Greenwood, Inc. Employee Reviews

Company needs help
Contractor Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 1, 2018
Company has no idea of what goes on at the sites they are responsible for, they have no kind of official training, other words you are on your own, they seem to want you to fail.
Impossible to adavance.
Pipe Fitter (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVMay 2, 2018
Anyone who has worked for Greenwood knows there is a buddy system, meaning it's about who you know and not about what you know. I've worked here a while now, management continually brings in friends that have less experience and pay them higher wages than everyone else.
Pros
2 weeks vacation after 5 years
Cons
poor leadership, claims of a set rate of pay, doesn't apply if you're a buddy of management.
July 26, 2018

GreenWood continues to strive to be a great employer and we focus on hiring the best fit and most qualified candidates for the positions we have available while offering competitive wages for the area.

Great Company
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCMarch 27, 2018
Working with Greenwood has been a pleasure thus far. Management is great and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people, especially helping people find job opportunities.
July 26, 2018

We are thankful for your feedback and appreciate all that you do to support the job site!!

Good place if you are just starting out good place to learn
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVFebruary 24, 2018
Bad Management poor job planning not enough equipment to work with . Hard to get pay raises also the more you do for them the more they expect . And they do not respect there workers
Pros
Good folks to work with
Cons
Poor mangement bad medical insurance
July 26, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We encourage our employees to speak with their Supervisor if they are seeking opportunities for growth. Together you can determine a path forward for career development and set progression as a goal. We certainly support and foster a learning environment for our employees at all levels.

Ok temporary service
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pace, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Decent wages, no benefits. always in danger of being laid off. contract job. not very personal with employees, felt like a number in a revolving door atmosphere
Pros
wages
Cons
benefits, temorary
There's not a place for zero stars
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 18, 2018
I don't recommend for any body to work at (Ge) Greenwood poor management they are snakes if they don't like you or you don't agree with them they will try to fire you . The employees have complaints against them and Greenwood Inc. Is covering up everything that they do. They mistreat there employees so if I was you do not apply to (Ge) Greenwood unless you like being miserable. Don't be brainwashed and think that this is a employee that had one bad experience cause you will be badly mistaken if you apply and wish you would of heed the warning . One more thing they will lie straight to your face over and over.
Pros
they will mistreat you
Cons
you will be miserable
Fast-paced enviroment, with a lot of competition.
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2018
Working for Greenwood would be like if i was getting ready to get a workout in. It was a very fast-paced job and you always to listen out for numbers being called. The hardest part of the job would be during the day when it started to get hot and you were out in the heat. The enjoyable part of this job is when the project is finished and it's at is finishing touch. Overall Greenwood is a good company for the field of construction.
very fair
Pipe Fitter/Welder Helper (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, WVFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoy working for Greenwood. They have been very fair to me. They have also kept me employed for the last two years which I appreciate. We have had luncheons and they have given us insentives.
Good place for hours ONLY.
Maintenance Technician and Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Hephzibah, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Its a dog eat dog world there. No security for your job. Overtime is good however, but the employees there make it not worth it at times. I enjoyed working maintanence and the experience I learned.
Poor management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Company has very poor management. Questioning those in charge will result in termination. If you are about sucking up rather than working, this is the place for you!
Pros
Cons
Management and corporate
Poor management.
Lead welder (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 19, 2017
Like doing my job and the people I worked with . Management is poor they have people in positions that have on experience or lack of leadership skills . Will not stand up for you !
Wonderful place to work. Great work life balance.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 22, 2017
Couldn’t ask for a better opportunity!! Training and development is available to advance my career! Management is supportive and approachable. Wonderful working environment!
Pros
Great benefits!! Good people!! Family owned!!
Material Handling
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 7, 2017
A typical work day is having a safety meeting first. Then we would inspect our forklifts before operating. The hardest part of the job is operating the lift in between some of the isles.
Pros
The hours are great
Cons
Working outside in the elements
The work was fine but management was non supportive.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 22, 2017
A typical day at work included maintaining forklift, checklists, staging materials at different stations at GE site for wind turbines assembly. Unboxing, uncrating and setting up materials for assemblers. Maintaining station cleanliness for safety.
1 year of work or so
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJuly 1, 2017
typical day was looking for parts to work with. the boss seemed to only tell one in the group what needed done most of the time, and belittled a lot when asked basic questions.. very poor communication between workers and management...
Pros
They did give out gift cards for safety audits, and provided luncheons for safe work
Cons
Poor inventory, as always you had those clicks, which i was not in, they pay is a little lower then what i had left, and they dont like giving raises
Productive Workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 25, 2017
Greenwood is a great company to work for. Flexible scheduling, great people, and wonderful technicians to work for. The job is very easy to learn, but you have to work hard to perfect the craft.
cut throat company that don't respect their employies
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  greenwood scMay 18, 2017
I was brought down here with no supervisor experience, was told that i was going to get adequate training, another supervisor came for an hour and a half, there was no communication, but a lot of cut throat, I have never been fired from any job until this one i will never recommend this company or their property to anyone.
Work hard, travel often
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJuly 28, 2016
You learn so much in this position. Get to travel to new places and meet so many different intelligent people.
Family Environment
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJuly 27, 2016
GreenWood is a small family oriented company, I worked there for three years and made genuine lifelong connections. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone. You do receive raises with out ever even having to ask for them.
Pros
Advancement oppurtiniites, quality people
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
good work environment
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 24, 2016
good place to work with a high standard for safety, as well as on the job training of new employees. The supervision in the different areas of the trades are in my opinon is of high quaility.
Pros
safety rewards
Cons
HR could use some more experience in there field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenwood, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.