Greystar Property Management Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
my first management job
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 16, 2018
I learned a lot from people who have been in this business for a long time and i was on a large property so it was very interesting learning how to work with many types of people. Weather they were angry or happy.
Greystar Review Summary
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Working for Greystar overall has been a pretty great experience. The industry is a bit more cutthroat than I personally care for but overall the company takes care of their employees.
Enjoyed working for Greystar
Community Manager, Greystar (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2018
Supportive upper management, team oriented, supported by core values, could use a more supportive HR team, enjoyed the team building awards for reaching team goals.
Pros
Bennifits
If you're ready for a mid-life crisis this job is for you!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 13, 2018
Well let's start of with the good things about Greystar.
- Great Benefits
-Paid Holidays (so long as they don't force you to work them)
-Nice healthy paychecks especially when you have commission.

Now for the Cons:
-Corporate cares about one thing and that's money. You are disposable to this company.

- You will never have a life outside of your work. You will spend every hour of everyday of your life committed to Greystar and they will rarely show their appreciation. ( Side note: God help you if you are applying to maintenance because odds are you'll be in call 75% of your time and will be absolutely overwhelmed day in and day out.)

-They care more about their A and B grade properties. Should you find yourself in a C list or lower be prepared that no matter how hard you work. It's never enough.

Be prepared to have massive anxiety working for this company. You will wake up every morning dreading the day ahead. Yes, the pay is great; however the amount of stress you endure will not compensate for it.
Pros
Benefits, Pay is Good
Workplace Culture
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2018
I have to work off the clock as an hourly employee to get everything done that is required. The owner of my current property under pays the staff and won't give us the financial resources for marketing or maintaining the property. Promises of promotions and pay raises are not put in writing and verbal promises are often forgotten about or denied within the company as a whole. Greystar is growing too fast and doesn't properly train employees and it is up to you to make friends with associates to get properly trained. I have personally trained half a dozen people on my own personal time off the clock because their immediate supervisors are "too busy".
Pros
Discounted Rent
Cons
Discount is only 20% at most properties
Greystar is an excellent company to work for with lots of opportunities to grow and succeed.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLAugust 12, 2018
I love Greystar and their core values. This company takes care of their employees needs and will help you grow in the process. They
Continually strive for excellent in all aspects of the properties they manage.
Great people working at Greystar. I had the privilege of working with wonderful property manager at a Greystar in Towson, Md
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at greystar. What really made it enjoyable was my co worker that I had the privilege of working with. From the regional manager , property manager, maintenance staff, and leasing.
Pros
Flexible working during Christmas and New year's
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Overall, an okay company.
Property Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 5, 2018
Overall, a good company. Benefits were good. Everyone was micromanaged terribly by the regional. Typical day was dealing with resident complaints, leasing, reports and conference calls. The culture was very stressful and did not reflect the Greystar Pillars.
Pros
Benefits, met good friends
Cons
Regional
Good property in Arizona
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 5, 2018
I enjoyed Greystar and honed in my pool maintenance skills at this property. Overall a good job - but had no potential to move up in the property. We relocated to Michigan for my wife's job.
Pros
Warm weather - friendly coworkers
Cons
Hot
Too large of a company for me
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 2, 2018
The company is so big that there is such a disconnect between corporate and onsite team. They make processes and procedures more complicated than they should be. There is minimal support from upper management and rarely any accountability. Accounting processes change with each accountant change so you are forever re-doing things you have already completed. I thought we were supposed to work together, but it felt like they were working against us at times.
Pros
Great benefits, advancement opportunities, travel
Cons
Too big, lack of communication, no accountability for upper management or accounting dept

Want to know more about Greystar Property Management?

Ask a question
Save yourself and don’t work for this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 30, 2018
Horrible company consumed with horrible people. The company used to be wonderful, but everything has changed. If you want to be harassed, have no outside life (unless your a popular manager or corporate team member) , and be told lies everyday then go for it. The only good thing is the benefits. Corporate team does whatever they want and are hypocrites to the little people who work so hard for them and when they don’t like you, you will be harassed until you can take no more.
Benefits
fast paced
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 30, 2018
very busy fast paced property friendly team members some long days lots of customer service complaints causes you to be middle man which can create many opportunities for customer service experience
Pros
great team
Cons
long days
Buen ambiente en el trabajo.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 27, 2018
Buenos companeros de trabajo,respetuosos,por ende buenas personas.
People were ok but fun to be around
Community Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJuly 27, 2018
Cool for a summer job. People were nice. The environment was ok. The management suck. Didn't really learn to much at the site. One of the best/worst jobs I have had.
Greystar
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2018
I wouldn't go back to work for this organization. I met many nice people, had no issues with management besides a few issues toward the end of my time there.
It was ok.
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 24, 2018
A day in working at Greystar was a pleasure. I am currently looking for the chance to progress or mature withing the company, but there does not look to be any more chances of advancement.
Great place
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 23, 2018
Miss this place.
Clock in. Check email. Phone calls. Tour. Lease. Bonus.
Learned that should had never left.
Management Excellent.
Workplace Excellent.
Challenge Hmmm None.
Enjoy Location
Pros
Cons
Meeting goals
Large company and good benefits
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2018
The company is large so it has a lot of great resources for training, connecting with people in your region, and potential for career growth. However, bureaucracy and office politics come into play because of this. The environment can be stressful day-to-day, but there is a lot of money to be made if you're at a nice property.
Pros
health care, vision, and dental are offered
Cons
Work never stops
Great Benefits
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2018
This company has its pros and cons. I loved working here at the beginning but after awhile I noticed that the company had little to no regard for their employees.
Fun Company. Good People. Great Pay
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2018
Onsite management was extremely poor. Overall, I do think the company as a whole was good. The property manager on the midtown property lacked professionalism in an extreme way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greystar Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight