Gresham, Smith and Partners Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very Goal Driven
Senior Project Accounting Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2018
During the billing cycle period the work was very intense. Deadlines were expected to be met promptly. Constant communication was necessary between management, project managers and specialists.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Intense Billing Timeframe
Interesting projects
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 14, 2018
I learned a tremendous amount about marketing A/E services and enjoyed the job switch to environmental graphic design, which broadened my design skills.
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 28, 2018
Theres nothing I can say bad about this company. I enjoyed working there and learned a lot from my co-workers, while passing on some great teaching to them as well.
Fast-paced
Summer Intern Program (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2017
I was just a summer intern, but based on observation it seemed like the younger engineers were working 40+ hours a week and not even charging overtime. They seemed stressed out to me.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2017
Good people. Good place to work. Good, detailed instructions given on job and requirements. Good benefits overall. Working downtown has its good and bad points.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Nice while it lasted
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2017
Great for many years then let go for "budget cuts" despite being a loyal and involved employee. I hardly took sick days. A small attempt was made to get me moved to another department but I never heard back from that manager. My spouse is on disability and had to go back to work despite feeling poorly most days. I really hoped to retire from there. In all fairness it was a nice place to work and they were flexible if you needed to take care of family/personal business.
Pros
Employee activities, Holiday gifts
Cons
No appreciation for longevity
Mediocre engineering firm with nasty politics
Project Manager/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Somewhere in the SoutheastMay 7, 2017
If you thrive at 'brown nosing' or 'yes man' politics in a 'good ole boy' southern culture, then this is your ideal workplace. Minding the politics here are far more important than delivering projects on budget, winning new projects, good client relationships, being a team player, or technical competance.
Pros
Laid back culture, nice annual Nashville Celebration event, the company is known for hospital architecture and other projects within the Nashville area, but second tier elsewhere.
Cons
Very political atmosphere. People who suggest changes or who 'rock the boat' don't fare well.
Enjoy the people I work with
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 27, 2017
People here are good people. The work tasks are not challenging enough to be fulfilling. The commute from Lebanon, TN to downtown Nashville is grueling and that would be the main reason for leaving the company.
Overall it's a very uncomfortable place to work in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 11, 2017
Depending on what division your are in. The Nashville Studio - the architectural groups are fine. The backstabbing and things like that can be very ugly. The company internal politics is very complicated that could make one's job difficult.
Pros
Large architectural house; Good industry reputation
Cons
internal politics, people backstabbing
Amazing People work at this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSFebruary 15, 2017
A great environment. Very organized. Easy to find answers and organized steps for projects on the company website Well-compensated for your work. They offer a lot of benefits, especially health benefits.
Exemplary Firm
Resident Project Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2017
GS&P is a multi-disciplined engineering firm that produces exemplary projects. It is the leader in deicer management systems. I was fortunate to work for GS&P as a Resident Project Representative on the TF Green Airport Deicer Management Project. GS&P is a first-rate, forward thinking firm from top to bottom.
Bottom Line, Business first - oriented firm
Architect (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 4, 2016
good work environment, good people. company provides many opportunities for professional improvement and advancement.
Summer internship
Environmental Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioOctober 9, 2015
In a typical day at work I would come in and generally have no idea what projects I would be put on. I would be assigned writing of SPCC plans or SWPP plans, or could be asked to format document in word, QA/QC other peoples work, work in excel with data entry and analysis, production of final deliverable. All of these are just some examples of what I worked on in a normal work day. However, there were many days where I had nothing to do. I would come in and sit at my cubicle wait for work. the problem was that a few projects the firm had thought they were going to win, did not win, leaving me with nothing to do as I was the intern and given the last scraps of possible work. This made the job difficult as I did not know where the next work was coming from and I was stuck. My Coworkers were understanding of my position and tried to get me stuff to do but they were in the same position.
Nationally Recognized A&E Design Firm with Great Work Environment
Senior Drainage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2015
GS&P is an architectural and engineering design firm with a focus on innovative and sustainable design solutions. This is a great place to work where employees are continuously recognized and rewarded for hard work and project delivery.
Excellent workplace and marketing
Senior Mechanical Designer / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 1, 2015
Reputable firm with multiple areas to advance within firm. Very aggressive marketing maintained project backlog for employees to depend on job security.
A full service architectural/engineering firm providing design services for the built environment by meeting client needs.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 21, 2015
I enjoyed the opportunity to be a contributor of a growing division and a part of the GS&P family. Found it rewarding to support key leadership in strategic job pursuits that contributed to firm wide growth and improvements to our community that we live in.
Not secure
Sr. Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 18, 2014
When there is work, things go well. When work load is down, layoffs are plenty no matter how well you perform
Pros
Small Company
Cons
Layoffs are often due to lack of work; non-stable
Positive work environment
Helpdesk Tier II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2014
This company really puts value in their employees. They recognize hard work and reward it.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2014
I enjoyed my employ with Gresham, Smith and Partners. The co-workers were the best I have worked with.
family like business
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 26, 2013
Everyone worked together as a team. I would do daily administrative duties. Great place! Was laid off due to economic downturn.