Griffin Hospital Employee Review

View all Griffin Hospital reviews

It is a pleasant/planetree work enviroment.
Cardiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTAugust 6, 2013
At Griffin Hospital a typical work day consists of greeting patients as they come in, setting up for daily testing, pulling schedules and charts as needed, checking printers for any add-on tests and prepare for each test appropriately. I set up the patients and stress lab for doctor then assist the doctors with stress tests. I also have to make sure all medications are logged, not expired and secured at all times and check defibrillator everyday to be sure it is in working order. Also have to check the temperature of the refrigerator where other medications are stored.
While working at Griffin Hospital I have learned to read EKG's, scan Holter Monitors, check pace makers and Stress Testing.
Co-workers are always a pleasure to be around and we all help each other if needed.
The hardest part of the day I would have to say is trying to keep everyone on the same schedule when you're working with 2-3 different departments.
But the most enjoyable part of any day would be when my patient is having a test and they say "thank you for taking the time for me". Most patients come in anxious about the test because the unknown can be scary, but I found if you just take a couple extra minutes to really explain the test to the patient their anxiety levels will come down from a 10 to a 1 or a 2. Knowing that I had something to do with that makes me feel like I did my job for the day. Comfort is everything and patients appreciate it.
Pros
love to get up in the morning to go to work
Cons
not enough hours and no advancement in position

Other Griffin Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place- Wish they paid more
Per Diem Nurse (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTApril 10, 2018
Great environment in a community hospital with excellent managers- Unfortunately, their salaries are not competitive- I love working there and wish I could afford to do so full time
Pros
Culture; people
Cons
wages
very stressful.
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 5, 2018
every day was a challenge, you never knew if that day was going to be the day you got hit or spit on or assaulted.
you are constantly observing the consumers and some will like you and others will hate you.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
high anxiety and trauma is pushed on you every day