Griffin Hospital Employee Reviews

Awful workplace
Hospital employee (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTNovember 19, 2012
Working at Griffin Hospital started out great but over the past year it has done a 360 and now many of the employees hate working there.
Huron was brought in to help the hospital due a turnaround since they are bleeding money. All that Huron accomplished in doing was wrecking the work environment and causing morale to take a big dive but they left with fat wallets.
Management treats the employees very unprofessionally and in a demeaning manner. I am currently looking for work elsewhere but I regret coming to work at the place that once was one of the Best place to work.
Cons
low pay, awful parking, awful morale.
Overworked UNDERPAYED
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTNovember 18, 2012
This place is a terrible place to work. Overworked underpayed. They expect more and more from employees. But employees do not see any type of increase in pay. Yet management recieves their increases. Worked there over 10 years asked for supervisor postion. No advancement..yet they still pile on the work. Even though times are tough they should really learn how to keep excellent working employees there. Revolving door there is tremendous. Very clicky place. If you are not one to be in a click they somehow push you out the door. Care in this hospital is absolutely awful. Their all involved in the Planetree philosphy yet I believe alot of the nurses and management need another leason in Planetree. Alot of the nurses are rude and condescending. Management cares about the looks of the hospital not the employees they hire. Let me repeat CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY. POOR POOR POOR!!!!
Understaffed & overworked
Multi Skilled Technician (Former Employee) –  Derby crNovember 5, 2012
During my 8 yrs there its a lot of who u know and as long as griffin looks pretty is the only real concern .clicky nurses and doctors that have little to no patients real issues . Forced to leave due to too much patient neglect without resorting to a whistle blower.alot of patient neglect .
Pros
free parking
Cons
patient neglect
They really went downhill fast!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTOctober 20, 2012
I worked for Griffin Hospital and it used to be a wonderful place to work. Within 2 years they went downhill fast! It is now a horrible working environment! (reason I left). They treat their employees awful, are SO understaffed, overworked and underpaid. Management is terrible and not fair. The hospital is now under financial problems and it wouldn't surprise me if they closed within 5 years. They now have a company called the Huron Group within the hospital to try and save it. This is the same thing that happened to St. Raphaels Hospital in New Haven and they ended up being bought out anyway. I feel sorry for the employees and from what I hear alot of the good, trusted valued employees got sick of being treated like dirt and moved on to better positions where they are valued, compensated well, and treated with respect the way it should be.
Pros
food was wonderful!
Cons
terrible working environment
Multi Skilled Technician (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTJune 25, 2012
The management there is amazing! There are so many oppertunities to learn, they are constantly educating thier employees and making sure that they can be the best they can be! Everyone is great. The only problem is that they are very short staffed so a lot of times ur put alone on the floor, without another MST to split the work load with. But because of this there are always great opportunities for overtime!
Pros
great staff, and your constantly being educated!
Cons
short staffed so you work alone quite a bit
Employee Friendly and patient driven.
Front End Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTJune 5, 2012
Enjoyable relaxed working enviornment. The staff took patient satisfaction as key priority.
Nursing care is very scary!
ex-employee (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTMay 4, 2012
The nurses are very scary handling medications in ways the docs didn't order. They are kind of catty too, talking badly about patients and other staff when they think no one is looking. Sometimes even when they know someone is there, I guess just so they can 'look cool' to other people.
Pros
gorgeous environment
Cons
too many to list
A typical at work consists of assisting 10 physical therapists and 2 occupational therapists.
Physical Medicine Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTMay 1, 2012
A typical day at work consists of scheduling patients and setting them up in their examining rooms or aqua therapy. Updating productivity charts, medical address lists and managing correspondence from therapists to doctors. I gained a huge education of what it is like to work in a health institution. Griffin management has a "people oriented" methodology which allows the staff to have respect of one another and work as a finely oiled team. Griffin Hospital also serves as the flagship hospital for Planetree, an international leader in patient-centered care and has received national recognition for creating a facility and approach to patient care that is responsive to the needs of patients.

The co-workers are very supportive and always pick up the slack when needed. They are a cast of colorful characters that I enjoy working with them. The hardest part of the job was understanding state insurance policies and procedures that my co-worker has helped me with on several occasions. The most enjoyable part of my job is the comradery and friendships that we have developed with one another. It makes the day go by quickly and is a nice feeling that we constantly work as a team.
bad place to work for
Envoirnmental (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTDecember 21, 2011
If your a per diem, it just aint worth it working at this place. People love to screw you over on hours but if your salary or a patient at the hospital then its nice.
Pros
good benefits, percent raise
Cons
unexpected hours cut, overworked/ free labor