Greenpeace

Greenpeace Employee Reviews

Good place to start, learn, and grow. Amazing culture with a great purpose. The people really care about the mission of the organization and the Executive Director is good.
Pros
Benefits, Work
Cons
Pay
super white place, had to work extra hard as a Black person. when i reached managerial level people didnt want to listen to me. Best part was the PTO. I barely came in at the end. laid me off due to covid 19
totally wolves in sheeps clothing pretending to be after the same thing, while the ground just begs people to fund the people at the top to be able to take these vacations and "promote" have fun and pretend to cause social disturbances to add to brand recognition. It is a joke that offers no benefit or true mission statement that changes anything but just preys on peoples emotions to help fund a liveleyhood instead of truly offering a service or product that actually helps solve a problem or benefit to the consumer. I wish they did not kick me to the curb over one missed sale quota as I would have liked to see a little more of the upper ranks work with other factions of the org. Oh well what a waste.
Pros
Learn that homeless begging is more honor then begging for whales nobody will see in their lives.
Cons
to many to count, as their are no pros
You're replaceable. Don't forget it. Convince others to care about the world we live in. And then take their money. Dont forget its monthly. The cause is great, the execution could be better.
The only problem is that working for the nonprofit is basically like working a sales position, except if you don't make a certain amount of memberships within two weeks, you will be fired. So the pay is okay and the benefits are good, but when there is the constant stress that you wont make the day's quota, there is a massive strain that makes the job unsustainable. I did the job for 9 months until my nerves got the best of me. But if you have a strong constitution and are very good at sales, this is an adventurous job filled with good people.
Pros
Traveling, Benefits
Cons
Quotas
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I was a street canvasser, in the 3 months I worked there, i saw so many good people leave, at least 25. I made quota but they found a way to terminate me for "not making quota" by making something up. They wanted me gone when i I disagreed with there ways of manipulating old ladies crying cuz they have nothing to give, and not taking "no" for an answer. Ive been scolded for respecting peoples boundaries, & not treating them like a $ sign. Marrissa & Sole are not good people (like who they pretend to be) ive seen them take advantage of some good employees. The memberships they have u selling cant be cancelled, & everyone including my manager had to sign "members" up from their own families & friends just to keep their jobs.
Pros
The pay is nice.
Cons
No job security, hostile/toxic work environment, lying for money.
I learned a lot and worked with really friendly people. Everything about the work was fun, a bit challenging at times but not too difficult. Management was nice and the LA team was friendly, the only worry was having to meet a quota but they are pretty forgiving and do everything they can to give you an opportunity to make up for it.
Pros
Fun people, doing something good for the world, decent pay, great experience
Cons
Have to meet quotas
An internship at GP is not your typical internship. Expect to be fully integrated into whatever team you will be working with and be presented with many interesting opportunities for learning and growth.
Pros
learning is encouraged, great feedback system, workplace culture, ability to do work independently
I worked over at greenpeace for a few months. This job consists of canvassing the life out of ya! You switch between door to door canvassing, based off of previous greenpeace members, asking them to rejoin & also thank the current members. Some days you will be at a mall street canvassing, utc, fashion valley, Balboa park (asking people to sign up to give a monthly donation of $15 or more to greenpeace aside from me having kids and it being a job that really takes up most of your time it was nice, but just not right for me as I said I have a family you are there fromsunrise to sundown and yes the benefits are amazing, you would probably have to be single or the you probably hav e to be single for a job like this Because you will have no life outside of it job security is whack you have to meet a quota every single week with not meeting the quota, your job will be on the line You can get let go they will fire you for not meeting quota a good things is that you can quit before not meeting the quota & reapply shortly after but if you get let go, they will have to reapply 6 months later
Pros
Super fun, different locations, meeting new people
Cons
Job security, quota, stress
Nordic offices consist of bullying, harassment and lax leadership. The bad leaders employ their friends and spreads fear . Join any other org or movement!
Truly a job you feel energized to report to everyday. I have long lasting friendships with interesting and remarkable people from around the world who I still stay in contact with to this day
Pros
Travel, focus on important issues and life changing work.
Cons
Some of the programs I worked for became eliminated.
I saw Greenpeace as a great place to get my start in the nonprofit world and I do still feel that way, but many of my other attitudes towards the organization has changed. There is plenty of opportunity to move up, I got promoted twice within a few months. GP started out with great leadership but has steadily been declining. The reason why I am no longer particularly a fan of the or id because They recently furloughed my entire department in mass calls in the middle of a pay period. Meaning our severance pay was a half a paycheck. It went against a lot f what GP taught me and was very jarring.
Greenpeace was, by far, the best work experience I have ever had. The culture is incredible, management is awesome, and my job was beyond meaningful and full of purpose. This is an exciting, fun, and fulfilling place to work.
I chose to work as a canvasser for Greenpeace because I feel very strongly about protecting the environment and I wanted to make a difference, as I'm sure many individuals who work for Greenpeace do. However, I left after just two months because my experience at this job left me feeling depressed and cynical. Meeting so many indifferent people both door-to-door and on the street, many of whom were quite wealthy but would not give a dime, opened my eyes to the disgusting truth of socioeconomic inequality and I left with a sinking feeling that our planet would be destroyed because it seemed that a lot of people don't care enough or aren't educated enough to really tackle this problem. This is a hard job to do if you aren't prepared to be either ignored or outright rejected sometimes hundreds of times a day. There is a quota, too, and if you fail to meet that quota two weeks in a row you are fired. I was constantly stressed with the lack of job security, which was hard for me to cope with. However, if you make it past those few months you do get more job security which is nice, but many people don't make it past those first couple weeks. You also have three days of training during which period you have to get three memberships to staff. One positive about this job was the amazing management and the amazing people I worked with. I made a lot of close friendships while I worked here and I felt I fit right in. All of my co-workers were so encouraging and I could really look to them for moral support. Also, the feeling of selling a membership is undeniably a good feeling, despite - more...
Pros
Friendly co-workers, supportive management, good cause/mission
Cons
Changing work location, quota, lack of job security, very difficult
I was young and had spunk when I first graduated and Greenpeace was the perfect place for me. I'm thankful for all the opportunities it has brought to me.
I love all that the company stands for and works to improve in our world. The morals of the company and the support from everyone in the office was fantastic.
The office is very diverse and working as a team can be very fun. I love how meetings are done and how interactive it is. it can be very challenging in times of ship tours and iconic battle campaigns
Pros
diversity in the team
Cons
little opportunity for advancement
It was fun working with a very diverse group of people who were fun and passionate spreading awareness on our environmental issues. Management was organized and always ready to help
This job allows you to get outside and talking to people while saving mother earth! Very rewarding job that pays well for the work you do. I definitely recommend it!
This is a very rewarding job to have but my only concerns were canvassing late at night in the dark by yourself. I found this very dangerous knocking on people’s door at 9pm trying to get a membership sale. Nice people to work with but if you don’t make a sale every week you get fired.
Days of door-to-door canvassing were sometimes long and arduous but also rewarding. Culture was laid back and fun but employee turnover was relatively high.
  1. Employee Reviews