GRID Alternatives Employee Reviews

4.7
Ratings breakdown
Absolutely the best learning experience for me entirely.
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee) –  Tulare County, CAMay 7, 2018
I am a big fan of construction and some destruction. The few houses i volunteered on showd me howto really the tools needed to signal sunraysand conduit bending
Pros
career advancements
Cons
not enough volunteer positions
The basics at work
Solar works dc (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 16, 2018
I learned how to install solar panels and hook up micros . I learned how to put rails and beems down, I learned how to use a lot of power tools , And I also learned that safety is over speed at all times
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
1 hour breaks
Excellent Place to Volunteer
Volunteer Solar Installation Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaMarch 8, 2018
I love GRID. They gave me the opportunity for real hands on experience in Solar installation. Thanks to them I have the knowledge and skill to install residential compliant PV systems.
Volunteer job
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 1, 2018
Volunteer Job I collaborate in the installation of solar panel for low income tax hold-owners. People very friendly, But also it was a good experience for hands on on the field. Using and practicing procedures to complete the installation of the system.Also some practicing of electrical field.
It is a great place to learn and gain hands on experience.
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2018
I was a volunteer at Grid Alternatives with a few colleagues of mines. Our professor for solar at the time advised us to attend the seminars and meeting the company does and helps us understand how to work in the business.
Exciting & collaborative place to work where you can make a real impact
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2018
I worked at GRID for over three years in multiple roles, and can not say enough great things about the organization. No mater your position you get to directly contribute to and see the impact of GRID's mission of helping undeserved communities access the benefits of solar.

Without sacrificing a sense of urgency and fast paced work timelines, GRID is able to maintain a relaxed vibe and laid back culture with amazing benefits such as over a month of PTO and flex schedules.

One of the greatest benefits to working at GRID are the opportunities for professional development. In addition to providing employees with a PD budget each year, individuals are encouraged and trained to take on new roles/responsibilities and initiatives.

Overall I think GRID is an exciting and rewarding place to work!
productive with great mentors
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 25, 2018
I was a volunteer with my school. We installed solar panels bent conduit and did electrical wiring. It was safe and the instructors had lots of patience.
fun
Solar PV installer trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2018
it was a fun. and everyone is like a family. it was hot and cold. you had people who didn't do anything. but u had people who did. the people was fun and cool
Very Passionate About Solar
Solar Panel Installer, Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Grid is a fantastic company to volunteer for. Not only are you learning how to install solar panels but you are helping those who are less fortunate at the same time.
Great environment!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 21, 2017
my short stay at GRID alternative was amazing and i enjoyed working with everyone there! Everyone was kind and helpful, made me feel like part of the team.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing
Residential Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2017
A great place to work. My knowledge base was able to expand and the ability to help people was another plus. Changing the source of where a customer obtains their energy and being able to educate them on that was extremely fulfilling.
fun
Crew Lead/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  crew lead volunteerNovember 4, 2017
fun place to work or even volunteer but their workers are given more than they should to complete work. long hours and unrealistic deadlines.
the people are great the culture is fun.
Great Internship
Solar PV Installer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 27, 2017
My time with grid alternatives was a great hands on training internship with them I got my basic installer knowledge through their program an now seeking a career in solar.
good place to volunteer with
Volunteer Photovoltaic Installer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 17, 2017
got hands on training on installing a solar array. The leads were friendly and very informative. They taught us how to bend conduit run wire, install racking system. put in innverters mount pannels etc..
Good for experience
Grid Alternatives Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, CAJuly 24, 2017
Overall the job was a good learning experience, but unfortunately only me and a few other volunteers got to really learn because the others weren't 18 and couldn't be on the roof. Everyone else basically learned nothing. however I am grateful that I got to learn.
Pros
Free lunch and experience
Cons
they didn't really let us do much
Grid trained me to the solar
Solar Installation Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2017
looking forward to work in a best company and have good leader as Grid SIS with a full 100% to teach any skill to have more ability on giving the best to the company and it can get better at the jobsite.
Amazing Company
Community Volunteer Positions (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2017
I had the opportunity to volunteer with this company and have enjoyed each experience. The work is fun and challenging, employees are pleasant and passionate about their work. Lots of room for growth, training, job placement, and advancement.
productive and fun enviroment
Volunteer Solar Installer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 25, 2017
always learning something new. Very friendly and get to explore more in the industry. Technology is always improving and the company is always there to help customers with there saving energy
fun and educational place to work for
Solar Installer Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
on a typical day on this job we usually look at the design of the layout , prepare for the install. I learned the whole aspect of installing solar modules.
Pros
free lunch, good learning experience
Cons
you sometime have to work in high heat
Worked in fast-paced environment.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 22, 2017
Great place to start! Lots of interesting work and you can learn a lot. Lots of tasks that come up and people are all very into the overall philosophy of the company.