Greyhound Employee Reviews

Bad IT management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
Over the years, IT management quality has gone from decent to flat out bad. IT Senior leaderships do not have employees' back, blaming employees for all of their mistakes, firing people for insignificant reasons, very clicky. They expect everyone to always answer emails and phone calls regardless of where you are at or what time of the day/night it is. No training or proper career path. People are extremely unhappy and most are looking for jobs. 2/3 of IT people are now gone. The rest are looking for their way out. Do not apply to Greyhound IT jobs.
Company was great too work at
Express audit reviewer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
I loved working for Greyhound they have a great company and the people i work with was great. They train we on what I was to do and showed me the apps I was to use. The supervise I had new the job well and my knowledge off the work i was to do was right and they train me on different projects and he said i was a very hard worker and my attitude was always on my work and getting it out on time and if i could help someone else. Always ask me if i could stay late and he was grateful with my work and the company. We always had company outings once a year.
Pros
Yes onces a month
Cons
yes great on the health of there people
Dirty,dirty, dirty, and the place is filthy too
Commercial Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 2, 2018
Dirty, dirty, dirty, and the place is filthy too!!!!! this place is straight up gross, they never clean and the place is falling apart. LOW PAY and the worst management ever!!!!!!!! do yourself a favor and don't work here!!!
Productive and hard working enviroment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2018
Productive and hard working enviroment. Fast paste. Making sure that cars are done on time and to managers and customers satisfactory. And always a learning and gowing enviroment.
Fast-paced environment family atmosphere
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2018
Receive incoming schedules, organizing outbound schedules, managing various aspects of customer service and working closely in family style environment.
Pros
Free travel with company, discount programs
Cons
short breaks
Interesting work environment
TICKET AGENT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 26, 2018
Greyhound was a fast paced environment. Hardest part of the job was dealing with cases that someone was lost or couldn't afford to get home. I also didn't see much of an growth opportunity at Greyhound/
Pros
Fun getting to watch all walks of life come through the door each and every day.
Cons
Management could have been more organized
Can be a fun place to work but also has it's drawbacks. I loved working for the aVegas Greyhound. The City Manager is an amazing man.
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2018
I was recruited from another job by Greyhound and loved working for the manager at the Vegas Station. He was my mentor and now a really good friend. I was promoted two times while I worked there and was paid very well for the positions I worked
Great Company
HR Rep/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. The opportunities were endless for me. I enjoyed being valued and heard to make improvement. Unfortunate due to merger my position was eliminated but it was a great journey.
i had a blast
TICKET SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
I meet so many people working there and it was fun, learned a lot on customer service, it was an eye opener to the we people reacted and how to get a good feed back once you helped them
Pleasure to work there
Mechanic- Routine maintenance and inspections (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80205June 15, 2018
I received a lot of training combined with a fast paced work environment made it an exciting place to work. The co workers were all friendly and supportive with the experience the had to offer.
Pros
Great company and co workers
Cons
Unforscene cutbacks
Stellar
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2018
Positive, resilient, and energized. Educated and mentored me into the manager / person I have become. I would recommend this company, whether starting your career or looking for a change. Greyhound has high expectations, but constantly recognizes an employees efforts. Thank you for everything.
Pros
Promotes from within.
Cons
None.
people
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 14, 2018
I worked for an agent and not direct greyhound...fun environment but it was years ago when I was just starting out...customers came from all walks of life.
Good company to start your career
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR/DRIVER SAFETY (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
If you're interested in a career in transportation, start with Greyhound but make sure you end your career at another institution. They will help you to get your CDL and help develop your skills.
Pros
Easy company to get into, and develop skills
Cons
Benefits, working the extra board
Great job wrong management
G.P.X./ Operations Sup. (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
not a lot of communication in this company every office does the same task differently.The company also has no plan for the future as far as its employees are concerned. layoffs are eminent
Milestone employment
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2018
There is a hostile work environment due to everyone looking out for themselves, only. None of the employees try to help each other, but are eager to insult or demean other employees who are not able to do their work at the same pace.
money
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
it was fun just not enough money for the work that you did on a daily baisis. also working hoildays was a handful sometimes you are the only that works
Great pacle to work but the management and pay sucks
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
A typical work day is pretty much regular but can be stressful. I have learned to work with people from different ethnic backgrounds. Very lacking in good management.
Pros
Free metro pass
Cons
Benifits sucks
Not a Job for those who want a life
Motor coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 1, 2018
So the typical day as a Greyhound operator was you get a two hour notice on when you are going to work. You have to be on call 15 hr out of 24. The equipment is less than workable and the general running of the company is lacking.

I will say that one of the good things about this company is that you are the boss of your particular bus, meaning if there is something about the bus or passengers on it that you don't like, you don't have to take it.
Very fast pace. I loved cooking so it was a great place fot me.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2018
I liked the job. The hours got lower when the seasons changed which was one of the reasons I no longer work there. My coworkers were great and I was a grill cook as well as cashier. There was a certain time limit food needed to be prepared so it kept me on my toes.
Stressful workplace
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2018
Manager in foodservice is very messy and unprofessional!sneaky and mischievous! Before she got there it was and ok place but the manager before her was bad also! To sum it up they really need to dig deeper when hiring management because they keep getting the bad ones who don't treat their workers right! Especially when they are doing there job!
Pros
Meeting new people the customers! Makes the day go by.
Cons
Being mistreated for hard work you provide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight