Greenville Technical College Employee Reviews

It was a place to work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 21, 2019
I enjoyed helping the students many of whom wanted to learn. Always do your best no matter if its appreciated or not.
Be creative and kind and hope to be treated fairly by all.
Medium
Academic Tutor/ Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 15, 2019
Easy going. Daily interaction with students, parents, vendors, staff and public. Heavy customer service duties. Service excellence is a must. Great place for students looking for part time position. Lack of career advancement.
It was rewarding to discuss effective writing and reading skills.
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 6, 2019
I find discussing writing technique and grammar to be very rewarding. Also, editing and critiquing student essays made me a better editor and writer. The hardest part of my job is when I am unable to connect with a student or to steer him toward success in my classroom. A typical day includes preparing for class lecture and interacting with students as a class and as individuals. Our management style is informal and mostly hands off. I find Greenville Tech's workplace culture to be oriented toward helping our students to meet their learning objectives. Our goal is to help our students pass their classes and either advance into a four-year school or into the workforce. A lot of attention is paid to policies that enhance diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Interacting with a diverse group of people.
Cons
Dealing with student failure.
GTC is a interesting place to work. Its better if you know someone. In my department you only talk to people when they need something.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2019
At GTC you are required to wear a t-shirt, smock or a polo shirt in the custodial department. Each employee has a routine. I get emails daily about things that need to be done or things that may have gotten missed. Every week a building inspection is done. Sometimes we have training on computers. GTC is a good place to work if you are trying to work and go to school. Its laid back. You can take a class for free once a semester.
Pros
Benefits and insurance. Classes and certificates.
Cons
Only get paid 1 time a month.
Great Place to work
Instructor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 21, 2019
I really enjoy working here. Great folks. Would recommend this work place to others. I don't have more to write since there are many places I have worked.
Greenvile
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 28, 2019
Great place to be at would recommend it to anyone 10 out of 10 I'm a current student there and I've liked being the staff are great and nice great place
I enjoyed working at Greenville Technical College.
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working at Greenville Technical College for over 2 years.
I enjoyed working with excellent co-workers. I loved the environment that I worked in.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Backing Envelopes
Private office with large window
Procurement Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 6, 2019
I assist employees on how to procure items against the SC Procurement code. I enjoy working and helping individuals to get a solution to what they need or what they are trying to accomplish.
Pros
self managed
Cons
no opportunity for career advancement
Too Much Red tape
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 13, 2018
My review for Greenville Tech is that I did enjoy my job as the Testing Center Coordinator, however the politics behind the doors are not acceptable. The difficult part is not being able to make decisions that you are given authority to do. There is no support from higher levels of leadership, yet you are left to do and hope that you are making right decisions. The most important part of working here, is that there is no formal training for the position, however you are trained extensively for the cross-culture of the school.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Not at liberty to do your job.
Comfortable workplace. Faculty is collaborative
ADJUNCT ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC 29615November 6, 2018
As an adjunct faculty member I have enjoyed working at Greenville Tech. I have been working as an adjunct for 2years now and enjoy the environment very much.
Pros
Assistance from administrative staff is very good.
Cons
Communication can sometimes be very challenging.
Good work
Nashville (Former Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 23, 2018
Good Work with the good Atmosphere and also good staff and work location is healthy and it is very good to work the manager and co workers and location is very near and can get any kind of transportation
Productive and stable environment
Administrative Coordinator II (HRIS Manager) (Former Employee) –  506 S Pleasantburg Drive; Greenville, SC 29607October 22, 2018
Greenville Technical College is a wonderful place to work with great benefits. Everyday is a busy day. There are opportunities to advance in your career. The college provides wide variety of professional development courses.
Good place
Administrative Specialist II - (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 4, 2018
Good place to work; potential to learn a lot and interact with various people. You can learn about the educational system of the state of South Carolina too
education
Academic Program Director (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 7, 2018
• Managing the instructional, administrative, and curriculum/assessment functions of the applied associate degree/ diploma/ certificate program
• Teach program courses, advise program students, supervise adjunct faculty members, manage the program’s budget, assess and develop the program’s curriculum, and market the program to community organizations, high schools, and business and industry.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
student preparation
Nice place to work for a short term
Adjunct Instructor of Biology (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 16, 2018
Administration is inflexible and doesn't want teachers who can see the bigger picture or won't place them selves into their corporate mold. There are some excellent teachers there and some first rate educators. They don't foster an atmosphere of academia that you would expect for a college of its size. And it is a very large school with an undergraduate enrollment that is about equal to (or larger) that of Clemson. They need to focus on becoming a four year university with research projects and grants to match its size.
Pros
Welcoming, helpful co-workers, mosttly motivated students
Cons
Poor office space and equipment, unrealistic educational goals and standards
was great while i was there
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 6, 2018
20 years ago, it was a lot smaller than it is now. My experience from back then was nothing but happy and I cherish the chance to work there when I did.
I worked for both curriculum and continuing ed
AutoCAD Instructor - Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 18, 2018
in 1993 I made $20 per hour teaching and curriculum. In 2009 I made $22 per hour teaching in curriculum. my pay raises in continuing ed were more often, about $5 an hour every 5 years.
A very basic beginning job.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 1, 2018
This is a college custodial position. The hours are standard for the average everyday employee. Pay is sub-par for the work that takes to maintain a college.

Since this was a custodial position the work load is light, and the environment is relaxed. Everyone knows everyone, and get along well with each other.

Highly recommend this kind of job if your desperately need a foot in the job market or need work experience.
Pros
Relaxed setting, tons of down time to work on school work, and a cheerful environment.
Cons
This is custodial work which involves taking out the trash, cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, and vacuuming.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 12, 2018
the typical day would be dealing with a student that were single parents. making sure that the students got their checks, filing and clerical work. keeping up with students time cards.
Lots to do!
Dean (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 9, 2018
I was given a lot of opportunity and I was asked to do a lot. This allows you to grow and learn a lot about yourself and your colleagues. The College is still searching for its identity and that can cause some growing pains. Ultimately, it can be a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility, student interactions, colleagues, opportunities to learn
Cons
Culture and workload