to build a portfolio - it will not come right away, but definitely possible.

The management is great - they have really transformed the company and bring it higher every passing year.
Pros
remote, great pay, independent
Cons
no benefits, no paid time off
High-performing virtual team using best-in-class tools
Marketing and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 25, 2018
It’s an extremely high-performing team working collaboratively around the globe!

There's been exponential growth in last few years with engaging and challenging projects with focus always 100% on delivering the best customer experience.

The tools and systems are best-in-class and exciting to dive into new technology and be working with not only the best tools, but experts in the industry that drives growth.

100% remote work allows for flexibility and management spends time nurturing culture with things like get to know you Wednesdays, high-five Fridays to build relationships and celebrate success together.
Pros
Remote work, amazing team members, competitive pay, fun team building events
Cons
Remote work may not be for everyone
Great place to work for those who want to work from home
Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2017
Greenback is a great opportunity for someone seeking a job that allows you to work from home. All of the employees are remote and that means they have their virtual workplace management systems down to a science. The colleagues I've worked with are friendly and there simply is no micromanagement. Everyone is competent and collegial, which is a rarity especially with jobs that solely hire remote workers. The pay is competitive and the expectations are always clear and reasonable. It has been a fantastic place to work so far!
Fantastic, fast growing company that allows the flexibility to work anywhere in the world!
Senior Customer Champion (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 13, 2017
Overall a fantastic place to work!

Highly skilled colleagues, you are always surrounded by the best of the best. You also get to manage your own day to day and own your workload, no micro-managing here.

Flexibility- the job is 100% remote so you are able to work anywhere in the world!

Fast growing company that allows you to grow with them. Pay is competitive, however there are limited benefits given it is a full time contractor position.

Forward thinking CEO who is always working to improve the company and experience for clients.
Pros
Highly skilled colleagues-always surrounded by the best of the best, Get to manage your own day to day and own your workload, Flexibility- be able to work anywhere in the world, Fast growing company, Competitive pay, Forward thinking CEO
Cons
Limited benefits and as taxes are seasonal in nature, the hours can be long during tax season.
Negative stars---do not work here
Digital Customer Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2017
My days consisted of being confused by the directions of upper management. Because they want things done a specific way--but do not want explain those things or tell your how.

The CEO treats the employees as if they mean nothing, she is very arrogant and difficult to talk to and deal with. Everyone cowers to her---and sugar coats to appease her wishes.

It was terrible.
Pros
Pay, Remote Work
Cons
Everything Else
Worst Contractor Experience I've ever had
Digital Marketing Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 25, 2017
This place is a disorganized mess and the CEO is condescending and micromanaged everyone. It was not an enjoyable work experience in any capacity---and I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
They paid me what I asked for
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenback Expat Tax Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Greenback Expat Tax Services Reviews by Location