Greenbrier Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

GVMC is a competitive place to work
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Ronceverte, WV 24970July 10, 2019
I feel the training was stellar. Any 12-hour shift has the potential to be draining. I only wish that I had full-time hours and benefits and a Monday-Friday schedule but that is unrealistic in the healthcare industry. MY POSITION IS ONLY PRN.
Enjoyable place to work but can be very hectic at times.
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairlea, WVJune 3, 2019
12 hour shifts with 1/2 hour lunch break and typical ICU type activities and always busy. Job can take its toll on a person if death bothers them. Many very sick people in the ICU and some would not pull through. This was the worst part of the job.
Poor excuse for a job
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVMay 20, 2019
Work environment is very stressful, Extremely underpaid, Poor management, favoritism. You were expected to work extra, but the n cut hours later in the week so you wouldn't have OT. If there were any shifts that needed picked up you either did it or get crapped on.
Pros
No pros
Cons
30 Min lunches, underpaid, overworked
poor management
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVApril 17, 2019
management from the top down is awful. There is a mean girl mentality there. They seem to run off all of the good new employees, leaving only the jaded employees that has been there for a while.
Pros
nothing
Cons
high turnover, poor management
Wonderful place to be employed
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVApril 10, 2019
Working at GVMC was a wonderful experience. I met a lot of people that helped me fulfill my duties as a student Respiratory Therapist. The employees there were very nice and motivated and made my time at GVMC a delight to work there.
work
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVApril 7, 2019
put on call alot depending on which department you work in . Never really work a full 36 hours a week and often floated to other floors and given assignments with or without being asked if comfortable working outside your area.
Bad morale, high turnover rate.
Sleep Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVJanuary 14, 2019
Lack of professionalism in management, lack of competitive pay. Bad morale overall. I have seen a lot of turnover in employees during the past 5 years in all departments.
Pros
Willing to give personal time off for family emergencies
Cons
Low pay, favoritism and lack of professionalism in management.
No incentive's for employees
PEDIATRIC BILLER / COLLECTIONS (Current Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVDecember 10, 2018
Nice people . Low wages with even lower pay increase. Company complains about financial situation to often. Hard working employees who are not appreciated.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low wages and even lower pay increases
Great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVSeptember 7, 2018
Great teamwork with dedicated staff. Often pulled to other units or CNA duties. Staffing is based on numbers not acuity resulting in worker injury with extended time off.
Pros
C0-workers
Cons
Promotion based on friendship not qualifications
GVMC was the beginning of my Medicare Billing Experience
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVAugust 16, 2018
primary work responsibilities involved follow up on outstanding Medicare Claims. Was responsible for filing the appropriate appeals for denied medicare claims.
Good people. Company is money oriented.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVJuly 9, 2018
Over all not a bad place. Is located in rural area so pay and insurance is not the best. Company that owns it now is definitely a for profit. Also have noticed that seniority only counts if it is in the best interest of company.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly. Clean hospital
Cons
Not enough staff. Have to work short alot
Health Information Management
ACHS HIM Director (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVMay 20, 2018
I worked numerous hours at GVMC to get both the corporate and hospital functions completed. I was totally shocked when they eliminated my position and brought in a more tenured CHS Director to provide oversight as I had made some many improvements. I was not the only Director who lost their job due to financial difficulties at the hospital
Great place to work in a beautiful area.
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVJanuary 26, 2018
Great pay, great people. They listen to problems and try to fix them. Some favoritism but, every place has some of that. lol
Would have stayed if my husband could have found a job in the area.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Management gets blinded by some employees
Good People!
Anesthesia Technician-OR (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVJanuary 17, 2018
Good hours with co-workers and most management team, you would learn a great deal side by side with others. The OR team was a BIG family and you could always count on others.
My job review
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVOctober 6, 2017
Its was hit the clock and run. I would get there and clock in I would start my job then someone would not show up then I was pulled from my job to do theirs. we was short of help almost every day so it was hard to get everything done. but i did the best I could, the best part of my job was I knew I gave a good days work.
Busy and fast paced job
Executive Administrative Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVSeptember 3, 2017
I enjoyed certain aspects of my job and did well because of my easy going approach to the job. No room for growth but I like the team I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
flexibility, great team
Cons
low pay
All employees hate each other in my department.
Technology (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVAugust 13, 2017
Decent money for work which is great but, Everyone around you hates you for making more than them. Your boss is a back stabbing liar who wont stick up for you, But will watch there own backs even if it means compromising you. No one is willing to help new employees learn how the outdated unique software works at GVMC because no one can get along for 10 minutes. Therefor you can't perform your tasks on time. Why do you think they have so many job openings? Big turn over for GVMC. Other than that it's a fine place to work. GLHF
Pros
salary
Cons
back stabbing management, liars and cheats.
never a dull moment in this position..
Unit Secretary Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Fairlea, WVApril 25, 2017
I loved working as Unit Secretary in the Emergency Room. The physicians respected us. All nursing staff were exceptional. I admire their ability to work in such a fast pace inviroment. They take pride in their work and are so caring with the patients.
Excellent co-workers
Pros
Carrying staff
Community Hospital
Employee (Current Employee) –  Ronceverte, WVApril 5, 2017
Location is the plus for GVMC. The area provides a lot of outdoor activities. Lewisburg, WV has been previously awarded Best small town in US 2011. Approximately 4 hours to Washington DC
Pros
Cons
Salaries not competative
great learning evironment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  medsurgMarch 12, 2017
GVMC is a good hospital to learn skills. multiple types of surgeries to gain skills from. also, wide range of medical inpatients to obtain nursing skills from.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenbrier Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Greenbrier Valley Medical Center Reviews by Location