Greystar Property Management Employee Reviews

positive work place
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Everything was great. The work experience was great. They offer a great work environment that is positive and encouraging. The learning opportunities and team building is great and positive.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
not any
Incredible Experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2019
I never regret anything in life typically but leaving this company was and still is the ONLY thing I do regret. Morale within the company in general was that of support, helpfulness and understanding. If you needed anything they were there for you and you were not uncomfortable asking for it. It was truly a team effort from the Upper Management to the Property Staff. Their training cannot be beat as they lift up their employees both by the continued training as well as the recognition when job done well. All were accepted as long as you worked hard, did you job well and treated each other and the residents well. I have referred several people there that I come across in life and they too have loved the company as much as I did. If I had the chance I would certainly go back. If I was to say anything negative you do have to have the ability to change location. This being a management company for many properties your place of work could change at any moment but that is this business in general.
Pros
Cons
Change of work location
Great Company
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2019
I literally have worked with some of the best people on the planet everywhere I went with this company. Because it is so big, you can travel anywhere and work in any department. Each region is different and it depends on you immediate supervisor, but I was lucky to have great ones.
Benefits
Cons
3rd party/ fee managed- so you get shuffled around with sales
Productive and fun place to work
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Not only a fun place to work, but they also promote from within and give you the tools to succeed. Loved each end every manager that I had the privilege to work with. They promote a Team environment.
Great company
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Great company. Compensation could be higher. Management is awesome and met really awesome co-workers. Also enjoy the freedom to move around and meet new tenants.
i do not be live that it is the company but some of the people
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 30, 2018
I think Grey Star is a good could even be great company to work but is some place it the people i was with them for almost 2 year with now problem till a new manager. And HR! mind you this would have be my 3 manager long story sort she lied mad things up texted me off the clock telling me what to do and when. to get me to get upset to there for turn around and let me go they hire people that should not even have there title do to not having the needed know how or skills to do the task at had... i would tell you to work for the company any where other then where i was at there a joke thing they know it all and cant wait till it blows up in there face for being stupid

this is for office staff and maintenance
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2018
Love the company, although sometimes I do not agree with their choice of managers on site. Their vision is great as long as the managers follow that vision. But being such a huge company it is hard for them to make sure everyone is actually following the core values.
Pros
some properties bonus program
Cons
give you pto but never really able to use it without being guilted about it
Amazing Company
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 26, 2018
You can not go wrong with working for Greystar.
Since I got into the property management business 2 years ago I have been trying to get to a Greystar property.

Health insurance is a bit pricey (for a family plan), but it covers everything!! All my dental work was covered at 100% for maybe $15 monthly.

They are known for being one of the best, and they live up to that.
Pros
Vacation Time, Pay, Healthcare
Great Company
Assistant Manager / Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 25, 2018
This company allows you the opportunity for growth and gives you the necessary training necessary to succeed. Greystar is located all across the United States and in other countries.
N/a
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 21, 2018
There's nothing to say unless the company should have better benefits for all employees and even myself where the company should give respect and honor.
A typical Day at work
Assistant Community Manager- SkyHouse Uptown (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2018
I show up to work at 9:00am. Go into my office, look at reports and make sure everything is good. Then it is 6:oo pm and I'm still working. Then its 7:00 pm and I get to go home.
Pros
healthcare
Never a dull moment
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 18, 2018
Phones ringing, patience, time management, team unity, no micromanagement, constant interruptions while facing deadlines, bonding with team, residents
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unfair pay
Hostile Work Enviroment
Receivables Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 15, 2018
I worked in the Receivables Department. Company values are not followed by management. Enjoyed my co-workers, enjoyed my job. A hostile work environment is created by the management--both my direct supervisor and their superiors. I was discriminated against and treated badly by all superiors when I attempted to bring the issues to their attention.
Pros
Good commission for receivables specialist
Cons
Hostile work enviroment
Run away from this company!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Prospect Heights, NYDecember 12, 2018
I would not recommend working for Greystar Management. Overworked and underpaid while being spoken to as if you are some type of peasant. Company culture is so fake, if you decide to work for Greystar...MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! Very cut throat environment and everyone is seriously all out for themselves.Very high turnover rate with an F rating with the BBB.
Pros
Sunday's Off
Cons
LazyShady Community Managers
Family
RECEIVABLES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 10, 2018
An amazing company to work for. The core values this company has are by far top notch. amazing opportunities with amazong management. Great benefits good pay
I Love Greystar!
Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 7, 2018
Greystar is a very relaxed environment to work in with no micro managing. It's a great company to be at in the long run! Upper management have great integrity and treats everyone fairly.
Unorganized from the beginning
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 7, 2018
Managers quitting as I was starting. Upper management never available to answer critical questions. Systems failing the second week I started. Never received proper training for that particular community.
Pros
Some great managers and work associates.
Cons
Insufficient training
There are better Companies
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2018
They may be the biggest, but they are far from the best. I did have an amazing Manager and team once. They made my experience much better and i am grateful
A great company!
Sr. Community Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2018
I love working for this company. I have wanted to work for Greystar for years now and I dont ever want to leave! Greystar's core values are impressive. The sense of team and family is overwhelming. There is so much room for growth and advancement as Greystar is constantly growing. They take pride in their name and it shows immensely!
Greystar is the best in continued education and promoting from within while supporting your advancement and achievements.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 2, 2018
As Property Management can be different everyday. Some days are great and some are more trying. Overall Greystar co-workers have instilled a sense and ownership in Teamwork. Greystar believes every team member is equally important for the success of the community. From the porter and housekeepers to the leasing, maintenance and management. The levels of continued training I have benefitted from and appreciate knowing that I can learn something new everyday if I choose too. This helps with being promoted quickly if you educate yourself and make it known that you're interested in upper management. My upper management have always been supportive and there for me to help me grow. I will miss working with Greystar and hope to find a company that has these same standards and supportive employees that believe in what Teamwork is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greystar Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight