Greenhill School Employee Reviews

Review
US Art Instructor & Fine Arts Equity (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 24, 2019
Work environments are good. Employees tend to stay for long amounts of time and benefits are competative with today's markets. Students are hard working and the school makes efforts to strive for the best.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
"Adjunct" Coach (long tenure)
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 15, 2019
A place where the coaches that kids love and respect are treated like nobodies. Majority of part time coaches aren't giving any opportunities outside of the part time position they already have. Great place to get your career started if you need to do so, but expect nothing more than that. Use it as a stepping stone and move forward in your career
Pros
Good kids, time to grow in career
Cons
Culture, lack of support, and many other things
Great school
Head of tutoring program (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2018
This is what a school should look like .. I do feel like everyone was underpaid though .. The culture and children are what made this school worth it .. very progressive for Dallas.
I was a student
Maintenance Staff (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 10, 2018
I worked at Greenhill for one summer upon graduation as a member of the maintenance staff, so I can’t necessarily speak for those who have sought a true career there. As a graduate, though, I can say that a significant plurality of my teachers seemed quite fulfilled and will likely continue to work at Greenhill for the foreseeable future and enjoy doing so.
Questionable culture regarding minorities and transparency
Substitute Teacher/Basketball Coach/Private Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2018
It's a great school on paper, but very difficult to deal with in the manner in which they manage relationships with minority students and faculty. If you are a minority, I would strongly suggest looking elsewhere. While it is a safe zone which is accepting of almost all people, the way in which the faculty is treated from the top is in certain ways what would be accepted as the pettiness of a typical high school relationship. Not a place one would want to be long term, as leadership is (for lack of a better term) shady with certain employment conditions, in addition to certain forms of nepotism. The kids are great, but otherwise one can do better.
Pros
great campus, generally good kids, nice facilities
Cons
poor leadership, treatment of minorities
maintenance
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Worked as maintenance crew during the summer. Fairly easy job, seeing as I also went to school here...
Typically, we'd just take out broken desks from classrooms, re-paint anything that had to be touched up and clean around campus.
Fantastic campus and friendly staff
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 27, 2013
I was impressed with the knowledge of the faculty, the drive of the students, and the beauty of the campus.
Technology Department
network tech (Former Employee) –  Addison, TexasMarch 14, 2012
The technology department of Greenhill School is one of the most dynamic, supportive work environments I have ever experienced. Greenhill School is a highly progressive place, in culture, attitude, and willingness to bring education to the finest technology.
Pros
supportive environment