Greyhound Employee Reviews

Challenging never dull workplace
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2018
brand company facing serious competition, more resources would provide better experience for passengers. the company is moving towards current processes and applications that will position it for the coming years.
Interesting
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2018
Transporting the public to and from Los Angeles. traveling long haul the most enjoyable part is traveling to a city or state where you have never been.
Productive and relaxed
Bus Operator (CDL) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
Greyhound was wonderful. They have a great work culture . There very supportive of outside work balance for the employees. The ability to relocate anytime is a blessing. They have great management and instructors. Would have love to stay here but I have small children and it was hard to manage it both and get the full benefits of the job.
Pros
travel accomendations
Cons
extraboard life
A nice time
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2018
The work came in at a good pace, the people coming through on buses and/or getting on were sometimes a little rude but no real problems. I wish i could have been paid a little more but a good solid work experience.
manager was great
Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 18, 2018
Manager at greyhound was understanding with any problems or concerns when brought to her attention. She was very helpful when work became stressful and lead by example.
Intense
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
This company should only bet for the people who don't have a life. Who has no small children at home and, and have a great support system in place. U have to love to drive
Decent larger corporate business environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2018
Learned new things here that allowed me to be hired / advance at another company. Enjoyed the people I worked with and wish all of them the best. Nothing flashy here, but was nice working in heart of downtown Dallas.
Pros
Name recognition
Cons
Hard to advance
Great place to work if your single and don’t have a family
Motorcoach Operator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 14, 2018
Great place to work was able to see a lot of the country. Management and Dispatch only look out for themselves. If you are single and have no kids this is a great career if you have little ones and married it can be tough to start with you travel a lot and you don’t get home much. But if that is your thing then enjoy.
Pros
Travel, good pay
Cons
Management, Dispatch
Productive and energetic days
Ticket Agent, Trainer, Reports Clerk & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2018
Greyhound was a great place to work, I enjoyed every minute of everyday that I spent at Greyhound. Greyhound days were never the same, there was never a a dull day at the Greyhound.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Learning process
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Manage inventory and submit the counts into workbook ● Supervise deposits and cash handling in safe ● Manage restaurant overnight with no supervision ● Assist guest with food items of their choice ● Maintain a clean environment by sanitizing surfaces, sweeping, and mopping as necessary
Temporary job
Maintenance/Custodian (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2018
If I was already retired Greyhound would be a great place to work for. This is a true part time job that I enjoy but I am looking for a higher pay or a place that will allow me to move up.
Pros
Free bus rides anywhere Greyhound goes
Cons
Pay
Very Stressful
Bad Customers
Getting off work
Visit the station
Talk with the station Manager
Get to know the whole Management team
Pros
Given poor people a travel experience
Cons
When being interview listen closely to the person who's interviewing you.
Would never work there again
LEAD GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 25, 2018
I left Greyhound for advancement.
Greyhound needs structure, the place is not well orginized to have been in business for so long....the need to train the staff on how the operation suppose to be ran.
I recommend greyhound
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2018
This is a great place to work if you love to travel, and if you are a people person with great communication skills and can quickly resolve problems in the field.
very busy place to work
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2018
very busy and you meet all different kinds of people in the bus terminal. making food and restocking the supplies and cleaning up and the end of the night. was a blast.
Greyhound Lines Review.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2018
I was a Greyhound Driver from June 1998 to August 2003. I left Greyhound on a valid military leave of absence. When i returned 9.5 years later they would not honor my military leave. I went through hoops and bounds to prove to management that my leave was legit and authorized. They would not allow me to return to work with my seniority intact. I gave them my best and enjoyed doing it. They gave me the shaft and enjoyed doing it.
Poor
Bagging Agent (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TxOctober 22, 2018
The management is poor and they have unrealistic standards for their employees your expected to be able to load and unload a bus and keep up with janitorial duties while making sure all the luggage is correct
Time machines do exist!
Senior HP Nonstop Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2018
Working in IT at Greyhound, you definitely feel like you've stepped out of a time travel machine and are back in the 60's or 70's. Very old school culture, management style, and mindset. The bus business is what it is, and Greyhound probably exemplifies very close to what you would expect to find at a public transportation company. They like to do things the way they were done 20-30 years ago. Old equipment, old facilities, and old problems. Trust is an issue. Management doesn't workers, and workers don't trust their managers.
Pros
free bus travel for employees and family
Cons
pretty much everything that pertains to technology
Love the big dog
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2018
This was my first job out of college and I wish that I had not ever left. I loved so many things about the company, but it was not financially stable, so you were always on the chopping block unless you were essential personnel.
Benefits
Cons
Company Volatility
drama
Lead Supervisor/Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2018
people are very dramatic and nosey . a lot of people were in other peoples business. customers were crazy. security was limited to safety of workers. management was very caring and understanding.
Pros
easy job face paced
Cons
lack of security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight