Grifols Employee Reviews

Found 1,610 reviews matching the search See all 1,690 reviews
Run Away
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2018
Poor management. As long you was a part of the clique “culture “, you will be fine. Regional manager is very disrespectful. Very unorganized. The CQM at the Chicago 87th location is very rude, cold hearted and arrogant. It’s best do quit before they set people up to fire them!The whole culture treat employees and the donors inferior to them. They talk about people behind their backs. Back stabbing. If you need a job, work until a new opportunity comes. That organization will set people up for failure. Chicago location is very ghetto.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great Company to work for
Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 6, 2018
Great company to work for. Within my first year I was trainer. I soon became a phlebotomist for about a year and a half and applied for the Quality position. I was promoted as a Quality Associate and enjoyed learning all new things Grifols had to offer.
Nice work place
Donor center technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2018
Needs better management to make sure important things are not misplaced and to guarantee Payment is on time and if not handle the situation with care and not be nonchalant
Very judgemental place
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 5, 2018
It was a nice job but management there is very contradictive and unorganized would tell u to do one thing then minutes later tell u to do another very inconsistent also they want you to be upbeat but not have fun with donors and employees also if ur of lgbt they have an issue with you being yourself becuase they are very prejudice and think that donors will complain and not want to come if you're of that lifestyle also if you're not comfortable screening donors becuase of outside relations they wont accommodate or care and actually flip it on u and say you're not fit for the center which in turn isnt fair because you cant control what issues you have with people or they have with you also they are very clique oriented there which is unacceptable even managers as well...
Pros
Cons
Very judgemental and prejudice and not understanding or accomidating
Training for a better job
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 5, 2018
Grifols allow a person with no experience using a 16 gauge needle to perform venipuncture on a willing participant. This allows that person to be taught without attending college. This also allows an entry-level position turn into a hospital occupation.
Pros
It is a teaching institution.
Cons
Pay is very low for the exceptions that want performed.
Good
LEAD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
Was a good place to work and now that atmosphere is changing for the worse. The industry is changing and grifols is having a hard time keeping up despite the revenue they make.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Manegment cares less about you
It takes a special someone, but not me
employee (Current Employee) –  West CoastDecember 1, 2018
Unless you can play the game don't bother working for this company. A typical day will have you doing several screening, sticks, physicals, and hurting a lot of strangers feelings. It will also have many your decisions not being supported ( if you work in my center) by management and you going home drained mentally. You will work with a lot of great people just trying to get through the day and meet some awesome people doing a good thing, but the corporate game is strong here.
Good job starting out
Center Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2018
Good first job for a nurse. Very busy and hectic. Lots of turn over with staff and management. I enjoyed the nursing position. Nurses are responsible for donor assessments.
great company to work with
Phlebotomist/ DCT (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 30, 2018
management was always helpful
they offer training and cross train
great work environment
plenty of hours if you like to work OT
able to move up
job stability
Poorly run facility
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2018
Grifols was one of the worst places I worked for. It is in a prodominatley low income neighborhood, which allowed for crimes to happen in and outside the facility with no concern or protection of its employees.
The sanitary conditions were just as bad, there were several clients that came in regularly that were drunk, high on drugs or were infested with bedbugs. And the management allowed them to donate anyway.
Pros
Cons
poor pay and poor management
Packaging Department is unorganized and a complete mess!
Packaging Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCNovember 29, 2018
Simply not what I expected! Packaging department is a mess! And most of the people, MESSY! Very unorganized! No work life balance! Machines constantly breaking down! I could go on and on!!
Pros
Pay, 401k
Cons
Changing schedule constantly, outdated equipment, messy management, etc...
Glad I left this company
Donor Processor (Intake) (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 28, 2018
The work is repetitive and dull, you're worked to the bone and the management was condescending and rude. The profit margin on a bottle of plasma can be up to 4000%, the people who are "donating" are being robbed of their dignity and time.
dct/phelb
Donor Center Technician /Phelbotomist/Lab/ Quality (Former Employee) –  ILNovember 28, 2018
this was the best job ever there was so many new people you meet every day you make sure they are eligible to donate and then make sure they are comfortable throughout the process
great company to work for
Accounting Supervisor, Accounts Payable Travel (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2018
enjoyed learning new aspects of accounts payable
learned a ne system CONCUR for travel
managing a new team was exciting

very poor manager
great team
reviewed all the American Express bill and approving prior to processing and paying
enjoyed the experience working with American Express representative, going over various issues.
running and reviewing various travel reports.
reviewing all employees expense reports exceptions.
Pros
excellent opportunity
Cons
poor manager in charge of the department
Great learning experience
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 27, 2018
I loved working for grifols, I loved the people I encountered. The many life stories and the relationships with the donors I will miss the most. Great learning experience working there.
Great work but bad environment
Plasma Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 23, 2018
The work you do is almost worth the miscommunication and favoritism. I have witnessed a lot or prejudice, agism, and sexism. No day is the same in any center. I think I have learned more about myself than I have about the plasma industry in the time I have been working at Grifols. Management favors employees who work very little and complain but definitely depends on the "go-getters" and employees who will always pick up the slack. The workplace is very much like being in high school cliques and it can get very petty and catty at times. Although, I feel that can be any workplace. The hardest part about the job is having to pick up the slack and be victim to workplace gossip. It never ends. The most enjoyable part, though, is working in a giving environment. The actual work is very enjoyable and Grifols offers so much to their employees. We often have had different kinds of celebrations for different milestones and achievements center wide.
dependable
Testing Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 23, 2018
fun going to work. you get bonuses. u get paid time off. you are guaranteed 40 hours a week. they give 20 bucks on thanksgiving. u can work in Austin or san marcos
needs improvement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 22, 2018
overall i had some great co workers. But the turn over rate is crazy. Always understaffed. Not good communication. Favoritism. Management would get upset if staff needed help.
Great place for Busy work
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 21, 2018
My day at work in Grifols consisted of a lot of different situations that kept me busy. From logisitcal work to communication with donors and working in a freezer, I stayed very busy.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lack of management success
great
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 21, 2018
I currently work here and i absolutely love it. You do not need training as they train you to do your job safely and correctly. It took me a while to get in but i love it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grifols. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight