Grifols Employee Reviews

Found 1,659 reviews matching the search See all 1,741 reviews
Not worth it the stress
Donor Center Technician Lead/Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Very toxic environment with favoritism for certain employees. Employees with the most experience are overlooked and in certain times harrased by management or quality until they quit or are fired. There is no advancement due to the fact that new people are highered to cover such positions. It’s a job that requires multitasking, standing for long periods of time, and moving about to help in other areas as needed for donor flow. Management is very unprofessional and can go about mistreating workers and there is no HR to help with center injustices that are overlooked. Donors wait for long periods of time to donate and are often mistreated by staff and even management.
Pros
There can be great team work to help with donor flow.
Cons
30 minute lunch and no breaks.
It's a good place of employment
Quality Operations Assistant Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCJanuary 4, 2019
PTO disclosure occurred after hired not before I accepted the job. Some mandatory shut downs require you to use your own PTO. The management is not consistent across the board.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
I very much enjoyed working at this company.
Donor Center Technician- District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2019
Learned how to work on a team. I learned how to work efficiently and effectively. I also took away from this career how to train others, how to familiarize myself with standard operating procedures, and how to contribute to a team environment.
dct/phelb
Donor Center Technician /Phelbotomist/Lab/ Quality (Former Employee) –  ILNovember 28, 2018
this was the best job ever there was so many new people you meet every day you make sure they are eligible to donate and then make sure they are comfortable throughout the process
N/a
Donor Center Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 12, 2019
The job pays well but that’s it. They don’t promote very much within... and they are sometimes racially basis. Overall, I enjoyed it because the donors were great people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No growth
great company to work for
Accounting Supervisor, Accounts Payable Travel (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2018
enjoyed learning new aspects of accounts payable
learned a ne system CONCUR for travel
managing a new team was exciting

very poor manager
great team
reviewed all the American Express bill and approving prior to processing and paying
enjoyed the experience working with American Express representative, going over various issues.
running and reviewing various travel reports.
reviewing all employees expense reports exceptions.
Pros
excellent opportunity
Cons
poor manager in charge of the department
Grifols Therapeutics
Engineering Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCFebruary 6, 2019
Not the same place it was before Grifols acquired it. High turnover. Talented personnel are not empowered to make decision unless senior leadership in Europe approve.
Pros
Great cafeteria, OK benefits, annual bonus
Cons
Nepotism, favoritism, leadership manages by fear, talent pool is wasted by oppressive senior leadership.
Not worth it
Plasma Lab Technician, Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 30, 2019
I was there for about a year, the first assistant manager that hired me on was a fair manager and the training was consistent, she gave flexible hours with my school and it was rather enjoyable. After she left, a new assistant manager came on and the whole places turned upside down. I got written up because I had the stomach flu, shortly after I got the flu virus (yes I was sick back to back) and I got written up again, even though I had documentation I tried to provide to the management proving my validity for missing so much.
The management is not ethical, they don’t care, they are more concerned about making money than caring about the employees and you are treated as despensable.

Even growth within the company is only through favoritism, one girl was trained in all areas, been there 5 years was a lead in 2 areas for 3 years and was 1000% qualified for OS. 2 OS positions open up, they brought someone in who lived 2 HOURS away and the other one was filled by someone who had been there for 6 months and was only trained in 2 areas. I call highly quenstionable ethics on that.

Don’t work here unless you’re desperate for money.
Pros
Someone’s coworkers are nice
Cons
Short lunch, short breaks, poor management, toxic
best place to work
EDI Functional/Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 15, 2019
Great place to work. Best managers, supervisors and team.
Everyone of professional, decent and performs their job with the highest level of maturity and understanding.
Best place I have ever worked
The job was great, not management
Phlebotomist/ Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 10, 2019
The job was made difficult by management. The turnover rate is highly reflective of how the employees are treated. Even donors can feel the tension between the staff. Not a healthy work environment.
fun fast paced enviroment
Purification Technician (Tech III) (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCDecember 17, 2018
fun fast paced environment, interesting job, management and human resources are definitely not on employee side and will let you go in a min without blinking an eye, doesn't matter how ling you have been there working hard for them
Pros
fun
Cons
management
What is stated in interview is not what you get.
Medical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJanuary 21, 2019
In my interview i was told that i would be doing certain duties but after i began working there i was not performing said duties. When questioned why i was not allowed to do said duties management got upset with me and I was written up for insubordination.
Run Away
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2018
Poor management. As long you was a part of the clique “culture “, you will be fine. Regional manager is very disrespectful. Very unorganized. The CQM at the Chicago 87th location is very rude, cold hearted and arrogant. It’s best do quit before they set people up to fire them!The whole culture treat employees and the donors inferior to them. They talk about people behind their backs. Back stabbing. If you need a job, work until a new opportunity comes. That organization will set people up for failure. Chicago location is very ghetto.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not worth the politics
Manufacturing technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Management us bad as well as the culture in this organization as well, If you end up getting a position in frac you better have some great knee pads t get somewhere.
Plasma
Center Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 21, 2019
There is a lot to learn about the plasma industry, but if blood is not your thing, it is best to work in another medical arena. You grow in other areas if you don't like being around blood.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You have to work weekends
Expected work days and fast pace environment
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2019
A lot of growth potential within the company, hard work is noticed and acknowledged. Company shuts down twice a year which gives a nice vacation time for everyone.
New management, ridiculous job expectations, favoritism, no advancement
Center Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 25, 2018
Used to be a fun place to work. Co-workers were awesome. Management changed and it became a struggle to go to work. Big ego's to fill. They want you to do your job and everyone else's with no pay raise. No compromise, no team initiative. Micromanaging where it was not broken to begin with. Learned a lot, built wonderful relationships. You are not to be a "nurse" here. The goal is to overlook issues to push the donors through. Your training is not valid here. Quality manager is willing to overlook issues and read between the lines for donor numbers. Short staffed, everyone is leaving that has been there a long time.
Pros
Great insurance and co-workers
Cons
Low pay, micromanaging, low morale, staff leaving
Okay
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJanuary 21, 2019
Works with your schedule. The environment is very unprofessional.

Recommend during school. Not somewhere you can work long term unless you have supportive management that is focused on progressing their employees, but that is not the focus when it comes to employees.
Questionable ethics
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 25, 2019
I worked at Grifols for almost two years, the first 6-8 months with the company was rather enjoyable, however, after a new manager became the CM of this location, it greatly declined. Management ethics and how it treated it's employees was HIGHLY questionable and I experienced quite a bit of unfair treatment from management and quality improvement. I often felt like I had a bulls-eye on my back.

Any TINY mistake I made, they made it out to be a major one, while other's made similar mistakes, just as often, but didn't receive a shred of criticism. A lot of gossip and in fighting, it was management/quality improvement vs regular employees and it was unbelievably vicious between both groups. Management was unusually cruel, harsh and didn't provide any sort of empathy whenever employees fell sick or if a family member fell ill and we needed time away from work.

Management also would retaliate against it's employees who would talk to HR about issues they faced from management.

Anyone who plans to work there, I suggest you find another entry level medical position elsewhere. This place is highly unprofessional with how it treats it's employees, management would often threaten employees with their job and attempting to dictate what we're allowed to say in the break room. If you value your sanity and wish to keep a more positive mindset, then steer clear of Grifols Biomat in Council Bluffs.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
gossip, in fighting, cut throat, stressful, unethical, hostile, long hours
Good starter job, not a career opportunity.
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTFebruary 9, 2019
No room for career advancement.
Overall good workplace with amazing staff and management.
Attendance policy is strict and limited to "occurrences" there is no calling in without penalty of occurrences that potentially lead up to termination.
Pros
friendly staff, understanding management.
Cons
Short or no breaks besides lunch (which is only 30 min), no opportunity to advance, unqualified leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grifols. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight