Greenwood Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

Fun job
Rooms inspector (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 19, 2019
It’s a busy fast paced environment . I’m happy to have this job because the knowledge I’m getting here is great . I’m able to learn everything I need here.
Poor Managenent, Decent Benefits
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 12, 2019
After reading the other reviews on here I have to agree. This place is not somewhere i would recommend to Anyone. The managers don't care and everyday is a struggle just to be there because it's such a negative work environment. Definitely feels like I'm back in high school. When you go to a job that's the last thing you want to feel. The girls and sometimes managers go out of their way to humiliate you and make you feel like you can't do anything right. Now i will say they do have decent benefits but that's about it. This is definitely a lesson learned. The reason I applied is because I thought this hotel would be different. That they treat their employees like FAMILY. (At least that's what they always say..)But i was very wrong. Anyone thinking of applying just run the other way. It's not worth it
Benefits
Cons
Miserable workplace, poor management
Well Managed and Organized
DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2019
Greenwood Hospitality has an excellent team of managers that will assist you in achieving your goals and improving the property.

The local GM is extremely fair and empowers each employee to make decisions that improve customer service. Service level employees have the ability to make a rough situation right with a customer without having to get further approval. This is greatly appreciated by the guests and improves overall ratings.
Pros
Excellent Training
Cons
Could use a few more floating managers for localized assistence
Productive and fun workplace
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 26, 2018
A typical days work is normally fun and busy, I have learned how to be a houseman and how to do houseman work, management is excellent, the workplace is mixed culture,there are no hard parts about the job and the most enjoyable part is coming to work and interacting with the guests and my co workers.
Pros
Free lunch provided by the hotel
Cons
Short breaks and no overtime
Poor Management
General Labor and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 15, 2018
Don't buy work shoes through the company, if you quit or get fired they will keep your final paycheck from you until they get the shoes back in the box that they came in.
Abused workers as well as clients.
Bad experience
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70810May 26, 2017
Mgmt company began managing three hotels in Baton Rouge in 2016. Hotel accounting was a not correctly set up and three months behind in closing books, along with many other accounting functions. one AP clerk for all three hotels. One Income Auditor/AR Clerk and one Accounting manager that worked Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Accounting Office.
Cons
Very little Training and assistance from corporate office.
Best Hospitality company I have ever worked for
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 6, 2017
With 20 years of hospitality under my belt and the last 12 of that being in senior management, I can't say enough good things about Greenwood Hospitality. This is honestly, the FIRST company that I have ever worked for that has actually practiced what they preach with the work life balance. The investment they make into onboarding, as well as existing staff at all levels whether it be line level, or executive level is second to none. The benefits are great, there is a clear culture that fosters growth and learning from all levels.
Pros
Balance, autonomy, pay
Greenwood Hospitality is a great company
Management (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 3, 2017
The Greenwood Hospitality Management Company is a great company to be part of. They always put family first and the 3 Principals know their staffs personally. A growing company who has created a warm, caring fun culture at a property level. Five Stars in my book!
Pros
Warm, fun culture that focuses on family
Great Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 3, 2017
After working in the hospitality industry for 10+ years, I can say with sincerity that Greenwood and ownership are a step above and care about the hotel and the ambassadors. Our management team is approachable (open-door policy) and promotes teamwork by leading by example. I've seen our Directors bag cookies, wash dishes, clean guest rooms, check guests in/out, and several other tasks simply because the work needed to be completed. Our management team empowers all ambassadors to provide excellent service to our guests and encourages us to grow and develop in the hospitality industry.
One thing I love about my workplace is the teamwork. We all work together to deliver our brand promise and the Greenwood values.
I enjoy coming to work and love being a part of such a great team!
Another thing I enjoy about my workplace are the myriad of ways our ambassadors are recognized for providing our guests exceptional hospitality and for helping each other. I know that I am valued in addition to my work and my contributions.
Pros
Free lunch, monthly celebrations, recognition, incentives, benefits, fun place to work, caring.
Use to be nice
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 20, 2016
Was a part of the original team that started the hotel. Literally bled to get it to be one of the best within 4 months of opening. They fired the GM and so many managers about a year after the doors opened. The culture of fun and professionalism disappeared for the corporate greed. Every employee is easily replaced. I watched as the kitchen staff got so fed up that everyone left. A few hours later others were shipped in so things would continue as normal. If you want to stay in your job here, you better be ok with throwing others under the bus.
Pros
Lunch, good employee rates
Cons
Disposable. Cheap.
Terrible place to work!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2016
Poor place to work. Owner does not care about employees in place. Will tell staff members he will give them a chance and then post there position. HR doesn't help, makes decisions based on personal opinions. Staff morale low, and sad. Terrible company to work for!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Great team to work with!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
The hotel has a great group of employees! I appreciate the open door policy and managers that are easy to talk to and will listen.
Pros
Free Lunch, Fun Atmosphere, Caring Managers
Empowering and teamwork
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
Greenwood and ownership are invested. Spending millions of dollars to improve property. Staff members are called Ambassadors as the culture is employees are the most important asset. Trust and respect are at high levels and we are empowered to make decisions.

