Greenheck Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun and easy
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJune 21, 2018
Greenheck was a decent place to work. It has its flaws, but it's not too bad. Good people to work with and a great work environment. Every job is easy to learn.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No fault policies
n/a
Material Handler, Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 18, 2018
my experience with Greenheck was not the best. Management was never held accountable and they were quick to criticize. The general work environment was pleasant, I enjoyed my coworkers.
Fun and safe environment. Always learning on the job and extending your knowledge
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIMay 29, 2018
Typical day at work included checking and answering emails from the previous night that came in after hours. After answering emails we begin building, imaging and troubleshooting hardware, software and phone issues that came through emails from end users. Receiving work requests from end users and fixing in a timely matter. Inventory in checked weekly and ordered accordingly. Keeping track of hardware that is configured for the end users and charging the hardware to the correct department. About one hour a day my group would meet together to discuss occuring issues and discuss the most proficient cost effective way to troubleshoot and fix to avoid future issues. Other discussions included researching new equipment that would help replace older equipment.

I came into the job with basic knowledge of the IT field. Mainly hardware and software. While on the job it was like school. Everyday there was something to learn. We were able to test new equipment and software as needed to get the experience needed. Also customer support was a main goal for me. Before going to college i worked in customer service for a total of 4 to 5 years and took pride in relating to the customer and emphasizing with them as well.

Management at Greenheck is top notch. They are always asking what they can do to make our job easier. Another great aspect- management would set up one on ones to ask if we had any ideas ourselves that could help make the work process better and more efficient. This I respected. It showed that management cared about our thoughts and ideas. Also, during the one on ones
  more... management would ask how our life is outside of work, this showed me that they were really sincere about our personal life along with our life at work.Management would also take us out to lunch about once a month for jobs well done and to just conversate like we were all friends.

Our workplace always had games and friendly challenges where anyone interested could sign up going on. This made the workplace culture fun and always challenging in the best way. Some include cribbage challenges which anyone could sign up for with rewards at the end for the top 3 winners, sand bag tosses, fitbit health challenges, potlucks and many other events. Greenheck is very health oriented, once a year we held a health fair which you could bring family members to see all the different stands e.g. dentists, bicycles, Medical, Life Insurance, Retirement Plans.
Most stands also had games you could play to win different prizes and almost all stand had free samples, shirts and more you could get.

The toughest part of this job was during school breaks when interns would start coming back or first starting. This being the hardest because they would be hired in very large groups. We would be told ahead of time and receive the equipment lists of what would be needed for each individual in their department. Once we received PC build and software information needed we would begin the builds. Sometimes 70 to 100 at a time. It wasn't the actual builds, it was the volume of the builds. Because we needed this done fast, other builds for end users would take longer than they normally would. It would be stressful at times but the team I worked with we made it fun to reduce the stress which help every move fast and smooth.

