Grifols

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Management values plasma donations over employee safety.

I have worked for this company for about 2 years now, and I am ready to leave. The only reason I have stayed as long as I have, is because of my coworkers. I genuinely don't feel safe at work sometimes. This is due to donors feeling entitled to the compensation fees. The instant they are denied to donate, they start to threaten people. When this is brought to the attention of the management staff they are lenient purely for the fact that they do not want to lose donors.

Loved my coworkers.

It was hard to leave my coworkers, but I had to find a higher paying position. Everyone got their full breaks ALWAYS. Management tried to keep a supply of snacks for staff. Also a great assortment of kcups in break room. Management were also approachable & tried to keep the job fun.

Caring Management, Slow to Action

Corporate management seems to genuinely care about the employees, going to great lengths to ensure that everyone remains employed. With that said, they are reactionary with their compensation schemes when compared with others in the same space.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Reactionary Management

Donors can be fun to work with but when you get busy and need help good luck having people from other positions be sent to help.

The company is more worried about the numbers and wont give the proper staff and training to have these goals met. Staff is underpaid for what you have to deal with on a daily.

Pros

Flexible with school.

Cons

Short sometimes no breaks, lunch either super early or late, donors can be short tempered

Wonderful Donors, meaningful work! Horrible Management!

Wonderful donors, never a dull moment, days fly by because you are always busy! Most times over worked due to high turn over. This company has a hard time keeping employees due to management and scheduling. Always under staffed leads to zero flexibility in scheduling and over worked! What should be 4 phlebotomist on the floor is often only 2! Causing long wait times and frustrated donors that the phlebotomist have to deal with! Most hourly employees have the same complaints about the job feeling unappreciated and frustrated at the lack of staff and long hiring process!

Pros

Benefits and meaningful work!

Cons

Horrible work life balance! Horrible management

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Long hours no home life

If you like to never go home this is the place for you. If you like to smell garbage you will love this job. The people are rude. They cuss out center staff. Management does nothing

Pros

Cons

No lunch, no bonus, no yearly raise, and you get called out your name by the homeless and crackheads

Fast paced, Forced OT, Skeleton crews

A fast paced environment with short staffed crews. Most shifts feel like a skeleton crew with forced OT in order to bring up head count. The company has a very high turnover rate. Management is TERRIBLE. Very condescending and always tends to bring down morale. Management pushes production and expects you to perform the job correctly and on time which causes many mistakes. It's a good way to get into the bio-tech/pharma industry, but that's about it.

Benefits

Cons

Management, Forced OT, Pay

Low pay

The pay is the main reason for the high turnover rates. The pay is honestly insulting. No raises for anyone and the company keeps throwing money at the donors but can't pay their employees at the industry average. They do a good job at training you, but the new system is not user friendly. I adore everyone I work with, but the pay is bad.

Fun Workplace

Grifols is a good place to work for , there is a good job security. The benefits and pay is good. Grifols makes you feel like you got a second family at work.

benefits

Cons

lunch

It was okay

Management was okay. I learned alot of things that I didn’t think I could do. I had great training. My trainers were hard on me which I liked but in a good way!

Pros

workers

Cons

pay, breaks, management

Wonderful Company

I have been with Grifols for 5 years. With hard work and dedication I have been able to advance with the company. The pay could be better as I believe we are behind with current rates. The benefits are great and the company shows they care in many ways.

Pros

Company Culture, Advancement

Cons

Pay, work life balance

Fast paced work environment, customer service oriented

Grifols is a great company to work for. Great benefits, good work/life balance. Sometimes members of management can be difficult, but overall I’ve enjoyed my time working for the company. I feel taken care of, and a sense of job security.

Pros

Great healthcare, Pto

This company has no class.

