Greenville Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I like working here
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 10, 2018
I really do like GHS, it's a comfortable place to work, with great services, great people to work with and some of the best doctors and nurses around. And they have a great children's hospital and camp courage for the children who have illnesses
Ghs
Simpsonville (Former Employee) –  SimpsonvilleJuly 6, 2018
Responsible for food preparation for hot and cold food, desserts according to the standards and recipes, serving patients, cafeteria
and catering as required. Use all of kitchen equipment as needed, handling foods to patients as required, use the provided healthcare interface as Vocera and tablets for handling orders or contact health team, controlling inventory for stored foods and
business management.
Its a nursing home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 3, 2018
CNAs are overworked, understaffed, unappreciated. They kept CNAs around that did not provide care for there residents. I spent most of my time outside of work feeling bad for the care that was given.
Great Police Department
POLICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCJuly 2, 2018
I truly loved my job with the GHS Police Dept. The supervisors, as well as fellow officers were great. I have no cons about working for that agency.
Pros
Excellent job and supervisors.
Cons
None.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCJune 27, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. The owner of the company is a upright man. My coworkers are the best people alive. My salary was not that good. The facility I worked at was very up to date.
The moral was great , staffing was good.
Phlebotomist/Out Patient Lab Professional (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 21, 2018
The supervisor made every one feel like a person ,moral was good everyone got along, monthly birthday recognition, after hour events. Supervisor was awesome, chipped in with us asking.
Pros
Birthdays, great staff
Cons
Long hours, work loads.
required
Charge Nurse, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 20, 2018
Large hospital to work for, employees generally satisfied, growing rapidly. Like any place, politics do take place, and my only negative complaint would be that sometimes the positions are already promised before they are even posted, so people are interviewing and wasting their time. Other than that, good place to work.
Very Busy Office
Medical Physician Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 14, 2018
I love working in the medical office, Checked Clients in and verified the insurance information, Answered phones, Scheduled appointments, Made copies of pertinent Information to be entered into their Medical Charts, Ordered Supplies, Cleaned lobby, Scanned cards Etc. Enjoyed meeting new clients.
Pros
Free Lunches, Early Fridays
Challenging and fast-paced
Telemetry Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 12, 2018
GHS is a large, competitive hospital and healthcare system in the heart of Greenville, SC. Challenging positions are available, work that is hard but for the most part feels as if one has made a difference. Tuition reimbursement is good. Bedside care is fast-paced, mentally challenging and sometimes frustrating. Management listens on some level, changes are slow. For the most part the staff works as a team. Would recommend this as a workplace.
Pros
Good pay, good work variety and teamwork
Cons
long hours, sometimes no breaks
Good Place to work
Clerical Charge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 12, 2018
Good place to work, gain skills and knowledge. Work days are typically easy going. Management work with you. My department is small but we get the job done. Hardest part is advancing.
produtive and fun work place
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 11, 2018
productive and good workplace with gyn place to workout and farmacy inside the hospital and credit union and good coworkes and people to work at the hospital
Pros
free lunch and chirsmas and tankguiven day
Cons
Productive and education feedback excels
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 11, 2018
This workplace culture encourages growth and innovative ideas to challenges welcoming curiosity. Truly the hardest part of the job is the quantity of work assigned without the number of staff to follow thru and succeed.
Pros
Wonderful manager with outstanding work ethics
Cons
Oppressive work load
Wonderful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 7, 2018
Loved working for GHS. Great doctors, Great nurses, Great patients.Management team was great. Good balance for work and family life. Many facilities spread throughout Greenville.
not a great place to work
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 6, 2018
I did not like working here. management was horrible. the hours were not good for me. it was a very hard place to work. I was promise a transfer and if it weren't for another job opening up I would have been with out a job
Hospital System was Ok
Revue Integrity Auditor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 6, 2018
The hospital system was ok but the pay was not that great. I made more money working remotely as a consultant. I had a great manager there. The benefits were great.
Great company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJune 5, 2018
Needs to have more enormous outreach for employee to rate their manager .Management in each department make the atmosphere. One bad apple can ruin a bunch
Unfortunate
RN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 5, 2018
Unfortunately some of management has become very clicky with their appointment of supervisors and charge nurses. It’s disheartening because there are many of us that would be great for the positions as well but we are overlooked time and time again.
Growing pains
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 4, 2018
Because GHS is currently acquiring more health systems, they are working over budget and therefore letting go key people. The morale, especially with in information services, is very low. There are also too many levels of management that end up conflicting and causing projects to run much longer than necessary.
Enjoyed tremendously the people I worked with and felt then I really was making a difference in the health of the patients
Medical lab technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 4, 2018
My main goal of helping our patients was accomplished. Enjoy the people I worked with. Worked primarily on my own or with one other person and enjoy the freedom to make decisions that I knew we're within my skill level.
Pros
Helping to improve the condition of our patients
Cons
Too many chiefs
The job I have at the hospital is straight forward and not too hard can get challenging at times but it all depends on the worker mind set.
Patient Observer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 1, 2018
Everyone is friendly! I work night shift so for the most part my nights go by pretty fast most patients be sleep during the night. So smooth nights it be