Most enjoyable part of this job was the people. We all worked well together and made the job fun and enjoyable. We shared the workload as much as we could
Pros
Free lunches with management. Fun and friendly contests to make to workloads fun and fast
Cons
Short staffed at times which made charing workloads more difficult
A great place to work.
Newex Fan Assembler (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIMarch 6, 2018
I came to work on time every day. Performed my duties and went home. I enjoyed the job security and the knowledge I gained.I learned many thing in the 18 years I was employed there. I miss the job but life has chosen a different direction for me.
loved it
production (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 1, 2018
i loved working at greenheck fan corp. the team leads were very laid back and helpful, some of the supervisors actually cared about the opinions of the production workers.
Pros
good pay, hours, benifits, atmosphere
Cons
union based
Excellent place to work. Privately held company that cares about their employees and the community.
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 21, 2018
A world class manufacturer that overtakes the competition by working smarter not harder. They are serious about keeping their employees and vendors safe and happy. I learned 2 skilled trades first as a Tool and Die Maker also a Maintenance Mechanic. They trained me in leadership and personal communication. I loved the creativity and working with teams to improve the processes. I thought the hard part was going to work at the same location every day for so many years. Now that I have been driving all over town fighting traffic I really miss it. Greenheck is like a very large family. They treat their employees like owners.
Pros
Good wages and benefits. Family friendly.
Cons
Some work is repetitive.
Great People
Designer II (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WIFebruary 7, 2018
Great work environment! Staff is extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Work hours are flexible and they always put family first.Great benefits, but employee compensation is lacking.
Pros
Great Team Building activities
Cons
Pay is not competative
Great work enviroment and coworkers
Machine/press op., stockman, balancer, utility (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I was able to work in many different departments and most areas I worked on my own. I was trained on different equipment. the only difficulty I had was the shift.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
shift
Fast-paced environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJanuary 28, 2018
Their turnover rate was high and there wasn't much formal training for the position. I felt like I could have done much better if I had received better training.
Newex Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WIDecember 5, 2017
Greenheck is always changing to keep up with the customers needs and wants. They are at the top of the air movement industry. They have excellent benefits and are always investing in the community.
Small company struggling with a overly aggressive growth goals.
Various engineering and sales roles (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WINovember 30, 2017
Zero professional development, advancement opportunities are few and far between outside the hidden fraternal order, absolutely no tangible employee appreciation or investment despite the overinflated self-promotions published in their periodic employee information bulletins, developing a culture of over-leveraging and micromanaging employees. Had historically been an excellent employer but current senior management will assuredly see to total elimination of that in quick order. If you’re seeking a professional position with opportunity for growth and development this organization is likely not a satisfactory option.
Pros
General stability in an aggressively growing company.
Cons
Management is generally a mess that ranges anywere between absent to oppressive micromanagement.
If you need money
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCNovember 19, 2017
The pay was great. and the people you worked with were great. But management was clueless.They would make out that they knew everything. But couldn't fix simple problems going on the floor. They had there favorites. Everyone else well good luck. Didn't take employees feedback about the job into consideration,because there always right. And then do nothing to fix the problem. unless it was to there favorite, then fixed that day.Also they treated first shift different from the other shifts. Oh you did something wrong wright-up, 2nd or 3rd oh we will over look this over and over. If you need to have a job just for money and do not care then this place is good. If you want a career in something this is not for you!
Pros
pay, great employees
Cons
Bad Management
Poor management, little support to uphold the standards that are expected.
First Shift Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYNovember 18, 2017
Management does not support the standards they promote. Very lax in holding anyone accountable for their performance. These issues along with others created a very stressful work environment and have caused many to lose respect for management and a drop in performance and efficiency.
poor supervision
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WINovember 13, 2017
I felt I had poor supervisor that started that did not know any of the work stations. Therefor my training was not sufficient. Other then that the company was a relaxed place to work at.
Good Job Bad Management
Grade II Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYNovember 3, 2017
The work iteself was easy and the pay was competitive. But, the low morale was caused by management. Management treated empployees as less than and intentionally overlook problematic people.
Pros
pay
Cons
Horrible insurance
Great Place for Hardworking People
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCOctober 8, 2017
Wonderful place to work with plenty of benefits and competitive pay. The only downfall is occasional disorganization and misunderstandings. Overall it is a place that you could work at forever!
Pros
Competitive pay, 401K, Life Insurance
Cons
The occasional confrontation between coworkers
Easy and simple work. Needs work on Management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYAugust 30, 2017
Simple job but when regarding management its falls short. Insurance is not the best. I do not smoke but smokers pay an extra $50 just for smoking and if their spouse smokes its more. Management dip into the drama that occurs which makes it a much more difficult place to work.
Pros
Pay, Accumulative vacation days (for third shift only), Simple job, Chances to cross-train.
Cons
HealthCare, Management, Toxic atmosphere.
It's a great career .
Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCAugust 29, 2017
I would recommend this job to people who want a long term career and that are serious and willing to work. This is a job that requires safety and you have to be willing to stand long hours.
Greenheck Fan
Grade 3 Production/Assembler (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 19, 2017
Place is just ok. No advancements and if there were any they already had someone in mind and being a senior doesn't make any difference. Learn lots of skills though, but this place wasn't for me. It may be for others.
Pros
don't have to clock out for lunch, easy if you're a veteran, union
Cons
poor management, no advancements, coworkers are lazy
Poor management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCAugust 7, 2017
As a place to work it is a good place but the Shelby N.C. plant the management is the worst they don't want to take responsibility for there failure they don't listen to the people that are doing the work on the floor to see why thing or going wrong with this plant and there are different rules for first shift and the other shifts so if you do take a job from Greenheck don't go to work at the Shelby plant
Pros
Good coworker
Cons
Bad management