Greyhound Employee Reviews

This was one of my favorite positions because of the great work the was applied by all employee's.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2018
This company was not only appreciated not only by the employee's but was also by the travelers and they let me use my management skill to the most, which made my job position easy as an supervisor.
Pros
To use my own judgement in any situation.
Cons
I have no reply, everything was great.
Greyhound
Professional motor-coach operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2018
Competetive if you want to travel everyday , too many hours not enough rest , takes a while for paid time off , no insurance for 3 months when u first start , i would rather work here in the city and go home every night .
Very stressful and unfair
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2018
Good money. Poorly ran company. Management and dispatchers can"t be trusted. Lack of equipment and it is poorly maintained. Keep you away from home and yank you out of service.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Inconsistant rules
Ticket Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed working as a team because team work is important to me. I liked my former coworkers. I wish the job paid more but it didn't. I miss working there because I liked lying people.
I love working at Greyhound .
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 1, 2018
I would recommend this company to.any one.i had been with this company for 5yrs they give you uniform and shoes at no cost .You can get all the overtime you want also the supervisor are understanding and will to provide help to you.
Pros
Freemeal free uniform
Cons
Need better security
Very stressful
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 25, 2018
Barely any bus drivers, everytime a situation comes around some supervisors act like they don’t want to talk to the customers face to face. I have been working with this company for a year and a half for them to let me go about one of the employees mishandling my money. So if your deposit drop is missing I’m letting you know now they will fire you smh.
Pros
Metro cards, free rides
Cons
Bad attitudes, poor judgements minimum wage.
Exciting work enviroment
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 24, 2018
supervisors where always trying to encourage to grow in the company and they where always team players and being competitive with others and completing all assignments.
Pros
free greyhound tickets
Cons
short breaks
Eventful workplace
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed myself while working here. It taught me how to keep an opened mind, not to judge, and accept people from all walks of life. People from different cultures from all over the world came in.
Pros
Free tickects
Cons
Long standing
Amazing Company
TICKET AGENT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 22, 2018
Working for greyhound was a wonderful experience the Owners are so caring they treat you like family. I would recommend anyone that is in school or just does not mind a lazed back day to check out employment in this place.
Do not ride or work for this company.
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2018
Do not work for this company and do not drive their buses. They are dangerous to their employees and the public and cheat drivers of their pay and try to force them into conditions of fatigue and ways to loose your license. I resigned from them only after 2 weeks working for them.
Bad IT management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
Over the years, IT management quality has gone from decent to flat out bad. IT Senior leaderships do not have employees' back, blaming employees for all of their mistakes, firing people for insignificant reasons, very clicky. They expect everyone to always answer emails and phone calls regardless of where you are at or what time of the day/night it is. No training or proper career path. People are extremely unhappy and most are looking for jobs. 2/3 of IT people are now gone. The rest are looking for their way out. Do not apply to Greyhound IT jobs.
Company was great too work at
Express audit reviewer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
I loved working for Greyhound they have a great company and the people i work with was great. They train we on what I was to do and showed me the apps I was to use. The supervise I had new the job well and my knowledge off the work i was to do was right and they train me on different projects and he said i was a very hard worker and my attitude was always on my work and getting it out on time and if i could help someone else. Always ask me if i could stay late and he was grateful with my work and the company. We always had company outings once a year.
Pros
Yes onces a month
Cons
yes great on the health of there people
Dirty,dirty, dirty, and the place is filthy too
Commercial Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 2, 2018
Dirty, dirty, dirty, and the place is filthy too!!!!! this place is straight up gross, they never clean and the place is falling apart. LOW PAY and the worst management ever!!!!!!!! do yourself a favor and don't work here!!!
Productive and hard working enviroment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2018
Productive and hard working enviroment. Fast paste. Making sure that cars are done on time and to managers and customers satisfactory. And always a learning and gowing enviroment.
Fast-paced environment family atmosphere
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2018
Receive incoming schedules, organizing outbound schedules, managing various aspects of customer service and working closely in family style environment.
Pros
Free travel with company, discount programs
Cons
short breaks
Interesting work environment
TICKET AGENT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 26, 2018
Greyhound was a fast paced environment. Hardest part of the job was dealing with cases that someone was lost or couldn't afford to get home. I also didn't see much of an growth opportunity at Greyhound/
Pros
Fun getting to watch all walks of life come through the door each and every day.
Cons
Management could have been more organized
Can be a fun place to work but also has it's drawbacks. I loved working for the aVegas Greyhound. The City Manager is an amazing man.
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2018
I was recruited from another job by Greyhound and loved working for the manager at the Vegas Station. He was my mentor and now a really good friend. I was promoted two times while I worked there and was paid very well for the positions I worked
Great Company
HR Rep/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. The opportunities were endless for me. I enjoyed being valued and heard to make improvement. Unfortunate due to merger my position was eliminated but it was a great journey.
i had a blast
TICKET SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
I meet so many people working there and it was fun, learned a lot on customer service, it was an eye opener to the we people reacted and how to get a good feed back once you helped them
Pleasure to work there
Mechanic- Routine maintenance and inspections (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80205June 15, 2018
I received a lot of training combined with a fast paced work environment made it an exciting place to work. The co workers were all friendly and supportive with the experience the had to offer.
Pros
Great company and co workers
Cons
Unforscene cutbacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight