Greenheck Group Employee Reviews

Good Company, Poor Management
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYDecember 16, 2018
Greenheck is a great company to work for but the management at the plant level in KY is very bad. Plant manager is out of touch with the floor and very controlling. He preaches safety and quality but the focus is entirely on making shipments...not safety or quality. Supervisors worry more about whether or not you are wearing the right clothes then if you're doing your job so there is very little accountability. Union leadership is interested more in politics than actually fixing anything and holds people back more than helping them.

All that said, there are some good people there. If you can stay above the nonsense it can be a good place to work. It could be a GREAT place to work with some changes to plant management.
Pros
Good company, lots good people
Cons
Bad management at plant level, ineffective union leadership
Company /Plant manager
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYNovember 27, 2018
The facility was a remote facility , that was managed by corporate. This lead to no opportunity for advancement , and the changing of plant manager was a mistake. Work load was not equal
Clean place terrible management, dont care about you even if your a good employer
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Schofield wisNovember 5, 2018
Management in HR is clueless. They lie to your face, try to improve safety and make jobs better and the nurse is useless and clueless . The people are nice and most care about there jobs but was a much better company when it was employee owned. They need a hole knew human resource department. If your not in the click in non union jobs dont bother you wont go anywhere. Very sad
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Human resource
Easy going place to work
Welder (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WINovember 1, 2018
Very easy going place to work.reasonable pay and benefits. Continuing education, and advancement within the company. A willingness to train people in their working environment.
I Like
Painter (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCOctober 20, 2018
Great Place to work, beneficial for those who like to work with a team of employees who maintain a positive work atmosphere and reinforce that grouping together to identify problems and creating solutions in regards to production work flow. I highly recommend
fast paced place to work with friendly people
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WI 54476September 18, 2018
a typical day at work is fast paced and also challenging. you learn many different things throughout the work day. the management is as helpful as they can be.
Save yourself the trouble!
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WISeptember 16, 2018
Management at this company is cutthroat and dishonest.
Don't work here if you don't have to. Company used to be family owned but once the family backed out the culture and management went downhill fast.
If you aren't in someone's clique at this place, you will not only go nowhere, you won't last very long. Being in a clique here requires you to consistently cover for management lies and deception.
If you notice a way to improve a process or fix something, don't mention it to your manager because they will consider it a reflection on themselves (rather than just wanting to improve something) and they will be sure you are ignored and then find ways to get rid of you. Thankfully I was able to get out on my own terms.
Pros
Pay was decent for the area.
Cons
Management are Dishonest and
A Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WISeptember 10, 2018
This is my second time back with Greenheck and I've grown to love the company even more! Greenheck is a great place to work with equally great people working there. They also do a lot of positive philanthropic work for their community which says a lot about the companies strong set of morals.
Bittersweet
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  3rd Shift ProductionSeptember 7, 2018
Great place to work as long as you are in the union. Managers are not union protected and are expendable.
I was employed in the union for 18 years. Near perfect attendance, solely focused on the company's best interest.
Two years out of the union and was let go in less than 2 minutes. Not needed anymore.
Pros
Decent pay, not physically demanding
Cons
Culture is not a priority, not family oriented
very nice place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WIAugust 25, 2018
great company to work! Only cons is working 2nd or 3rd shift. They have alot of incentives to work overtime if you wish too but the great thing is it is not mandatory, all on a voluntary basis
Great entry role
Sales Engineer/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2018
Greenheck takes care of their employees, trains them very well on the technical aspects of their products and does their best to put you in a place to succeed.
Fun and easy
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJune 21, 2018
Greenheck was a decent place to work. It has its flaws, but it's not too bad. Good people to work with and a great work environment. Every job is easy to learn.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No fault policies
n/a
Material Handler, Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 18, 2018
my experience with Greenheck was not the best. Management was never held accountable and they were quick to criticize. The general work environment was pleasant, I enjoyed my coworkers.
Fun and safe environment. Always learning on the job and extending your knowledge
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIMay 29, 2018
Typical day at work included checking and answering emails from the previous night that came in after hours. After answering emails we begin building, imaging and troubleshooting hardware, software and phone issues that came through emails from end users. Receiving work requests from end users and fixing in a timely matter. Inventory in checked weekly and ordered accordingly. Keeping track of hardware that is configured for the end users and charging the hardware to the correct department. About one hour a day my group would meet together to discuss occuring issues and discuss the most proficient cost effective way to troubleshoot and fix to avoid future issues. Other discussions included researching new equipment that would help replace older equipment.

