Griffith Energy Services Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDMay 7, 2019
Very relaxed environment but lacks leadership skills and training, Needs more incentives for employees. Needs more structure for employees to be able to function in line of work.
Pros
Open with attendance understands emergencies
Cons
Short lunches and working on snow days
Griffith Energy Services means well, but like most corporate companies...the people that actually do the work are treated as indentured servants.
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 7, 2019
Come in and start work on your scheduled calls. Calls are moved around from one tech to another all day so there is really no planning.

You never know what you are doing the next day as things change all day.

Management tries, but is usually overwhelmed so a lot of things fall through the cracks. A lot of money is given back to unjustified complaints by management, then the technicians suffer for it.

CEO seems like a very kind hearted guy and means well by all his employees and customers. His underlings however, not so much.

CSRs that answer the phones either don't write down what customers call in for or just don't care. Most calls that come to you are skewed or ambiguous so you are not very prepared for them before going. There may be a customer that calls in for a blower not working then asks if we can bring an air filter out at time of repair, gives the CSR the information for what exact type of air filter it is and they put the call in as "No heat. Go some time between 12 and 7:30 pm."

As a whole, the work environment is pretty relaxed. You can pretty much get away with all but killing someone and not be fired, but if you are someone who actually cares about being productive, you end up getting the work that other people dragging their feet don't finish in their scheduled day.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the slack that is never observed nor punished. Anyone who really wants to do well and take care of customers is usually picking up the slack and getting screwed because there is no accountability for those that on a daily basis
  more... drag their feet and don't care(employee mentality).

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to work with co-workers you like.
Pros
Decent benefits, guaranteed 40 hrs per week.
Cons
Low pay, on call by yourself for 4 counties; might end up working all night.
This Job is a Poor Excuse of a Company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDDecember 14, 2018
If you are looking for a job where they actually care about you and your well being? Griffith is DEF. not the job. They don’t care about you being sick, dying, are in a different state, as long as you make it to work. Everyone cares about themselves and it’s not a good company as a whole. You would think they would treat you better if you’re taking the everyday from screaming customers but no they just care about themselves. I definitely don’t recommend working here
Pros
The disaster of working for Griffith, live and learn.
Fuel Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 26, 2018
Trucks were built to refill houses for home heating oil, not refilling fleets of trucks at night. Wrong Nozzle, trucks broke or had issues daily. Handheld scanners held issues daily. After 2 1/2 months I had enough. I ran into a former employee of Griffith at another employer, I asked him how long he lasted at Griffith before quitting? Answer 1 month. Asked why? The trucks broke every single day, it was a joke. I replied that is exactly why I left. There has to be better elsewhere.
Pros
In order to appreciate a good employer, you have to experience a bad one. This was a BAD one.
Cons
Supervisor lies about everything.
Productive & fun place to work.
Scheduler - Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDJune 10, 2018
Great company I enjoy being apart of the team! Fast pace during September - April. Driver's are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I work with CS Dept and Service Dept addressing delivery questions and ETA's. Griffith HR Dept does great job keeping you informed on what's new, changes and goals.
Workplace Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDMay 3, 2018
I was allowed to learn a lot in many different aspects of the company for which I am grateful. There were a lot of inner office promotions that came up, for which employees were looked at first,
No Room To Grow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDApril 20, 2018
Griffith is a place to work until you can find something more challenging and grow in the field you would like to be proficient in. No room to move from any position.
Pros
Managers are laid back
Cons
Short lunches low pay
Essential services to service to community in the dead of the winter
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDFebruary 8, 2018
High demand in delivering oil in the winter time and installing equipment in weather in a rough terrain learn to lot great experience from all my driving experiences interacting with customers and the public I'm now driving for Uber and my skills all come together I am excellent customer service representative for any company
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
Discount at the gym facilities
Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2017
Drove and loaded 3800-gallon tanker truck. Delivered diesel fuel (on-site-fueling) to customers in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Collected and carried out data from financial invoices and truck inspection, for administrative reports. Provided close contact with customers and upper management to ensure that purchases and products were correct, independently.
Pros
Great supervisor, great team, great mechanics and helpful office assistants.
Cons
Afternoon shift, missed family time.
Griffith Energy Services
Regional Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDApril 30, 2017
Griffith provides an opportunity for advancement for hard working and dedicated employees. You will meet challenges, as in any position, so it is important to pay attention, be efficient and effective.
Good job, good coworkers
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed my job- no micro managing, helpful manager, fun coworkers. Company does a lot of fun events and cares about employees- small business atmosphere.
We all got along and very family orientated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2017
NIce fast pace work but with a calm environment. Team came first too everyone. The management treated us like we made a difference in people lives and that inspired me to be more passionate about working.
Company interests
service technician (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVDecember 3, 2015
This company is interested in nothing more than pushing sales, sales, sales!! Not customer service.

They don't support the techs, they just push for more and more sales.
A typical work day
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work is steady. assisting customers, taking orders, and applying the skills i have to convey excellent customer service is something i must do on a daily basis. i have learned a lot about how to calm an upset customer. my working environment and all management are very friendly and are great to work for/ with. the hardest part of my job is having an upset customer call, sometimes they are difficult to calm. the most enjoyable part of my job is assisting customers and getting the satisfaction of helping them and they having them show their gratitude. i have had a customer personally thank me by coming to our office and giving me a bouquet of flowers. it was the most rewarding feeling.
Pros
great working environment, opportunities to advance in the company
Decent overall place to work
Hvac Technician (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, Frederick MDAugust 10, 2014
It is a 8 hour plus work day. Rotating on call. Paid lunch, paid travel time. Company vehicle. Nice lead and safety incentives. I have been overall pleased to work for the company until recently. There have been recent issues surrounding confidentiality. One manager in particular has been difficult to work with.
Pros
Company Vehicle, no lay offs, advanced in field
Cons
Unprofessional Managers, Confidentiality
happy job
Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2014
go to work repair any vehicles that are broke the any vehicle that need to be pm are done have fun talking to the drivers when there is no problem with there vehicle the end of the day is the enjoyable part of the day
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
not enough breaks
Good workplace that really wants you to work no matter what
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 20, 2013
I loved this job! It is a long day in the summer because there isn't much work, but winter time is very busy and keeps the day going!
The most enjoyable part of the job
Credit Analyst / Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 24, 2013
Helping my customers manage their heating bill. Seeing retentive sales increase and customer base grow because of my efforts to work out credit issues resulting from billing discrepancies.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
commute
Flexible company with great work enviroment.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDJanuary 30, 2013
Overall a nice place to work. It is a laid back culture focused on getting results in a safe manner. Complete your tasks and keep saftey in mind and it will be a great work experience. The compensation is not that great but for an entry level person it is a great start to your career.
Nice place to work.
Inventory and Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 28, 2012
Handle all the oil and gas invoices to be paid. Great management. The co-workers are great. I learn alot from this company because I was able to do alot of different areas in the company.
Pros
nice hours