Greenberg Traurig Employee Reviews

Tough place to work
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
GT has a long standing wonderful reputation amongst the firms in Atlanta, however he work life balance is non-existent. I found it a tough environment in which to work
Great place to work.
PARALEGAL/LEGAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2018
GT acquired a small, boutique trademarks firm when I was employed there. When GT came in, they were receptive about not changing the culture. i couldn't have enjoyed working for them more.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Management and new management were clashing
word processing dept, 24 hour 7 day a week
Document Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
At the time I was employed, company was growing and smaller and much more relatable. As the company grew things began to change, and attention to detail didn't seem as important.
Pros
Great staff to work, team players
Cons
attitudes of the attorneys
Great place to work.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 13, 2018
Nice firm, enjoyed the culture. Moved to Boston from small town & didn't enjoy the city, so didn't stay long. Firm has a good reputation and does a great job.
Big law firm. Nature of beast is high stress
Principal Shareholder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
I was a senior lawyer so I ate what I killed. The culture was conducive to that. I was given the freedom and resources to build my law practice. Typical large law firm
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Big law firm
10 Years of unconditional service
Conflict Analyst/ Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 24, 2018
I worked for almost 10 years at GT and my tenure was mostly great. The company was always great with me however my department was dissolved and moved its operations to GA.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits
Not the place you would want your child to work in.
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 18, 2018
Instead of giving a long explanation I'll have just short descriptions:

You're on your own
Staff is not important
Nepotism is a core value
No loyalty
Compensation none existent
Trust no one
Stealing time is good
Don't care attitude is rewarded
Giving more than 70% of your best is considered a threat
Leadership cares more about Twitter views
No common sense
Discrimination on all levels
Sweatshop
Women, I'll leave that alone #meetoo
Associates are only one kind of people look it up
"Tokens" are the golden ticket

If you're wondering about me well I left for these reasons. I feel really bad about all those employees who did not have better luck.
Pros
still some good people left
Cons
too much to list stear away
Structured environment
Prefer not to list (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2018
GT is one of the largest law firms in the U.S., employing over 2600 lawyers. They've grown leaps and bounds, and continue to do so today. Schedules are very flexible, and they also allow you to work remotely.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Commute
Had a fine vision and then strayed
Associate, Of Counsel (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2018
When I started, this was an all-for-one, rising-tide-lifts-all-boats shop that cared about training and advancement, mentorship, pay and benefits. When I was halfway through my tenure it was an obvious eat-what-you-kill cutthroat shop that would give each person enough rope for self-hanging.
Pros
Large
Cons
Corporate and uncaring
People are stretched too thin
Patent Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJune 15, 2018
Nothing nice to say. Some people do nothing and others are overworked to the point of exhaustion. Management style is brutal. Invoicing procedures are cumbersome.

Want to know more about Greenberg Traurig?

Ask a question
Law Clerk/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
If I didn't have to move out of NY< I can say that I would still be there today, everything was great there, staff, HR, and the lawyers were all pleasant group of people to work with.
Pros
Too many to describe.
Challenging projects
Senior Real Estate/Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2018
Was employed with Greenberg Traurig LLP for twelve years as a Senior Real Estate/Corporate Paralegal. Worked extensive hours. Very talented attorneys. Great work environment.
Pros
Heavy client contact
Worst. Job. Ever.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2018
The office manager was a complete jerk. Companies think just because you served our country those skills will translate into an office setting. They don't!!! There's no unity. Everyone is out for themselves. This place is so bad that employees have committed or attempted to commit SUICIDE!!!
Former Employer
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 14, 2018
Management was horrible and very misleading. Firm is very corporate and very cold. It appeared that staff was unhappy with many aspects of the firm, i.e., very low wages, longer days than other firms and their vacation benefits, if you want to call it benefits, is almost unheard of nowadays.
Pros
Cons
Would not recommend
Great place so start
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2018
While I love GT the advancement in administration isn't there, anyone starting out would be great to go here. But with a realigned structure it's harder to move up and get more experience.
review
Associate (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 20, 2018
good company to work for, support staff is knowledgeable, partners are easy to talk to and have open door policy. opportunity for growth is minimal. pro bono work is great
Avoid, avoid, avoid
Attorney (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2018
Don't waste your time with the Boston office. Atypical biglaw - many shareholders are not qualified attorneys and have achieved standing by manipulating others with juvenile tactics. If you follow the #metoo movement, it's here too. Nobody will come out, since you won't have a job.

Most firms don't tolerate clients that don't pay bills, but this one does. In other words, this firm is almost the opposite of everything you might expect in a job environment. Avoid it. Don't go near it! Talk to those who have worked there to hear the real stories!!
Pros
Clear office windows
Cons
Like a prison cell
Very stressful job, but working with some great people.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Greenberg Traurig. The work was stressful and fast paced. If you get into the right group it could be a great working situation.
Wonderful place to work and I miss it so much
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 2, 2018
Relocated due to husband's job offer; however, if we were still in the area, I would still be working here. Such a wonderful place to work, and I absolutely loved it.
Pros
worked for amazing attorneys
Cons
I really have no complaints
Not a long-term role...
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 2, 2018
Overall, I have nothing bad to say about my time at GT. It was a couple weeks short and not very eventful as I was offered my current role right at the beginning of my tenure there.

I liked the people I worked with, however with management in a separate office the department lacked leadership. A manager was brought in on my last days who seemed like a great fit for the role! However, I can’t determine that at this point.

The job function itself was very stressful, which I expect in my line of work. However at times the calls received were borderline nerve wracking! Seasoned experienced professionals in the department however took calls with ease.

The trend of bad turnover also seemed to be a trend in that office as in 5 weeks I saw about 6 coworkers either transfer offices/departments or resign altogether.

All in all, my personal experience at GT was not bad... had I not been offered a role with my current employer I would have probably stayed for a bit. To me the worse part of my day was the commute on the 826.
Pros
Good benefits, nice coworkers
Cons
Bad turnover, commute