Greenwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

Great and positive work enviorment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 27, 2017
The environment was fast paced and positive. I enjoyed working with residents and getting to know all of them personally. If ever given the opportunity I would definitely do it again.
Satisfying work with terrible pay
Floor Technician/ Laundry tech (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 9, 2017
Work was fairly easy, the manager over dept was fair and tried to help her employees all should could. The pay is the only thing that lacked and it wasn't enough for driving 52 miles one way. I made sure that the facility floors and outside was clean and up to code. The residents were lovely along with the staff I worked with. I would of continued working there if I could have gotten better pay.
Decent job,management is suspect,too much favortism
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ewng,New JerseyJune 13, 2017
Need new people in the office, there's too much favorites,if you are just starting there,you have a minimum three year waiting period to be full-time/part-time.No health insurance.No reward system,but Employee of the month, which is fixed.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, no advancement
Good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 5, 2017
The greenwood house is a nice work place the people i worked with was eve nice i enjoyed working for the company it was a great work experience for me
Cons
Outstanding place to work and learn
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 8, 2016
As a dietetic intern with a background in LTC food service, it was valuable to learn the dietitian’s role in the LTC setting. The Greenwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center had such a compassionate and proactive environment where the registered dietitian, nurses, director and social workers strive to provide the best care for the residents to improve and maintain their health in the facilty.
One of the Best
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 19, 2014
It was a better nursing home than most. Very clean and organized. Always stocked with supplies.
Pros
Organized, Caring, Clean
Cons
Requirements for calling out, expectations
Professional Longterm Care and Rehabilitation
LPN Charge Nurse, Med Nurse,Temporary Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 7, 2012
Working at Greenwood has allowed me to gain skills in various areas of Nursing. I have had the opportunity to work closely with psychiatric patients, geriactric patients, diabetics, Post CVA rehab, G-tubes, various injections, and much more. Part of being in a longterm care facility I have been able to work closely with interdisciplinary teams in resident long term care and resident short term care. Working full-time with this company for a few years has allowed me to gain a knowledge and understanding of the systems used in this facility, making me a good candidate to take on responsibilities of the unit manager. Being the only nurse on duty for 3-11, I have become independent and confident in my critical thinking skills and my nursing judgements. Supervising and working closely with CNA's is part of my typical work day, as well as medication administration, treatments, and documentation.
Residents enjoyed many activities
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MANovember 13, 2012
Staff courteous, friendly, helpful
Residents enjoyed interacting with staff
Pros
easy commute
Cons
staff changes frequently, much per diem staff
Fast Paced, More Acute Than Usual Long Term Care/Rehab
Director of Nursing, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 7, 2012
Very fast paced. Lots of admission, transfers and discharges. Takes PICC lines, Gtubes, fresh heart valve replacements, long term antibiotics.
Pros
good bonuses for working hours outside your usual shift
Cons
many tasks to complete