Greene County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great atmosphere
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Greene County, NYJuly 30, 2017
Everyone is like family. We are committed and bond over our experiences. Oversight is weak but immediate supervision is amazing. Our work is like no other.
typical day at work.
parent coach (Current Employee) –  Catskill, NYMay 2, 2017
The job is rewarding, the children make the drive of an hour and 20 minutes worth it, watching parents able to over come their addictions and regain custody of their children. Makes the job worth while.
Pros
staff
Cons
paper work
enjoyed working with citizens of greene county
911 coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMarch 28, 2017
Assigned new road numbers and new addresses for county residents
Maintaining and collecting data for aerial computer program Coordinated with AT&T with updated data
Overseen publication of county map on accuracy of data
Pros
working with people
Cons
working with unpleasant people
Great place, low pay
Director (Current Employee) –  Snow Hill, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Most all the people are friendly and want to do a good job. They pool a lot of resources to do the job. County management needs some assistance. The County is poor but could do better.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Not much other than pay
Government
Fiscal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Xenia, OHAugust 4, 2016
The job was the typical government job. Everything documented in detail. Co-workers were very pleasant. The hardest part of the job was learning how to work in a public sector job compared to private. I enjoyed the wonderful benefits.
Loving enviornment
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Xenia, OHJanuary 7, 2015
My typical work day was fast paced and interesting. I worked and multitasked through the day care center and nursing home to provide care for both populations. I learned that when caring for people in this capacity there is no job to small or unrecognized by the people you care for. Though management may not see every detail that the employee put into their efforts, the residents and clients do, and they appreciate it. Management at this facility have a lot to offer as far as training and helping a person to build character. The staff cares for the clients and residents of the facility and they seem to get along well with one another. The hardest part of the job is the physical lifting especially on short staffed days. I do feel the business would benefit from hiring staff members who were more willing to help others. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the client. When they smile at you and say thank you, or tell you that you are appreciated is rewarding and motivates me to want to do more.
Pros
Fun and friendly enviornment
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Nice place to work
Senior Family Planning Aide (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NYJanuary 7, 2014
learned how to educate young teens and improve work ethics. Management was always very welcoming
Pros
Happy workplace
Cons
Civil Service Exam
Money Problem
Intern (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 9, 2013
Greene County is an excellent employer, the only problem is that they are going through major budget cuts. This has produced a a pay freeze for five years. The people that work there are dedicated and just amazing. Their budget problems are not going away anytime soon but I loved my time working there.
4-H
Assistant Meat Goat Leader (Current Employee) –  Greene County, INNovember 8, 2013
This was simply a volunteer position to help with the clubs that helped shape me into a young adult.
Seasonal job.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 21, 2012
I was a temp at this seasonal job, so there wasn't much room to advance at all. But it was a fun place to work.