Greenville Health System Employee Reviews

Fun place but has issues
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2019
Working there I learned alot about how a hospital lab works. There was always work to do which made the time go fast. The hardest part about the job was the rumors, false accusations and the gossip that seemed to happen all the time, The manager was good at making sure the job got done but when it came to the accusations she always believed the employee that had been there the longest not giving the other person a chance to explain what really happened.
Pros
Alot of hard work but fun
Cons
Gossip, no pay raises
Great coworkers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 20, 2019
The other staff are great and know how to work as a team in order to manage time and patient safety. The job is fine, but the company and what it stands for is beginning to diminish as time goes on. The higher up staff, managers, etc. are beginning to care more about numbers and money rather than employees or even patients. With that it makes it difficult for us as staff to appropriately do our jobs and care for our patients safely.
too political
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 16, 2019
The job itself was not bad and the coworkers I had were great. The problem was that management gave into company politics and favorites quickly emerged. Patient load was always too much since we were understaffed most days. Policies were enforced when it benefited the company, not the employee.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
12 hr shifts, no say in schedule for the most part as PRN
Great Workplace
Switchboard Point & Phys Prac Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 13, 2019
I worked for the Cardiology Practice, which had 27 physicians. Owned by the GHS hospital. Absolutely loved EVERYTHING about this workplace.When I left to move out of area, they had a wonderful team in place. hated to go.Highly recommend!
Pros
Many
Cons
Na
Over worked
TECH (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 9, 2019
Work 12hrs a day. Not enough staff and not enough pay for Techs. Compare to the work techs have to do they should get paid more. 15 years experience and only get paid 11.54 per hour compare to sone one who had 8 years experience who was getting 14.00 per hour.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Bad pay
Working in medical records, processing patient charts and entering them into the system electronically.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 25, 2019
I enjoyed this fast paced environment. I enjoyed working with the patient's charts. I learned a lot from this job. I also enjoyed assisting the nurses with information they needed.
Pros
I gained a lot of knowedge in medical aspects, which has always been interesting to me.
Cons
There was a lot of pressure on all of us most of the time due to the fact that we were on production, We had to be fast and still be accurate.
Former employee
No longer employee (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 17, 2019
I stayed as long as I did because I loved my co workers!! Greer Memorial is overwhelming place to work, if you work for the icu Mgt and have family medical leave if absence, you might as well have a target on your back! I do hope god repays them for their unkindly deeds!
Pros
Coworker are like family
Cons
Mgt sucks
Wonderful place to work
Physician Practice Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 16, 2019
GHS is a wonderful place to work. You work with quality team members who care just as much about the patient as you do. You feel inspired when taking care of the patients. It can be difficult to meet requirements but it is always rewarding.
Worst place to work
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 3, 2019
Very worst place to work.low salary no raise, bad and unprofessional HR and management,they dont have respect for employees.work almost every holidays and weekends but they pay just for 3 holidays per year,you must buy uniform and pay for washing,very dirty hospital.now they save money everywhere because is new system prizma system.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Excellent workplace ethics
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 2, 2019
Great management, co-workers were team players. Always room for advancement and education. Worked on oncology unit, difficult at times but self-rewarding.
It's a job..
Visitor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 31, 2019
Management poor, coworkers are lazy and are quick to try to report stuff to HR about the manager when she doesn't do what they say. Everyone worries about PRN employees when they barely know their own schedule IF they show up, and FT employees who have been their for years never pick up any OT or extra hours and fuss when others don't pick any up. The manager is scared to speak up and let's them run over her.
Overall, staff work well together and management does their best to main a healthy work environment.
HOSPITAL SOCIAL WORKER CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 26, 2019
I believe the Greenville Health System is wonderful place grow both professionally and personally. I love my job and enjoy the staff and the patients that I work with. We truly try to focus on patient care and work to ensure that patients/families have a safe discharge plan.
Good Place
Enviromental Services (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 21, 2019
Cleaned patient rooms and enjoyed talking to the patient along with their family members. Hospital staff worked well together and made the shift go by quickly.
I have been with the system for past 8.5 years and to this day I love working for the system
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 18, 2019
I work on the pulmonary medicine floor and typically the floor is very busy and we stay full. I love it on my floor because of my manager on the floor and unity with my coworkers. We are melting pot due to cultural diversity on our floor. I mentor new orientees, nursing students and nursing assistance. The hardest part of the work is the work itself but it flows smoothly due to our team work and knowledge of the job. Most enjoyable part of the job is out unity and team work we share. I am proud to be an employee of the GHS and is looking forward to continue to work with GHS
Employee Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2019
Good management and team work. Great work-life balance! Good benefits packages. Wish there were more discounts for restaurants in my area. Employee Health is a low stress environment.
Pros
Benefits, Work-life balance, Pto
Cons
Travel, minimal discounts in rural areas of the health system
Overall good / need more pto / better benefits
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 12, 2019
Overall a good place to work. Needs more pto and holiday pay for the staff. Needs more room for advancement. Needs a team that will encourage you to advance.
good work environment
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 4, 2019
Greenville Health System is a great company to work with, they do their best to work with their employees and maintain a happy and healthy work environment
Only intereted in becoming a monopoly in the upstate
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 3, 2019
I absolutely LOVED my job and my patients despite the work environment created by charge nurses and allowed to happen by the manager. Patient care is NOT the focus, teaching the nurses to document in such a way that will help the hospital receive the maximum reimbursement possible is the focus. Advocating for patients is discouraged. Reporting nurses who are liked by the manager results in retaliation. You are never told “good job”, just called regarding something you messed up. The culture of lateral violence by nurses is ignored by management. Most everyone has a good heart and are very hard workers but a few bad apples ruin the bunch.
Pros
Wide variety of patients on my floor, loved my schedule
Cons
Lateral violence is ALIVE AND WELL! Place cares more about money!
Nice place to work. I would recommend there to other people.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 2, 2019
I really enjoyed working there. So much to learn and do. I was fresh out of high school but I really liked it. Great place. I couldn't stay cause of another job came open for me.
Cons
environment rules by threats and intemidation
ER Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 31, 2019
system does not treat employees fairly who perform their jobs when directed by staff members. no support. can not get another health care job because they rule the upstate
Pros
its a good paying job
Cons
if you do not work there or quit you will not get hired anywhere