Greenberg Traurig Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place
Sr. Legal Administrative Assistant - Litigation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
Pleasant overall environment. Most people work well together as a team. Good benefits. Management cares about employees. The culture is a decentralized organization.
Excellent place to work
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
GT has been very flexible with my work life balance. The health and insurance benefits are first rate. Management is spread thin at times but they are very efficient and very fair. Furthermore I have always felt appreciated and my accomplishments recognized.
A place for recent graduates
Business Immigration & Compliance Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 3, 2019
Paralegals are typically recent college graduates. This is reflected in the overall compensation package. Little room for growth if you are not an attorney.
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2018
Loved Greenberg. Great location above Grand Central Station. Gave lots of perks to employees. At time juggling dealing with demanding attorneys. Wonderful benefits, very professional
Pros
Great benefits, great perks. atmosphere
10 Years of unconditional service
Conflict Analyst/ Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 24, 2018
I worked for almost 10 years at GT and my tenure was mostly great. The company was always great with me however my department was dissolved and moved its operations to GA.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits
Not the place you would want your child to work in.
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 18, 2018
Instead of giving a long explanation I'll have just short descriptions:

You're on your own
Staff is not important
Nepotism is a core value
No loyalty
Compensation none existent
Trust no one
Stealing time is good
Don't care attitude is rewarded
Giving more than 70% of your best is considered a threat
Leadership cares more about Twitter views
No common sense
Discrimination on all levels
Sweatshop
Women, I'll leave that alone #meetoo
Associates are only one kind of people look it up
"Tokens" are the golden ticket

If you're wondering about me well I left for these reasons. I feel really bad about all those employees who did not have better luck.
Pros
still some good people left
Cons
too much to list stear away
Had a fine vision and then strayed
Associate, Of Counsel (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2018
When I started, this was an all-for-one, rising-tide-lifts-all-boats shop that cared about training and advancement, mentorship, pay and benefits. When I was halfway through my tenure it was an obvious eat-what-you-kill cutthroat shop that would give each person enough rope for self-hanging.
Pros
Large
Cons
Corporate and uncaring
Structured environment
Prefer not to list (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2018
GT is one of the largest law firms in the U.S., employing over 2600 lawyers. They've grown leaps and bounds, and continue to do so today. Schedules are very flexible, and they also allow you to work remotely.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Commute
Former Employer
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 14, 2018
Management was horrible and very misleading. Firm is very corporate and very cold. It appeared that staff was unhappy with many aspects of the firm, i.e., very low wages, longer days than other firms and their vacation benefits, if you want to call it benefits, is almost unheard of nowadays.
Pros
Cons
Would not recommend
Overworked, underpaid
Associate, Registered Patent Attorney (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 30, 2019
Management treats associates like endentured servants, focuses only on bottom line. Unrealistic expectations for non-litigation associates, both in terms of hours and business development.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Underpaid
Great firm with great senior leadership
BUSINESS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2019
GT is one of the best managed firms in the legal industry. Very strong management team that is respected by staff and attorneys.
Solid financial control and management systems.
Pros
Solid financial performance - great lawyers and support staff
Cons
Lawyers can sometimes be a challenge to support
Was a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
Worked at Greenberg for 15 years and it was a great company to work for. However there’s new management and lots of changes happening. They do offer continental breakfast every Friday which is a nice perk on a Friday morning.
Not a long-term role...
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 2, 2018
Overall, I have nothing bad to say about my time at GT. It was a couple weeks short and not very eventful as I was offered my current role right at the beginning of my tenure there.

I liked the people I worked with, however with management in a separate office the department lacked leadership. A manager was brought in on my last days who seemed like a great fit for the role! However, I can’t determine that at this point.

The job function itself was very stressful, which I expect in my line of work. However at times the calls received were borderline nerve wracking! Seasoned experienced professionals in the department however took calls with ease.

The trend of bad turnover also seemed to be a trend in that office as in 5 weeks I saw about 6 coworkers either transfer offices/departments or resign altogether.

All in all, my personal experience at GT was not bad... had I not been offered a role with my current employer I would have probably stayed for a bit. To me the worse part of my day was the commute on the 826.
Pros
Good benefits, nice coworkers
Cons
Bad turnover, commute
Good place to work as long as you are committed to a "BigLaw" mentality
Associate Attorney (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 16, 2018
Great local office of an international law firm. Management tries hard, but inherent limitations of BigLaw are ingrained into the culture. In order to be successful, must put job on a pedestal above all else. Attorneys in office are good people, but anti-social. Compensation is at (local) market, but below comparable firms nationally.
Great place to work.
PARALEGAL/LEGAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2018
GT acquired a small, boutique trademarks firm when I was employed there. When GT came in, they were receptive about not changing the culture. i couldn't have enjoyed working for them more.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Management and new management were clashing
Tough place to work
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
GT has a long standing wonderful reputation amongst the firms in Atlanta, however he work life balance is non-existent. I found it a tough environment in which to work
Very friendly and productive environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
My supervisor was one of the best mentors that I had. All the staff were very professional, so it was quite easy to work and progress all the issues very efficiently and smoothly.
Excellent experience working at Greenberg Traurig and would recommend the firm to anyone who is willing to work and make a difference.
Legal Assistant/Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 11, 2018
A great place to work offering many opportunities while working in a fast pace environment and maintaining a positive, professional attitude.

Hardest part of my job was getting bills out in a timely manner and getting bills paid in a timely manner with constant attention to detail.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being part of an environment that cared about its employees and treated us as a family.

I have learned a great deal while working at GT and was grateful for the opportunity to interact with various foreign clients building bridges between our 32 offices world wide.
Pros
GT offered many perks and opportunities for improvement.
Cons
Improve health benefits.
Great place to work.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 13, 2018
Nice firm, enjoyed the culture. Moved to Boston from small town & didn't enjoy the city, so didn't stay long. Firm has a good reputation and does a great job.
Large International Law Firm
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal - Transactional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
The work environment for Greenberg Traurig changes per the office and Department in which you are employed. For the most part, the management, compensation structure and opportunity for advancement are lacking or peppered with favoritism.