The egos running this company are out of control. Upper echelon of management feels no obligation to listen to the people working for them and it seems even less obligation to do their job by understanding what it takes to do what they expect. They can't manage their managers. No critical conversation can be had about production methodologies, process effectiveness, or process adjustments without risking or losing your job. Company will stress accountability until it comes time to take it, then it is every man for themselves. Root cause analysis of issues may happen only after someone(anyone) has been disciplined. Some management positions are filled by people with more ambition than ability and hourly people will be expected and pushed to make them look more competent than they are. There is nothing worse than working for people who don't know what your job is. If you are a seasoned professional I would steer clear of this company. The company definetly plays favorites and in my experience it has a very perverted notion of "professionalism".

Pros

Hourly people are helpful and committed.

Cons

Management is untrustworthy, Lacks ability to reverse direction and instead will double down on bad strategies, Company will find any reason to not pay hourly people (raises, bonuses, etc.)

Wonderful coworkers and donors

My coworkers and the donors were wonderful. Advancement is pretty easy. The problem with that is that some of the slackers advance and leave the work for everyone else. The Phlebs work very hard with constant under staffing and are continually put down by the Quality Manager. I was in the Quality department with another great coworker. While the Quality Manager spent most of her time crying or snapping at everyone, we ran the office. That is why my coworker and I both left. The center was a very good one until this particular CQM took the role.

Pros

Great donors and coworkers, great benefits, ability to promote

Cons

The crying, snapping Quality Manager

Hours

I love this job and think the management and inclusiveness is great. You don’t get but one 30 minute break though and I’ve had a hard time being able to get a schedule that works for me and my personal life.

Pros

Helpful Leads

Cons

No breaks/short lunch

Horrible

You are just a number here. They do not care if you are sick and want you to come to work. You barely get family time and no life. They work you like dogs and play favorites. Worst place I ever worked.

Pros

They bought breakfast and lunch sometimes

Cons

Short breaks, work holidays, they do not listen to you when there is a problem

Productive and fun

Good place to start in the pharmaceutical world. Great pay and benefits. The work is steady paced and on the job training is good. There is some downtime, so breaks are good too.

Pros

Schedule, pay, and benefits

Cons

Management and supervisors

High paced worl environment interacting with donors

High work volume, low pay. No paid cross training. Management is all over the place so your work progress are really based on how much you're liked by them.

The Lack of Leadership is Why Employees Leave

I worked for Grifols more than 10 years and now I don't. The lack of leadership is HORRENDOUS. There is no care or concern for the employees seemingly from corporate on down. Management does not care if the workers are overworked or short staffed. They still expect you to keep up production. The management at the center where I worked was non-existent and showed no leadership ability whatsoever. The Regional Operation Manager would come to the center and no one would ever voice their real concerns because they figured, what's the use...not like he cared either. And that is how they made all of they employees feel, as if they did not care. Management wouldn't even speak to the employees when they entered the center so, you wouldn't even know that they were in the building until you passed by the office. Grifols really needs to regroup and clean house because, they are losing some really good employees due to awful management.

Pros

Grifols does pay fairly well compared to other plasma centers and the benefits are really good.

Cons

No leadership, accountability or teamwork

Flexible schedule and great coworkers

Overall, I really love working at grifols . Would be better if we were paid more. The turnover is crazy . Management does their best to help out . Some people seem to get stuck and not able to move forward after many years of being there . They are very flexible and understanding with things that happen inside and outside of work . I have loved almost every coworker I have had in five years . Sucks to see when they go but happy they move on to bigger things .

Pros

Very flexible, awesome co workers

Cons

Don't get breaks sometimes, understaffe, low wages

High turnover rates, bad management

I was at Talecris for 6 years, some years were better than others depending on the management but we had a new manager basically every year. The turnover rate is very high therefore it’s never fully staffed, so it’s a lot of work for the people who stick around because you’re expected to run 3 areas at once while management sits in the office and does not help until it is absolute chaos. If the management is good and you have a full staff it’s a great place to work at, the benefits are great and the pay is also good.

Pros

Health insurance, pay

Cons

High turnover, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grifols. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Grifols.
Powered byComparably