We help each other as a team, work together and Greenwood listens and helps us along the journey for our careers, for our guests, to deliver exceptional service and experiences.
I highly recommend Greenwood Hospitality.
Pros
Free lunch, monthly celebrations, incentives, healthcare, acknowledgement, appreciation
Suck
N/A (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 2, 2016
First let me start by saying the benefits are great. Its just not worth working for, at all. The management is horrific. They lie, unorganized, no control' and must I add they are all discombobulated. The human resource department as well. Unprofessional makes me cringe. They are rude and disrespectful if only customers knew they are paying 200 a night for dirty sheets. I wouldn't refer anybody there at all. They cant keep hirees and have no control with the hotel. Some of the housekeepers don't change their sheets and management knows this and does nothing at all. Its just horrible.
Pros
Nice benefits, free leftover lunch, and discounts
Cons
No respect never have anything that is needed timing is really bad its very unsanitary
Corporate and Manager ruining hotel
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 2, 2016
Took a great, profitable, hotel and is slowly destroying it. Raised rates and cut perks to customers right off the bat. Treats employees as expenses to be kept at a minimum instead of assets to increase value to guests as did the former owner/manager. Benefit package is out of range, cost wise, to 90% of eligible hourly employees. Many of long-time regular customers are no longer staying there. If they don't have an in-house convention or meeting, hotel is almost empty. Nearly all former management staff have left of their own accord due to corporate culture and new GM. Hotel went from having one of the happiest, most engaged, staff to one that either new or so disenchanted they are looking for other employment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else.
Don't work.for this company ever
fron desk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 18, 2016
The company bought our hotel that was a nationally recognized award winning property. Greenwood increased room rates 30% and ran off all of the business, they eliminated all discounts and alienated Hilton Honors guests. I imagine the hotel will be up for sale very soon because clients will stay elsewhere.
Pros
free lunch of soup and salad and whatever leftovers from the day before
Cons
GreenWood hospitality is just a lousy place to work in general
All around disappointed
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 3, 2016
Poor accountability .Poor management . Miserable work environment. Too much expected of employees for what they pay.
Strongly lead company focused on goals
Sous Chef/Chef De Cuisine (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 9, 2016
Greenwood is a great company, very competent ownership and managers, striving to help their staff and managers be even better. The potential for an individual to advance is very great and easy to obtain through hard work. Motivated talented individuals can do very well in any department
Pros
Healthare, Compensation, Vacation Time, Talented management team
Cons
Normal everyday gripes
Disposibility
Worker (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 27, 2016
Unstable work environment with a high turn over of management. No consideration given to employees beyond what the law requires. Decent enough insurance but other benefits are sub par and offered almost begrudgingly. Not a welcoming environment but when you specialize in impoverished markets where tax rebates are the key to success, it comes as no surprise. The property is beautiful but how much of that is because of them or the real owners is unclear.
Pros
free meal, decent healthcare
Fun Place To Work But No Accountability
Social Media and Digital Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 16, 2016
Working with Greenwood has many perks! The work culture is actually pretty laid back, and the sales teams are great! However, there is an issue with accountability within the specific hotels and restaurants.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare is really BAD!