Grimaldi's - Coal Brick Oven Pizzeria Employee Reviews

Be prepared
Cook (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMarch 23, 2019
General manager made several mistakes including letting customers bring in outside alcoholic beverages. Health code violations and poor attitude. General manager screamed at employees and was not very good at doing job. Middle management was much better
Pros
Good middle management
Enrique Jones
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXMarch 21, 2019
It was the worst experience of my life the managers were negative and rude and insulting to every employee. And one of the managers threatened my girlfriend and made a big scene. Embarrassed everybody and I will never ever recommend Grimaldi's
Pros
Not the greatest place to work
Host and Busser (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 11, 2019
Very chaotic environment and hard to enjoy your time here. Management is a mess, so is the work environment. It will be difficult to enjoy your time working at this place. You don't feel like you can advance or that you're putting your time to good use.
Pros
Free food if you work a double shift
Cons
Management, staff, work environment
Indifferent
Busser (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 6, 2019
The reason I call working at grimadli's indifferent was the fact that nothing changed no matter how hard you worked or what you wanted to achieve, as a busser you are a grunt thats it, and thats all you'll ever be. You won't reach higher than that unless you work for more than 5+ years in their company. The pay is lousy and the hours are even worse, plus you have to pick up the slack for everyone else who makes mistakes with no extra pay but in fact more rough work. I was quite nice there and I liked helping others and was quite respectful but what did i get for being the nice guy, nothing zilch. I don't want to work somewhere where my kindness and want to do more for the company, my manger and to be a better worker is repaid with nothing but garbage.
Pros
maybe good tips
Cons
tons of extra work and duties with no extra pay
Easy first job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2019
This was my first actual job. I was hired on the spot at the interview. After a year and a half they had only given me a 50 cent raise and ended up hiring too many hosts which cut my hours in half. Due to this I had to leave for more money and more hours.
Pros
50% off food during a shift, good with days requested off
Cons
No raises unless you ask, hire too many people, hard to get hours
fun workplace
Server/Assistant Manager/ Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 21, 2018
fun workplace
learned how to work in a corporation
moved up easily from host to assistant manager

loved working in the company and enjoyed growing within
fun family dynamic with back of house. We all struggled together. front of house could care less about the back and looks down on them as less
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 18, 2018
I worked as a cook for 11 months. I learned a lot. management doesn't care about you. I had managers talk down to me. I appreciate the people I met though. The back of house is sweet. The front only cares for themselves.
Pros
meet some nice people, develop unique relationships with each person, the occasional free pizza.
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare, disrespect and disregard for employees.
Was fun, fast paced when busy hate my location closed
Bartender/Server ,Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 12, 2018
I started there just as a server assistant but after a few months I was asked if wanted to learn how to work the bar and be a server also which I am thankful I did. Great training and co-workers were great, management good overall some days the GM could be rude and have a short attitude but it was very rare. I miss working there and my co-workers!
Pros
Pay, advancement, training, management
Not much for a resturant
Kitchen Prep (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 10, 2018
Working in a kitchen for a recent timing, I found myself on numerous nights wondering if there was any way for me to move up in the restaurant. With very little staff, long hours, & minimal benefits, I for one couldn't be happy not working in a kitchen anymore.
Not worth it!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2018
No growth what so ever! In the short time I was there I have see multiple managers that have been with the company for 5+ years just walk out on shifts due to corporate! Just not a good company to work for!
Fun place to work
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 29, 2018
Friendly work environment made it fun to go to work. Long enough breaks to be able to eat and decompress before getting back to work. Fast paced at times and slower at others.
Hardwork goes unnoticed
Pizza cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2018
I hated working here. If not for my fellow employees I would have quit. One manager was a cool level headed guy, that actually cared. While the GN was almost the opposite.
Great place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 1, 2018
Great company that always give you chances to advance in the company. The managers are great towards you and if they see potential in you they will let you know you have an opportunity to advance.
Not the worst but nowhere near the best
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Highland Village, TxSeptember 26, 2018
Most of my coworkers were friendly and awesome to work with, but the general manager makes it impossible to stay there long. She doesn’t allow you to schedule time off if it doesn’t benefit her, plays favorites, and is overall rude and impersonal. Pizza waits here get up to 2 hours and customers know if they complain they’ll get free food so they’re very rude. Not worth the decent money you make. Great coworkers for the most part.
Pros
Free double food, not terrible hours, friends easily made
Cons
Terrible managment, understaffed, vile customers
great job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2018
This was a great job , everyone knows how to work together and keep everyone happy, I would open and close the door for everyone that comes in , would ask them how there day is going and sit them.
Pros
team work
Cons
phones
Well-paid job
Busser (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 23, 2018
It was a well-paid, fast-paced job. If the restaurant wasn't busy I would just take plates to the kitchen and stuff like that, but it was relaxed when it wasn't too busy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short beaks, fast-apced
Phenomenal Pizza. Best I’ve ever had
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 19, 2018
Fantastic place to work as you move your career towards management . GM was great and the area manager was excellent at identifying talent and putting them in a position to be successful to move forward with the company
Yikes
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 4, 2018
Grimaldi's was terrible to work at. The management was very poor and the work days were incredibly slow. It was honestly a very depressing place to work.
Productive,Fast-paced,Friendly,Caring company
Server/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2018
Grimaldi's was a fast paced, very caring establishment to the employees as well as the staff. Everything was hands on and everyone was on task to complete each and every day at Grimaldi's.
It’s ok working there but hourly pay is not good enough
Salad Prep (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 1, 2018
I like working there but paying is not much and hours are really low. I would like to find a job that pays good and good hours, I don’t have much schooling but I sure can learn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grimaldi's - Coal Brick Oven Pizzeria. Our community is ready to answer.