Greyhound

Clear

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,353 reviews
buspassengerdrivertravelticketterminalluggagebaggage

Great pay, low morale

Be prepared to travel and work from the city that needs you most, the turnover is really high, you get to experience some interesting cities- great hotels, meal allowance and the pay is good, they will work you like a fool- if you let them. Management is very trying and you will spend a good amount of time from home.

Pros

Travel, meal allowance good to great pay

Cons

Little time home, management will expect for you to grind hard because they are always short of drivers

What is the best part of working at the company?It’s a job!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful What is a typical day like for you at the company?Frustrating

Greyhound insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Run!!!! Everyone you meet working here has been here for 10-15 years minimum

This company is outdated. Needs a major revamp to be more supportive of the DRIVER being that they’re so reliant of the DRIVER! They will work you like a dog though. $

Pros

Travel

Cons

Everything else

No home life

You have no home life and you have to beg for the money that you already made. Every location you travel to have Management that do not have your best interest at heart.

Pros

Cons

Health

Fun, great coworkers, good passengers, lousy dispatch and shareholders.

I loved my coworkers and local managers. VERY rarely had any issues with my passengers. Scheduling is done, for the most part by dispatchers in Dallas. There were times I'd be on hold for 30 minutes or longer trying to check in so that I could go to sleep. The shareholders are insanely greedy and treat employees as disposable assets. Their response to COVID was, basically, to cut schedules, furlough employees, and continue to fill buses almost to capacity.

Pros

Travel opportunities, coworkers become family

Cons

Often have to "chase" your money. You have to keep track of EVERYTHING you do.

I like driving

I was loyal to the company but the company wasn't loyal back to me, l had a miscarriage and they didn't care, looked like everybody was not on my side, everyone act like they didn't know (Managers), I send where l was in the hospital in Texas, l went to Texas for a month to help out and they wouldn't even help me get back home to my family.

Pros

At first the free hotel rooms was good until they went cheap.

Cons

They (Managers) don't care about no one but they self.

Poor

Poor!!! Poor!!! The worst job I every had!! The worst managers, they kept you worried, if you would if you would have a job. I don't know if they have changed, but my time there, was the worst.

Big bonus

No advancements in this company.....just drive...drive....drive...take mess from customers all day....management want you to work every day....hard to get a day off

Pros

A job

Cons

Not enough pay

It’s a great experience going places you’ve never been

I worked for Greyhound Im a female was called 2 am early one morning to do a deadhead. Meaning drive to the location no passengers. I got lost At 3am used my phone as a guide and was terminated. It was my day off helping out! Instead they want you to read paper directions what’s worst your phone talking to you telling you your turns or you trying to read the info on paper along the way!!!

Pros

You are always working

Cons

Never was paid all of my money at once and was under appreciated as a Driver by management

Management poor

Management sucks and they work you like a robot. Dont care about their staff. Must have real tough skin to work there job isn't for everyone. Must sacrifice alit for this job. Keeps you away from home and your loved ones alot.

Pros

Pay good

Cons

Pay check clears

Only positive was pay and benefits

If you could make it for the years needed to get off the extra board to get a route of your own it would be a lot better. On the extra board you have no life, not a job for a family man with kids or a person who needs a schedule. Management has their hands tied and as a result appear to be spineless individuals who can not do the things they know need to be done.

Good job for working

It's great place to work it just management don't care about drivers hopefully one day I get back to Greyhound try you're going to like it Go Greyhound

Pros

free travel and go pay

Cons

Dealing with passengers

Communication not as good

You are given a route to run sometimes you run into conflicts. Dispatch does not always know what goes on. Have conflicts with dispatch about bus or route. Driver should know best and inform dispatch. Needs improvement with management and ustomer service

Pros

Driving the schedule and managing the bus

Cons

Interruptions of dispatchknowing what its best and its not.

Very poor mngmnt

Mngmnt refuses to accept responsibility for thier mishaps allowing to drivers to take the bullet. Thier supervisors do nothing to protect the drivers. Its a 'yessir boss' mentality only. If your not a 'yessir boss house boy' or gay, you will be set up for failure at the Atlanta Georgia Location.

Cons

Unprofessional company with nothing to offer except for lies

The worst company I’ve ever worked for , not compensated for work preformed or time vested !!! Lying about job tasks and completely unqualified supervisors whom don’t want to be bothered !! Unavailable even for emergency, avoiding work all together.

Pros

Cons

Watch Your license b’cause greyhound will abuse it and take an advantage

It's ok

It can be an excellent job, if they'd improve the way management and dispatch deals with operators. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Otherwise, no complaints.

Pros

Travel, Great Pay

Cons

Management and dispatch

Good

It was good had fun at times hard being away from home at times. The buses need to be replaced. Management was good. Dispatch was ok to. The training was really good. Would do again if the schedule was better. Met some great people

Productive and fun

My typical day started out with inspection of my vehicle. Then, route checks along with the amount of passengers. Load and ticket checks and baggage inspections. I learned how to do 1 -on- 1talks with the guest for new routs. Management was over the top in a lots areas. This was the hardest part of the job because they could or would cancel a drivers trip at any given time if you didn't have a dedicated ruote. But the most enjoyable part or the job was getting to know people in other states and lunch benefits.

Pros

Having a load leader at every stop

Cons

Having a small town w/o an on time responder.

Productive and relaxed

Greyhound was wonderful. They have a great work culture . There very supportive of outside work balance for the employees. The ability to relocate anytime is a blessing. They have great management and instructors. Would have love to stay here but I have small children and it was hard to manage it both and get the full benefits of the job.

Pros

travel accomendations

Cons

extraboard life

Lots of standby time to much tv but employees where freindly

You have to be on top of your extra board or you would loose money could be questionable at times when other employees knew when the high paying get assignments would come up and they would drop off the board and show up later and show up on your high paying run.The most enjoyable part was working and traveling and meeting people all over the United States.

Pros

Working with different types of people

Cons

When the unfairness matters came up not often.

Commercial driver

Checking people, freight and luggade oo and off the coaches at each destination greyhound serves. You never know what shift you will be on or route most of the time so over the 7 years I have been from key west to new york city and as far west as the mississippi river driving a greyhound. Driver supervvisors were always former drivers thankfully , but middle and upper management made their decisions from book learning,, which sometimes clashes with real life situations.

Pros

Ride for free

Cons

Very sedentary life style