Greensheet Media Employee Reviews

Great company!
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
Fantastic place to work! Fantastic staff and management! Great products and services! Caring staff and management. Wonderful opportunities to grow. Love Greensheet!
Work for free
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMay 25, 2018
They promise you 10 a hr what they don't say is that you are paid minimum wage in between houses. Your basically only paid like 20 a house and you work like a slave for so little. They take a ton out of your first paycheck and the trainers are all fat and lazy and get over on the trainees by making them do all the hard stuff.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Everything else.
Deliver Greensheet,& show case homes.
driver/delivery (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 12, 2017
I loved this job I only worked 2 days a week and got paid about the same as a 7 day a week job. And my boss was the greatest. He was nice, fun, and most of all understanding !
Great
Classifid Ad Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2017
This was a great place to work. It was a great working enviorment. The people were great and I had fun. I only left because I needed a job closer to home.
Best part of the job
Community Marketing Coordinator & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2017
My direct manager was excellent. She provided me with the flexibility and management that made my job very enjoyable. Upper management seemed out of touch with employees.
Greensheet
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
I wanted to grow with the company but they downsized within months of my onboarding. I was a driver for this company. The only issue I had was our trucks were very outdated and did not have A/C. For someone in Houston employed in the Summer months this was much needed.
Good
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2016
Good Job security wasn't great I was laid off but the pay was good and the commute to and from work was great downtown area, and great working environment. Best management Team
Greensheet Brings you Headaches
Classified Advertisement Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2016
Although the managers and coworkers are a wonderful blend here, the work can be mind-numbing. Too often, your writing ability will be used to truncate the most simple of ideas, and rude customers can be a bane on those not used to being able to do anything except agree and work diligently to make them happy.
Great Atmosphere
CLASSIFIED AD REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
If The Greensheet had competitive pay and/or room to grow I would have never left. I still remain close to many from the Greensheet family. I would even consider going back should any of the above change.
Pros
Great environment, benefits, and people.
Cons
Caps on commission, too many changes in job description.
It used to be good until last year
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2016
Before the internet things used to be great. We made lots of money. Then people wanted something cheaper and better. Everyone noticed except the owners. Then came lay offs and insurance going through the roof. They act like its our fault they are losing so much money. We haven't got raises in years. Managers watching down your neck. People don't want to pay so much so the paper gets smaller all the time. Don't know how long it will last. Good people leave and the rest of us are stuck here. we train new sales people then they are gone. Why?Nobody wants to be fired next for saying anything. We are too stressed and afraid.
Pros
Security keeps the homeless out and watches our cars
Cons
New people don't stay. Lots of turnover
Not a bad company, but out of date products
Media and Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
No one uses the Greensheet enough to justify their prices. It use to be a great product, but now it is a waste of money. Work there is ok if you like sales but there are a lot of objections to overcome everyday.
Family Oriented
Fun Co-Workers
Sales Driven
Rewarding for hardwork
Good benefits
It was a pleasure to work there.
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
It was a pleasure to work there. I had a great experience there to grow and met some wonderful people.

It was my first time working in the print and advertising industry I

was exposed to a lot of new ideas and learned a whole lot as well.
Was not the place for me
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2015
The Greensheet, at the time I was there, lacked strong leadership. There was high turnover. Pay and benefits were below average for the industry.
Pros
located near downtown, convenient to the McGowen rail stop
Cons
low pay, low benefits
self motivated casual working environment
Lead Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Weekly billing cycle and accounting cycle are different than most of the other companies, so when the closing day were falling into a holiday, the pressure is pretty heavy.
Design + Fun + All Day
Graphic Designer F/T (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day at The Greensheet consists of a very laid back atmosphere with comical co-workers. I learned to build Newspaper Ads through Xpance & took Lynda.com online Designer courses. Their management gives employees the freedom to make their own mature work decisions. The Hardest but a fun part about the job is developing Speed to make sure & meet daily deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting to work on Print Jobs for individual clients.
Pros
Marketing / Print Jobs
Cons
No Logo Design allowed
The Greensheet was a fun place to work, unfortuantly the management team was inconstistant.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
A day at the Greensheet started with breakfast with really cool co-workers, we would speak of how our evenings went, what funny customers we encountered the day before and what customers we would attempt to reach throughout the day. The hardest part of our days would be dealing with difficult customers, which sometimes would also be the funniest part of the day. What the Greensheet taught me was to be patient with people because you never know what an person is dealing with emotionally.
Pros
Joking with others, to make the time past, talking to different people daily
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Competative and energetic workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2014
I loved being able to greet the customers that came in and put a smile on peoples faces. I learned to be fast, accurate, and dependable to my co-workers for I was a floater and covered many positions in a day.
Pros
Competitions, group teams
Cons
personal
Debt Free and Female Owed Company
Media Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2014
Family oriented, Great Medical Benefits Package! Free Parking
fun workplace people willing to train
Press Helper/Jogger/Roll Tender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2014
always willing to show me anything when i asked them to show me if i didn't know or if i wanted to advance in position,but the manager wouldn't accept my vacation time when i asked him and says if i don't show up i wont have a job even though i had vacation time built up.
Pros
during lunch break guys would help me practice to advance in position
Cons
management really didn't us into consideration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greensheet Media. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about