I came into the job with basic knowledge of the IT field. Mainly hardware and software. While on the job it was like school. Everyday there was something to learn. We were able to test new equipment and software as needed to get the experience needed. Also customer support was a main goal for me. Before going to college i worked in customer service for a total of 4 to 5 years and took pride in relating to the customer and emphasizing with them as well.

Management at Greenheck is top notch. They are always asking what they can do to make our job easier. Another great aspect- management would set up one on ones to ask if we had any ideas ourselves that could help make the work process better and more efficient. This I respected. It showed that management cared about our thoughts and ideas. Also, during the one on ones
  more... management would ask how our life is outside of work, this showed me that they were really sincere about our personal life along with our life at work.Management would also take us out to lunch about once a month for jobs well done and to just conversate like we were all friends.

Our workplace always had games and friendly challenges where anyone interested could sign up going on. This made the workplace culture fun and always challenging in the best way. Some include cribbage challenges which anyone could sign up for with rewards at the end for the top 3 winners, sand bag tosses, fitbit health challenges, potlucks and many other events. Greenheck is very health oriented, once a year we held a health fair which you could bring family members to see all the different stands e.g. dentists, bicycles, Medical, Life Insurance, Retirement Plans.
Most stands also had games you could play to win different prizes and almost all stand had free samples, shirts and more you could get.

The toughest part of this job was during school breaks when interns would start coming back or first starting. This being the hardest because they would be hired in very large groups. We would be told ahead of time and receive the equipment lists of what would be needed for each individual in their department. Once we received PC build and software information needed we would begin the builds. Sometimes 70 to 100 at a time. It wasn't the actual builds, it was the volume of the builds. Because we needed this done fast, other builds for end users would take longer than they normally would. It would be stressful at times but the team I worked with we made it fun to reduce the stress which help every move fast and smooth.

Most enjoyable part of this job was the people. We all worked well together and made the job fun and enjoyable. We shared the workload as much as we could
Pros
Free lunches with management. Fun and friendly contests to make to workloads fun and fast
Cons
Short staffed at times which made charing workloads more difficult
A great place to work.
Newex Fan Assembler (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIMarch 6, 2018
I came to work on time every day. Performed my duties and went home. I enjoyed the job security and the knowledge I gained.I learned many thing in the 18 years I was employed there. I miss the job but life has chosen a different direction for me.
loved it
production (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 1, 2018
i loved working at greenheck fan corp. the team leads were very laid back and helpful, some of the supervisors actually cared about the opinions of the production workers.
Pros
good pay, hours, benifits, atmosphere
Cons
union based
Excellent place to work. Privately held company that cares about their employees and the community.
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 21, 2018
A world class manufacturer that overtakes the competition by working smarter not harder. They are serious about keeping their employees and vendors safe and happy. I learned 2 skilled trades first as a Tool and Die Maker also a Maintenance Mechanic. They trained me in leadership and personal communication. I loved the creativity and working with teams to improve the processes. I thought the hard part was going to work at the same location every day for so many years. Now that I have been driving all over town fighting traffic I really miss it. Greenheck is like a very large family. They treat their employees like owners.
Pros
Good wages and benefits. Family friendly.
Cons
Some work is repetitive.
Great People
Designer II (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WIFebruary 7, 2018
Great work environment! Staff is extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Work hours are flexible and they always put family first.Great benefits, but employee compensation is lacking.
Pros
Great Team Building activities
Cons
Pay is not competative
Great work enviroment and coworkers
Machine/press op., stockman, balancer, utility (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I was able to work in many different departments and most areas I worked on my own. I was trained on different equipment. the only difficulty I had was the shift.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
shift
Fast-paced environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJanuary 28, 2018
Their turnover rate was high and there wasn't much formal training for the position. I felt like I could have done much better if I had received better training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenheck Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about